1.6 Update 1.6 release date is March 19th!

maxforummfv

Greenhorn
Hi guys, I just want to ask one things: Will the mod gonna to broke after this update?
I see smapi said alot of mod will die in next smapi update which work for 1.6
And some mod may get update after days, weeks... but some will never will. So, really confuse. Because honestly, the mod make the game great. The Stardew Expanded, the Rodge Village make the game into next level!

ArtifactSpot

What sort of monster drinks mayonnaise?

*quietly uninstalls stardew*
I’m not uninstalling Stardew over mayo drinking but I agree it’s definitely cringeworthy 🤢

Maybe it gives you more energy and health though. In SDV world milk alone isn’t very nutritious, but press it into cheese and people are off to fight battles with great monsters with cheese in tow. But you have coops first generally, not barns. So then you have eggs, which in SDV world contain very little nutrition, but in SDV world maybe mayo will be a cheaper to make, slightly less nutritious form of cheese? Maybe enough to give strength and stamina in early gameplay when you need good food for the regular mines? Think of it as spray can cheese, a food stuff (if you could call it that) which was very popular in the 1980’s and early 1990’s of my youth. 😆

Last edited by a moderator:

ArtifactSpot

Hi guys, I just want to ask one things: Will the mod gonna to broke after this update?
And some mod may get update after days, weeks... but some will never will. So, really confuse. Because honestly, the mod make the game great. The Stardew Expanded, the Rodge Village make the game into next level!
Those two mods you mention will likely update too. They are some of the more popular mods, and I’m sure their creators know that. Will they update and work tomorrow, probably not. I’ll wait for those who know more to post further but just trying to give you some hope those mods will update sometime after the new update releases.

Odin

Staff member
There's no single answer to this question. Some mods will likely have updates available right away, others will take some time to update. It really depends on the person who originally created the mod, big mods like SVE are of course being actively developed and will be updated. On the other hand, if you have a mod that was released in 2021 from someone that no longer works on it, that mod may not see an update. You'll want to look to the authors of the mods you use for information on this.

HaleyRocks

Farmer
The new farm type, is going to have blue grass. I wanted to ask; is blue grass already in the game, or not? Just out of curiosity.

And for the people nagging, please let Eric do his job and players enjoy their game. There is no problem if the players who choose so, can have a decisive head-start! Why should we, who earned the coop and chickens with sweat and pain, be angry for fellow animal-lovers choosing to start with them?

nicodeux

Farmer
There are fibers from Linus recipe that grow blue during winter. Aside from those, grass is either green or brown/orange depending on the season.

And regarding the new farm, this confirms my initial idea of starting a new game with the new farm when update 1.6 rolls out.
I'm very curious to know what would be the downside of this new farm.

SciFiSushi

Cowpoke
And for the people nagging, please let Eric do his job and players enjoy their game. There is no problem if the players who choose so, can have a decisive head-start! Why should we, who earned the coop and chickens with sweat and pain, be angry for fellow animal-lovers choosing to start with them?
I think it’s great. Chickens are my favorite, so I am 100% starting a new save with the new farm type!

Dalurk

Tiller
I was going to wait before updating for 1.6, but curiosity has got the better of me and instead I'm going to start a new mod-free save and play the new farm type. I don't particularly like the idea of starting with a coop and chickens, but I'll give it a chance.

I'm all ready to go...other than the small matter of the update not being available yet!