Please Read REPORT 1.5 MOBILE ISSUES HERE! (UPDATED FEB 20)

Renee

Newcomer
Type of phone: iPhone se 3
Details of your issue: The first time I saw the mission board outside of the house of Luis. I can’t see the whole sentence of the mission. The font is too big. After the passing animation( sry i don’t know if it’s called that), I went to check what mission can I get and that’s the first time I found out this problem. Yes I am consistently experiencing this problem.
Screenshots/video:
7839BBF3-319F-4A90-80EF-0B77EE575ED7.png
A1E6E3B4-83B1-44AD-93A3-90C5B075485E.png

On the day of your issue, it was an "emergency load".
Any other info that might be relevant: I thought itmight be the problem of my phone, I like to use big font. However, after changing the font to smallest of my phone, and I restarted the game, it was still like before you know the huge sentences.

Azalea

Newcomer
Good day, I just started to play Stardew valley again and I have some minor bugs regarding The Shrine of Illusions at wizards home

Type of phone: Android- Vivo V27e

Details of your issue: My game is crashing whenever I tried to change my appearance the shrine of Illusions, I've already had the Wizard with 4hearts but as I click yes to changing appearance the game closes. I tried to restart my phone and close the tab of the game and tried it for few times but it continues to crash, I hope you will able to fix this bug. :')

Screenshots/video:
Video link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ekuKL5ytpb8-W3d6TJI9dXfeSNna8YPs/view?usp=drivesdk

IMG_20230724_140450.jpg

IMG_20230724_140501.jpg

IMG_20230724_140510.jpg

Any other info that might be relevant:
I did do both load the game through load game menu and emergency load but it still crashes

Attachments

Malakaai

Greenhorn
Adding my experience to the list of fishing rod sounds. Its the sound the rod makes when reeling in a fish. Happens consistently after i have had the app running on my ipad for 30 minutes AND I have attempted to catch or succesfully caught (doesn't matter which) a fish. Like everyone else, the sound does not go away unless I restart the app.

Device:
iPad 9th Generation
iOS 16.5.1(c)
Stardew Valley+ (Apple Arcade version) v.1.5.6 build 46
No other apps are open
Bluetooth is enabled and connected to a bluetooth videogame controller (xbox 20th anniversary controller)
Wifi is enabled

Video of it happening:

Faith2be

Newcomer
Using an 8th gen iPad.
The fishing rod reeling sound continues between catches and the rest of the day.
This happens randomly, not every Stardew day.
I have to close out the app and restart because it will continue if you just exit the world.

Tkoenning

Newcomer
I’ve gone 3 in-game months without having rain, and I desperately need battery packs. I have no luck at the traveling cart, and can’t get anything from my lightning rods without rain. This is very frustrating as the lack of battery packs is holding me back from about 6 tasks.

I’m on IOS - iPad Pro
This happens in any game load.

Tkoenning

Newcomer
Adding my experience to the list of fishing rod sounds. Its the sound the rod makes when reeling in a fish. Happens consistently after i have had the app running on my ipad for 30 minutes AND I have attempted to catch or succesfully caught (doesn't matter which) a fish. Like everyone else, the sound does not go away unless I restart the app.

Device:
iPad 9th Generation
iOS 16.5.1(c)
Stardew Valley+ (Apple Arcade version) v.1.5.6 build 46
No other apps are open
Bluetooth is enabled and connected to a bluetooth videogame controller (xbox 20th anniversary controller)
Wifi is enabled

Video of it happening:
Happens to me too

junimostarr

Newcomer
Type of phone: Iphone 11
Details of your issue: When pressing “new” to make a new save at the title screen the game instantly crashes. I have deleted and reinstalled the game 3 times to see if that would fix it, but the issue persists. I have not been able to play at all since this issue started.

Lemon Drop

Cowpoke
I’ve gone 3 in-game months without having rain, and I desperately need battery packs. I have no luck at the traveling cart, and can’t get anything from my lightning rods without rain. This is very frustrating as the lack of battery packs is holding me back from about 6 tasks.

I’m on IOS - iPad Pro
This happens in any game load.
You can get the recipe for a solar panel that produces battery packs by completing Caroline’s quest on the second bulletin board. You’ll need Ginger Island unlocked to complete her quests. https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Solar_Panel

If you get your friendship points up with Pam, she’ll usually give you a battery pack (or a beer, lol). She “loves” parsnips, so I always keep a bunch for her.

It usually storms during the summer. Did you have your lightning rods up then?

Coldarcs

Newcomer
I’m using the Apple Arcade version on a 12.9” iPad Pro 4th gen (A12Z chip). It loads the title screen perfectly but as soon as you select “New Game” it crashes. Exactly like the iPhone 11 user above. I’ve tried restarting iPad, reinstalling.

EDIT:Check if your iPad is doing a backup. I stopped mine and it worked.

Last edited:

Maho-Chan

Newcomer
Type of phone: iPhone 12 Pro, ios 16.5.1 (c), apple-arcade stardew valley+, while using Bluetooth connected xbox series controller
Details of your issue: I'm almost every time experiencing game crashing problem. If I tap on screen in any ingame menu (inventory, crafting, shop) and after that use any of buttons or triggers on gamepad it crashes game.

Tralagos

Greenhorn
This seems to be a recurring issue: in the Saloon and with Robin, I can‘t access their stores when I should be able to

Type of phone: ipad pro 12, iOS 16.6, Apple Arcade version of the game
Details of your issue: When moving to the interaction square for the Saloon and Robin, 75%-90% of the time, the shop never opens.
Screenshots/video: (highly encouraged)
On the day of your issue, did you load your game through the Load Game menu (you wake up in the bed)? Or was it an "emergency load" (i.e. one where you start mid-day wherever you left off)? loading in, the prompt was “restart where you left off?” And I selected yes.
Any other info that might be relevant: I’ve tried both with touch interface and with the virtual joystick and buttons and it doesn’t seem to make any difference. Usually I can get the Saloon to eventually open by just tapping all over the arrow icon, however I can virtually never get Robin’s shop to open.

BlueChicken

Greenhorn
Quality bobber doesnt work
Phone: samsung galaxy A53 5g
Detail: if i have level 10 and dont get perfect while fishing i get gold fish (if the body of water is big enough) but same happens while using quality bobber
Still having this issue on Samsung phone

Lemon Drop

Cowpoke
This seems to be a recurring issue: in the Saloon and with Robin, I can‘t access their stores when I should be able to

Type of phone: ipad pro 12, iOS 16.6, Apple Arcade version of the game
Details of your issue: When moving to the interaction square for the Saloon and Robin, 75%-90% of the time, the shop never opens.
Screenshots/video: (highly encouraged)
On the day of your issue, did you load your game through the Load Game menu (you wake up in the bed)? Or was it an "emergency load" (i.e. one where you start mid-day wherever you left off)? loading in, the prompt was “restart where you left off?” And I selected yes.
Any other info that might be relevant: I’ve tried both with touch interface and with the virtual joystick and buttons and it doesn’t seem to make any difference. Usually I can get the Saloon to eventually open by just tapping all over the arrow icon, however I can virtually never get Robin’s shop to open.
Have you tried zooming in? That works for me.

Tkoenning

Newcomer
You can get the recipe for a solar panel that produces battery packs by completing Caroline’s quest on the second bulletin board. You’ll need Ginger Island unlocked to complete her quests. https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Solar_Panel

If you get your friendship points up with Pam, she’ll usually give you a battery pack (or a beer, lol). She “loves” parsnips, so I always keep a bunch for her.

It usually storms during the summer. Did you have your lightning rods up then?
I understand that I can make solar panels, but it would still be nice if my weather cycle wasn’t stuck on sunny. It didn’t storm once during summer, and I did have my lightning rods up. Still working on unlocking ginger island.

bowyo

Newcomer
Adding to the fishing sound issue.
After I catch a fish and it’s placed in my backpack the sound of fishing rod doesn’t stop. It happens both for regular catch and catch with prize. It’s usually a high sound of spinning, but sometimes the other sound lags. I’ve tried:
- to catch another fish
- go to another location
- change the tool
- go to the main menu
- go to the main screen of ipad

Nothing of it helped, the sound disappears only if I terminate the game.
I use ipad 8th with OS 15.7.

DaisyBell42

Newcomer
Type of phone: IPhone 14 (version 16.5.1)
Details of your issue: I was dragging over my (copper) axe to swap with coal and somehow my axe was duplicated. I did just turn in my hoe to be turned copper, not sure if it’s relevant.
Screenshots/video:
1690862534295.png

On the day of your issue, did you load your game through the Load Game menu (you wake up in the bed)? Or was it an "emergency load" (i.e. one where you start mid-day wherever you left off)? I think it was an “emergency load” but I could be wrong since I’ve been playing most of the day and exited several times. (one of my favorite games ever!)
Any other info that might be relevant: I did just turn in my hoe to be turned copper, not sure if this has anything to do with it.

sigma.z

Newcomer
Type of phone: iPad 7th Gen, OS version 16.3.1
Details of your issue: (see below)
On the day of your issue, did you load your game through the Load Game menu (you wake up in the bed)? Or was it an "emergency load" (i.e. one where you start mid-day wherever you left off)? happens both for emergency and normal
Any other info that might be relevant: (additional details that maybe don't fit in the main issue or something you think might be related)
  1. Magnetism stopped working. I merged my iridium band with another ring at the forge. Since then, magnetism has stoppped working on this save file.
    • I've try using different rings, crafting new rings, unforging, restartin the day, going through the whole to start again, nothing matters.
    • I have also tried comparing different rings, ie small vs normal magnet rings, there's no difference
    • This is only for the saved file I have that has merged the rings; my younger farm that hasnt unlocked ginger island has no such issue
    • Other people hav also reporteed experiencing this in this thread
  2. Unable to collect/place items on specifc part of screen. On the bottom left of my screen, there is this specfic line that I can never collect/place items.
    • I can click on the tile to get there but I cannot do any right-click equivalent things, incl. harvesting, collecting keg products, refilling kegs, interacting with Robin's shop
    • I suspect this is the same issue with people that can't interact with the cc's craft room, robin's shop, etc. because it is around the same "screen area"
    • What I have to do instead is zoom very close or very far to perform my tasks
  3. Fishing sound. Same as @Faith2be and @lsitter's and many other's report, occasionally the fish reeling sound just will just not stop
    • no trend detected either
  4. Black screen. Same as @Caner's report, I have the exact same issue where the screen blacks out with only 1 tool and sometimes maybe the menu bar showing.
    • Neither buttons can be clicked, i just have to do a hard restart of the app
  5. Bad museum UI. Similar to WovenViper's report, when donating or rearranging the museum, the placement tiles are zoomed in on an automatic, non-adjustable level.
    • This prevents us from actually seeing the few bottom rows
    • Also, it's very hard to click on a sertain tile, sometimes I have to tap multiple time before it is selected
  6. Frozen graphics. Same as Webber's report issue (3), I too have the same the issues with the frozen petals.
    • This also occurs for leaves and other windy weather floating things
  7. Can't save file. On random occasions, I will reach the "saving" screen and it will just not move on from there for long time
    • Have to hard restart the app
  8. Toolbar size reset.Each game startup, the tool bar will adjust itse;f to a 'default' size regardless of that is listed in my setting, I have to reset it each time.
hi @Magically Clueless
Upon reading many many pages (like 20+) pages of this thread, I've realised that many of the issues I'm experiencing is not unusual. That said, I've been really enjoying the game and I thought I would collate all the issues I have been experiencing over whole month I have been playing it. The magnetism issue in particular is very sad mostly cause it very much impacts my gamplay in combat and foraging.

Regardless, I would still really like to express my gratitude towards everybody involved in developing is as it is bringing me so much joy. I know the mobile player sector is a minor place in the grand scheme of things but I am looking forward to seeing the improvements to come!!

Much love, :heart:

Device: 8th gen iPad
sometimes when I press a bit of land to walk over to there, my screen turns black and all that will show up is my axe and the energy bar.

IMG_1236.png

MidnightA9

Newcomer
Hello, I'm playing on Apple IPhone 12, IOS 16.5.1, and all of my weapons have suddenly started dealing 1 damage. I've searched for solutions and found some things saying that the iridium ring was related, and yes, I got the iridium ring from fishing. Please fix this, it's making the mines impossible.