Please Read REPORT 1.5 MOBILE ISSUES HERE! (UPDATED FEB 20)

Ashleysmithey

Greenhorn
Type of phone: iPhone 14 pro max
Details of your issue: After fishing, sound is bugged. Constantly sounds like I am fishing until I close the game and restart it.

Poofr

Newcomer
Having the same issue on iPad Air 4, can’t use anything to get out and have to exit and restart the day. It’s gonna be incomplete forever i fear..
IMG_2345.png

I’m playing on an iPhone 14. The game keeps freezing when I exit the bulletin board in the community center. The first time it happened I quit the game and when I opened it again it had me restart that day and it froze again at the same point.

View attachment 16874

hydroogen

Newcomer
Type of phone: Vivo v25
Details of your issue: i was mining. I get out from the mine. Then minimize the app by pressing home button. It should auto save. When i tried emergency load, no character can be seen. I can zoom in/out. It just stuck as in picture below.
Screenshots/video:
Screenshot_20230811_201840_com.chucklefish.stardewvalley.jpg

On the day of your issue, did you load your game through the Load Game menu (you wake up in the bed)? Or was it an "emergency load" (i.e. one where you start mid-day wherever you left off)?
Any other info that might be relevant:
I used the emergency load

Lesandy

Newcomer
iPad air gen 4
apple arcade Stardew Valley +

game constantly crashes randomly. Most of the time have to restart the day because the return from where you left off doesn’t pop up. Super frustrating!! Happening to anyone else?

edit: mostly the screen just goes black and can only see the first item in my toolbar. I can hear my character moving around still though. Sometimes the app does crash completely too.

qyzus

Newcomer
Hello, I had a recipe disappear and cannot find anything on Google about the issue so I thought I would try here.
1.5.6 39
Phone galaxy S21 FE
I earned the pumpkin soup recipe, made it twice, now it has completely vanished from my list.
No mods.
Nothing goes better with pure escapism than pumpkin soup, please help.
Thank you.

SamDuncan09

Greenhorn
Type of phone: Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra 512GB Black
Details of your issue: Game Crashing Randomly - Using the BackBone One Black Xbox version and is causing the game to crash, I have had no issues with crashing when using just the phone. The game crashes randomly when pushing various buttons but causes me to restart the day from bed, no emergency saves.

When going into the controller menu ingame and pressing down on the game pad this seems to make it crash everytime.

Was excited to use the backbone one but this will be a deal breaker since its crashing every 10 - 20 minutes randomly.

Screenshots/video: N/A

On the day of your issue, did you load your game through the Load Game menu (you wake up in the bed)? Or was it an "emergency load" (i.e. one where you start mid-day wherever you left off)? Started the day from bed as normal.

Any other info that might be relevant: Definitely the backbone one causing the issues for me.

PeachCigs

Greenhorn
Type of phone: Apple iPad Pro 11" 2nd Gen 256GB

Details of your issue: So when I open a menu screen (like a chat box, chest, inventory, settings etc) the game will randomly crash. The game will still be open in my previous apps tab but when i open the game it'll just be at the title screen. It only started happening ALOT after day 22. Its become unplayable because I cant open my inventory without this happening randomly.

I'll go a whole in-game day without it crashing and think "oh okay must have fixed itself" then BOOM it happens again. Thankfully I was recording my screen this time so I could catch it happening lol. If you need anymore in-depth details just let me know, this has been a rushed report because Im pretty tired soz :sweat::heart:

Screenshots/video: video i screen recorded https://youtu.be/eIvbgbmJDMY

On the day of your issue, did you load your game through the Load Game menu (you wake up in the bed)? Or was it an "emergency load" (i.e. one where you start mid-day wherever you left off)? It was a normal load game menu where u start in ur bed

Any other info that might be relevant: I use a PS4 controller connected with Bluetooth to play stardew on my ipad
EDIT: I play Stardew Valley+ on Apple Arcade if that helps :)

Last edited:

Koasmom

Newcomer
Hi. I’m playing on an IPad Pro large screen. I cannot catch fish because I have no place to touch the screen that doesn’t take the bobber out and recasts. I’ve even tried a controller to no avail. I must be missing something. Am attaching a screenshot. Please help!

Attachments

HippoCrates1001

Greenhorn
Type of phone: iPad Pro 11” (pretty sure it is 2nd gen, it is the first one that needs Apple Pencil 2) running iPadOS 16.6

Details of your issue: I play using the XBOX Series S Stock Controller, but there are actions that cannot be completed using the controller, such as going into the menus accessible when pressing the 3 bars, under the quest ! Button. I can navigate the menus with controller, and can exit using controller, but if I accidentally forget (AGAIN) and press B to come out of the menu on the friendship page, instead of the X to touch onscreen it ALWAYS “crashes to desktop“ and I lose the entire day’s progress. (I have TBI so it happens often, I’m sure I’ll eventually drill it into my brain so I don’t forget and write off such awesomeness. - I crashed just after finding over 10k of iron bars in the lost and found. Not because of doing that, but because I checked something in the friendship menu, at some point after that. Nooooo I cried, as those bars were gone and I couldn’t replicate how it happened.)

Screenshots/video: Not sure it would be needed, I mean - you wouldn’t see me selecting anything on the screen if I’m using controller, and id rather it not crash and show my private home screen. Not that I have anything to hide, so if you want a vid, please just ask.

On the day of your issue, did you load your game through the Load Game menu (you wake up in the bed)? This all depends on whether it already crashed so I couldn’t save it when I stupidly hit that damn B button again. (In ALL games I play on my Xbox, the B is the “back“ button, or the kind of the menu (FO4 and Skyrim) If it crashes, I’m in bed starting the day again. If I manage to leave the game on purpose, I ensure I click the “save backup” button (at least 5 times for good measure) in the menu, before closing to title screen.

Any other info that might be relevant: It would be nice to find a way to come out of the friendship menu using the “B” button on controller, and not have it crash. If it is not possible, I’ll keep putting my controller down and only use the touchscreen to control what I’m doing in there, so I don’t crash it.

When I press “Y“ to access full inventory view, I can press “B” to come out of it, it is just when it is on the friendship page.

Would it be possible to implement more frequent auto saves? Like every time a menu is accessed or exited? Then I would not lose a whole day of working. 🤭

Mac Thompson

Newcomer
Willy’s boat repair bug

There are 3 exclamation points above each section (batteries, iridium bars, hardwood) and I cannot interact with or add the hardwood no matter what I do. I was able to add batteries and iridium bars. No mods, playing on an ipad.
Playing on Android, no mods, same issue - I think that I tried to add hardwood when I had less than the 200 required but now that I have plenty I can't add hardwood.

Lemon Drop

Cowpoke
Hi. I’m playing on an IPad Pro large screen. I cannot catch fish because I have no place to touch the screen that doesn’t take the bobber out and recasts. I’ve even tried a controller to no avail. I must be missing something. Am attaching a screenshot. Please help!
Are you waiting until you have a fish on your line before touching your screen?

Koasmom

Newcomer
Are you waiting until you have a fish on your line before touching your screen?
Yes. I even turned on the volume to make sure. Touching the screen anywhere just brings in the bobber and recasts. Could it be a screen sensitivity issue? I feel like I’m missing half of the game.

hemicyon

Cowpoke
Type of phone: 2020 11" iPad Pro, iPadOS 16.6
Details of your issue: Unable to open Robin's shop menu; during open hours, Robin is at the till and the arrow is present, but nothing happens when I tap with the Apple Pencil or my finger. Unable to open the first Community Centre menu; already entered and saw the mysterious writing and met with the wizard, but upon returning, nothing happens when I tap the icon.
On the day of your issue, did you load your game through the Load Game menu (you wake up in the bed)? Or was it an "emergency load" (i.e. one where you start mid-day wherever you left off)? Always via the Load Game menu

Lucy_worm

Newcomer
Hi! For some reason my game gets stuck on the reeling sound when I’m fishing. It only happens after I’ve caught multiple fish. I have to exit the game and refresh it entirely. I’m playing on my iPhone.

RubG0

Cowpoke
Phone: Model number: SM-A415F/DSN

I've been having a few bugs since the 1.5 update, most of them are texture related:

bug #1: weird green lines appear when the water moves up. When the water moves down the green lines disappear again.

Bug #2: some items have a few black pixels along the edge of the texture

Bug #3: when entering buildings, the game freezes for a bit but then works again. It isn't a huge problem but It didn't happen in 1.4 and it kind of breaks emersion sometimes.

Screenshot of the texture glitch of the water and the item texture glitch in this case its the fiber:

Screenshot_20230816-123412.jpg

Attachments

Mac Thompson

Newcomer
Playing on Android, no mods, same issue - I think that I tried to add hardwood when I had less than the 200 required but now that I have plenty I can't add hardwood.
Success! Walked up with hardwood in inventory, but not selected, Tried different zoom levels on android until I got the Hardwood message to pop up, then it accepted the 200 pieces.

hemicyon

Cowpoke
Type of phone: 2020 11" iPad Pro, iPadOS 16.6
Details of your issue: Suddenly unable to chop two of the hardwood stumps on the forest farm map. The first day (maybe two) with the upgraded axe, I was able to chop all the stumps, but now two of the regenerative stumps can’t be chopped
Screenshots/video: On the day of your issue, did you load your game through the Load Game menu (you wake up in the bed)? Or was it an "emergency load" (i.e. one where you start mid-day wherever you left off)? Always via the Load Game menu

Lemon Drop

Cowpoke
Yes. I even turned on the volume to make sure. Touching the screen anywhere just brings in the bobber and recasts. Could it be a screen sensitivity issue? I feel like I’m missing half of the game.
I don’t know about screen sensitivity; the only times what you’re describing happens to me is if I touch my screen before I get a hit. Have you tried fishing someplace other than the ocean? Have you tried zooming in a bit?

This is a long shot, but you could try buying a training rod and see if you can catch anything with it.