Please Read REPORT 1.5 MOBILE ISSUES HERE! (UPDATED FEB 20)

LDLC

Newcomer
I’m playing the most recent update on my iPhone 13 and when I go to the wizard’s basement to the shrine of illusions, when I click yes to pay 500 gold to change my appearance, the app crashes. It happens each time I try this action.

shoo_012

Newcomer
I’m not sure if this is the right thread to post this on, but i’ve recently started playing the apple arcade version (Stardew Valley+) and I can’t buy anything from Robin or from the saloon. All the other shops work, but in these two shops, when I press the counter to get the options of what to buy, it doesn’t work. I really love the game though, and it would be really great if this could be fixed.

Lemon Drop

Cowpoke
I’m not sure if this is the right thread to post this on, but i’ve recently started playing the apple arcade version (Stardew Valley+) and I can’t buy anything from Robin or from the saloon. All the other shops work, but in these two shops, when I press the counter to get the options of what to buy, it doesn’t work. I really love the game though, and it would be really great if this could be fixed.
Zoom in on your screen and that should fix it.

If and when you have problems in the future like picking something up, accessing a keg, planting something, etc., zooming in will usually fix the problem. This mostly happens in the lower left part of your screen.

Don’t quit! It’s a great game and loads of fun, though support seems to have gone out the window (last update was in February).

Koasmom

Newcomer
I don’t know about screen sensitivity; the only times what you’re describing happens to me is if I touch my screen before I get a hit. Have you tried fishing someplace other than the ocean? Have you tried zooming in a bit?

This is a long shot, but you could try buying a training rod and see if you can catch anything with it.
Ty for your help. I have both the bamboo and training pole. Neither works. Any other ideas?

Lemon Drop

Cowpoke
Ty for your help. I have both the bamboo and training pole. Neither works. Any other ideas?
This will be slow-going and probably won’t get you to actually fish, but here’s a way you can level up on your fishing:

Complete the Crab Pot Bundle in the Community Center which will give you three crab pots as a reward. (You need five of the pictured items - get the cockle, mussel, oyster, and clam from the beach, and a crab from the mines.)

In the meantime, make friends with Linus and get him to four hearts at which time he’ll give you the recipe for Wild Bait (10 fiber, 5 slime, 5 bug meat) that you can put in your crab pots which will start you “fishing.” Once you get to fishing level 2, you’ll be able to craft regular bait (one bug meat) or buy it from Willy which is all you need for the crab pots - lots less effort/resources than crafting wild bait. At level 2 you’ll also be able to buy a Fiberglass Rod, but I don’t know if it’d let you fish since the training rod you bought didn’t help.

At fishing level 3, you’ll be able to craft more crab pots or buy them from Willy.

You can eventually get to level 10 using just crab pots, but unless getting to higher levels or getting better rods (fiberglass, iridium) triggers something in your game, I’m afraid you won’t be able to actually fish.

Note: At level 4 you’ll be able to craft a Recycling Machine. Save the “junk” you get from your crab pots for it.

Also, any fish you catch in your crab pots can be turned into sashimi which is a cheap/free “loved” gift by Sebastian. You get the recipe from Linus at 3 hearts.

I just thought of this, and it might be worth a try first. Start a new game; you can have up to 10 (IIRC) games going at once, so no need to delete the one you have now. After getting the bamboo pole from Willy on Day 2, see if you can fish. If things are the same as your first game, then just delete the second game…or keep going with it if there are things you wish you’d done differently in the first game.

Good luck!

Koasmom

Newcomer
This will be slow-going and probably won’t get you to actually fish, but here’s a way you can level up on your fishing:

Complete the Crab Pot Bundle in the Community Center which will give you three crab pots as a reward. (You need five of the pictured items - get the cockle, mussel, oyster, and clam from the beach, and a crab from the mines.)

In the meantime, make friends with Linus and get him to four hearts at which time he’ll give you the recipe for Wild Bait (10 fiber, 5 slime, 5 bug meat) that you can put in your crab pots which will start you “fishing.” Once you get to fishing level 2, you’ll be able to craft regular bait (one bug meat) or buy it from Willy which is all you need for the crab pots - lots less effort/resources than crafting wild bait. At level 2 you’ll also be able to buy a Fiberglass Rod, but I don’t know if it’d let you fish since the training rod you bought didn’t help.

At fishing level 3, you’ll be able to craft more crab pots or buy them from Willy.

You can eventually get to level 10 using just crab pots, but unless getting to higher levels or getting better rods (fiberglass, iridium) triggers something in your game, I’m afraid you won’t be able to actually fish.

Note: At level 4 you’ll be able to craft a Recycling Machine. Save the “junk” you get from your crab pots for it.

Also, any fish you catch in your crab pots can be turned into sashimi which is a cheap/free “loved” gift by Sebastian. You get the recipe from Linus at 3 hearts.

I just thought of this, and it might be worth a try first. Start a new game; you can have up to 10 (IIRC) games going at once, so no need to delete the one you have now. After getting the bamboo pole from Willy on Day 2, see if you can fish. If things are the same as your first game, then just delete the second game…or keep going with it if there are things you wish you’d done differently in the first game.

Good luck!
Thank you!!! I really appreciate your advice. Thank you for taking the time to write all this out.

Lemon Drop

Cowpoke
Thank you!!! I really appreciate your advice. Thank you for taking the time to write all this out.
You’re welcome!

It’s really a bummer that you can’t fish. Without finishing all the fishing bundles, you won’t be able to complete the Community Center. The Traveling Cart will sometimes have fish that you need for the bundles, so get them when you can. Linus will sometimes gift you a catfish or a largemouth bass, and Demetrius will sometimes give you a bream. I can’t remember any others.

Also, check all the trash cans - you’ll sometimes find fish there. (Make sure no one’s too close to you when you do.) You can get ghostfish sometimes in the mines from ghosts.

Just to make sure, are you touching your screen as soon as you see Hit! come on your screen? Like immediately? Because if you wait too long, what you’re describing will happen.

zephyrleywin

Newcomer
Hello, I'm having some issues with Stardew Valley latest version. I already wrote a review in playstore about this problem but it's still unfixed. Apparently, everytime I open the game, it closes by itself for three to four times before I could play it properly. I don't know if it's due to my device's performance but my friend is having the same problem. Anyway, this only happens after the 1.5 update in mobile. This seems like a minor issue for me since I can play the game smoothly without crashing after trying to open the game for 3-4 times. It's just that it's really annoying though. I'm using OPPO17k phone and my android version is 12.

Morax

Newcomer
Samsung Galaxy A12

I was busy designing my farm but I ran out of rss, so I decided to mine. When I was killing monsters, I noticed that it took too many swings to kill them. Before, it only took 1 or 2 swings and that's when I noticed that the damage I dealt was only 17-23. I have a galaxy sword which should be dealing 60-80 damage and I also have an iridium band. I tried other weapons but they are also dealing lower damage than what they're supposed to. When I logged in, I think it was an emergency load. I don't know what caused this, pls help😭. I'm now contemplating whether I should continue playing or not :(((

Attachments

Nalululemon

Newcomer
This is my second play through. I’ve unlocked everything to receive my players card but I can’t reach the stack of wood by my house. I’ve tried everything- updated the app, updated my house, moved the stable that I attached to the house, tried putting a chair there so I could jump over the chair, tried zooming in, zooming out… I can’t access the wood pile at all! So bummed. Any advice?

Attachments

orboan

Greenhorn
I am taking an absurd amount of damage for no reason. I have space boots and I’m at level 110 in the mines and all of a sudden a slime 2 shot kills me. I’m confused so I go find a regular slime in the secret forest and it almost kills me in two hits. It’s sad cause I love the game but I can’t do anything in the mines if I die in two hits from practically anything. Please fix. Thanks.

Stardew_Hugh

Greenhorn
Type of phone: Samsung Galaxy S22 - Android Version 13
Details of your issue: Beginning at least with Feast of the Winter Star, Year 1, when I enter the festival/ event my item menu disappears. When it happened the first time at Winter Star I spoke to a number of towns people but couldn't select a gift to give. After reloading from the beginning of the day before, I came back to the 25th and entered the Feast again but the item menu was still gone. I decided to just keep playing. Now I've only gone to the Egg Festival since then, but again at the Egg Festival my item menu was gone. If I click where items should be nothing happens so it's as if they weren't there. I CAN click where the Menu icon is and it pops up. This is how I was able to reload previous days save the first time it happened.
Screenshots/video: Sorry, I'll get a screenshot and upload it next time.
On the day of your issue, did you load your game through the Load Game menu (you wake up in the bed)? Or was it an "emergency load" (i.e. one where you start mid-day wherever you left off)? Originally it was most likely an emergency load. But then I did reload from the day before via the menu.
Any other info that might be relevant: Probably not related, but my Item Menu, or rather "Toolbar size" keeps reverting to what it was when I first played even though other sizing options I've changed remained the same. Also strangely, the number marked IN the menu doesn't change back to what it was, so if I touch the slider and leave the number exactly where it was then click X to close the menu, my Items will be the size I want them. But then I can leave the game, open it back up and load, and my items will again be very large.

idealthursday

Newcomer
IPhone XR iOS 16.6 with the game updates to updated to 1.5.6.39

Occasionally when fishing, the sound of the reel will get stuck and continue after you have caught the fish and will continue to play over the whole rest of the game until you quit the game and restart. (So for me, usually until I end the day and then quit the app and restart.) Closing the app and then reopening it will still bring right back the fishing reel noise. I keep forgetting to get a video with the sound playing but I can try to get it. It happens infrequently but has happened a number of times.

Edit: I just managed to catch it happening and made a video showing it both in the game and me closing the game and reopening. I am attaching it.

Edit 2: not sure how to attach video actually

Last edited:

Honeypiezzz

Newcomer
Type of phone: iPhone 14 pro
Details of your issue: I have the bug where it makes you choose a skill level up everyday
On the day of your issue, did you load your game through the Load Game menu (you wake up in the bed)? Or was it an "emergency load" (i.e. one where you start mid-day wherever you left off)?
Any other info that might be relevant:
slept in the bed and exited the game after it said it was saved

Ezekias2023

Greenhorn
Type of phone: iPhone XR
Details of your bug: Magnet rings won't work after forging two rings together one time. I believe they worked before. Even after crafting a new iridium band the magnet doesn't work anymore. Regular magnet rings and any ring with magnetism the feature does not work.
On the day of your issue, did you load your game through the Load Game menu (you wake up in the bed)? Or was it an "emergency load" (i.e. one where you start mid-day wherever you left off)?: I've consistently had the issue from loading either way. I don't know which way I loaded the first time it happened because I didn't notice right away.
Any other info that might be relevant: like I said I think the bug has something to do with the forge. I'm not certain though.
My problem is similar. In my case, the magnetic rings don't work and the light rings barely work. My problem was not saving backups, I simply invaded the skull mine using only bombs and passed out, the next day I leveled up to combat level 10 and the rings no longer worked. Another thing, I can't deal damage to monsters, they only suffer knockback. I remember I pressed the ring with full inventory, it was the same day I invaded. Maybe this mix causes the bug, but I can't think a solution but to create a new Farm

(Mobile version)

gollygeese

Newcomer
Type of phone: iPad Pro 2022 (12.9)

Details of your issue: Enemies deal ridiculous amounts of damage (60-80), even in lower levels. I haven’t reached floor 120 yet, so that can’t be causing it. It started happening as soon as I reached floor 110 and wore the Space Boots for the first time. Taking them off or changing shoes doesn’t fix it.

Screenshots/video:
IMG_0326.jpeg

IMG_0327.jpeg

On the day of your issue, did you load your game through the Load Game menu (you wake up in the bed)? Or was it an "emergency load" (i.e. one where you start mid-day wherever you left off)? Game menu

Any other info that might be relevant: when I checked the game files, my defense was set to -68…is that normal?

A couple of issues:
Im on an iPad pro 4th gen ipad OS 16.6
version 1.5.6.39
1. when fishing reeling noise continues after i stop fishing - only stops if I restart my ipad
2. Bottom left of screen in greenhouse - can’t gather crops in the bottom row unless I zoom out. That’s always been a problem. Now I can’t collect mushrooms bottom left of my farm unless I zoom in.
screenshots not applicable to these problems.