Year 2 Challenge Goal Suggestions? [Spoilers]

CrankyTemplar

Farmhand
Good day folks! I've been a bit hooked on Stardew Valley since January (my original save was lost shortly into Year 3, RIP) and have found the early game particularly interesting and completed a few 100 days playthroughs to get a bit more efficient. I just passed 100 days in the current playthrough I'm doing and want to go for perfection this time since I haven't done that yet.

However, I'm trying to think up some additional goals for year 2 as the main goals were finished in my current run. I have finished the community center and movie theater, completed all the monster slayer goals, collected all the stardrops, maxed friendship with everyone except Leo and Kent (opting for Krobus as my roommate), got enough walnuts to enter Mr. Qi's room, and earned 2.9 million gold (getting my first obelisk). I did have to reset Day 12 a few times due to my inexperience with catching Legend (hopefully next time I can improve).

I know the earliest I can obtain perfection is the very last day of Winter in Year 2 for the Queen of Sauce recipe and I think I can finish earning the gold for everything by that time. I'd like to try and spice things up with some additional challenges for the second year to make it interesting. As folks here are much more knowledgeable about the game than I am, do you have some fun / difficult / crazy challenges I might try for this run?

As well, my current farm is a barren winter wasteland with a house equally devoid of fashion so I will be trying to complete a fashion challenge regardless.

Many thanks in advance for your time and suggestions!

Hill Myna

Farmer
Hello CrankyTemplar! Welcome to the forums!

This sounds like lots of fun. So I hope some of my ideas can help!

Here they are:

Get every clothing item – You mentioned fashion, maybe this will be a fun challenge? You can make an exception for the Work Boots + a couple others, though, they are incredibly rare if you don't get them from the remixed Mines rewards.

Limited crops – Maybe you could restrict yourself to only planting crops on the farm/in outdoor garden pots (so no Ginger Island or Greenhouse)? To go even further, perhaps no Ancient Fruit, so you have to plant in-season only crops?

Swap your professions – I feel that it is very easy to always pick the "best" professions for our playstyles. You could swap to an option in the other branch, perhaps?

Iridium Fishssses – Maybe you could catch all the fish again, but this time they have to be iridium-quality? Barring the Legendary Fish (but not their extended family), of course, because I'd assume they've already been sold for cash. And they could all be put in fish tanks! Maybe the 'tanks would have to be Aquatic Sanctuaries, the ones from Mr. Qi.

Buy a Magic Rock Candy every week – This might be extremely burdensome, but it could be fun! And you can't eat any of them, of course.

That means you'd have to buy one on day 109 (the day of the Feast, 25th of Winter) and sixteen in Year 2 (it's OK, the Desert Trader only shuts on the three days of the Night Market, none of which are Thursdays). This is probably my favourite challenge suggestion!

Please keep the chest out of reach of children (oh, wait, you're roomating Krobus. NVM!).

CrankyTemplar

Farmhand
Thanks for the welcome and suggestions!

I've actually kept the legendary fish (although I was very tempted for the extra 11k Legend would have brought) but I suspect catching all iridium fish would require a quality bobber for the more difficult fish that I probably couldn't get a perfect catch. That's definitely one I could try and with decorating my farm some fish tanks from Mr. Qi (or a chest to hold the rest) would be a fun challenge!

I'm planning to switch the Angler perk to the one that removes junk from crab pots for cooking since I didn't save freshwater crab pot fish. I did switch from the +50% sell price to bars to double geodes to complete the museum. I suspect if I switched from Artisan I'd just switch back whenever I wanted to sell wine. The extra wood/hardwood perk instead of Botanist might help a bit in Y2 but I've been buying wood from Robin for a long time and plan to stock up on a lot of wood before the price increase. Is there a particular switch you'd suggest?

The clothing one seems really neat! I'd probably have to exclude the work boots (or ones with a similarly low drop chance item) plus the ones from Emily's 14-heart event this time but maybe next run I'll incorporate that into the run to plan ahead. I did consider trying to max rep while saying all the wrong options but the six hearts lost with Penny would make maxing in time very hard, similarly why I've opted to avoid divorcing (but maybe in a future run I'll divorce after 100 days).

The magic rock candy one also seems very neat! After enchanting everything I think I only have one or two prismatic shards left so I'd have to restock in Skull Caverns. I think the biggest concern is forgetting to go to the desert on Thursdays. I probably could wrangle a purchase on Day 102 but might give myself leeway to start on Day 109.

I think my inexperience with getting perfection makes me less eager to restrict the crops/money-making this run but that's something I'll look into next time. I'm currently interested in the min-maxing guide for early Skull Caverns to see if I can incorporate that into completing the above 100 days goals while also being able to afford the golden clock/all obelisks.

Hill Myna

Farmer
I've actually kept the legendary fish (although I was very tempted for the extra 11k Legend would have brought) but I suspect catching all iridium fish would require a quality bobber for the more difficult fish that I probably couldn't get a perfect catch. That's definitely one I could try and with decorating my farm some fish tanks from Mr. Qi (or a chest to hold the rest) would be a fun challenge!
Why'd ya catch it then?

But yeah, it's a bit of a tradeoff as to whether you choose the Cork Bobber and go for a perfect catch, or use the Quality Bobber. But given that you caught the Legend so early, I'd assume that you can do it!
I'm planning to switch the Angler perk to the one that removes junk from crab pots for cooking since I didn't save freshwater crab pot fish. I did switch from the +50% sell price to bars to double geodes to complete the museum. I suspect if I switched from Artisan I'd just switch back whenever I wanted to sell wine. The extra wood/hardwood perk instead of Botanist might help a bit in Y2 but I've been buying wood from Robin for a long time and plan to stock up on a lot of wood before the price increase. Is there a particular switch you'd suggest?
I love going with the "fun" professions, so no Artisan, Angler or Trapper for me! I find them kinda boring, because they're just a flat increase in sell price.

Here are my suggestions:

Agriculturist – Fun because it allows more planting options, rather than all the other farming profession options.
Excavator – Geodes are fun! I think it also adds more use to the Geode Crusher, but it depends on your playstyle. Also great fun collecting Omni Geodes for... certain fashion items.
Lumberjack – Surprise! You got free hardwood! Lots of fun, because, once again, it's random and it allows for more options.
Mariner – Trash, even when recycled, reduces the monetary efficiency of Crab Pots, and none of the recycled items are that precious. Plus, it's fun collecting Bait in the Mines!
Acrobat – Sometimes I'll use the special attack, simply because it's fun! But I don't think I could budge on this one, my combat setup is so heavily reliant on club smashes.

And yes, buybuybuy while you still can! You might want to consider investing in Stone as well, so that you can mass-produce Crystalariums.
The clothing one seems really neat! I'd probably have to exclude the work boots (or ones with a similarly low drop chance item) plus the ones from Emily's 14-heart event this time but maybe next run I'll incorporate that into the run to plan ahead. I did consider trying to max rep while saying all the wrong options but the six hearts lost with Penny would make maxing in time very hard, similarly why I've opted to avoid divorcing (but maybe in a future run I'll divorce after 100 days).
Yeah, like I said, a couple of exceptions that you shouldn't really worry about.

I don't particularly enjoy interacting with the villagers, so that would never be a challenge run on my cards! I like to max them and then forget! :D
The magic rock candy one also seems very neat! After enchanting everything I think I only have one or two prismatic shards left so I'd have to restock in Skull Caverns. I think the biggest concern is forgetting to go to the desert on Thursdays. I probably could wrangle a purchase on Day 102 but might give myself leeway to start on Day 109.
Hopefully it is a lucky day for you then!

Because I'm curious, what enchantments did you choose?
I think my inexperience with getting perfection makes me less eager to restrict the crops/money-making this run but that's something I'll look into next time. I'm currently interested in the min-maxing guide for early Skull Caverns to see if I can incorporate that into completing the above 100 days goals while also being able to afford the golden clock/all obelisks.
Ok! Glad at least a couple of my suggestions were helpful!

I honestly can't believe that anyone would be able to make that much money without Skull Cavern. :D

Are you referencing this guide? Also, I have a Skull Cavern guide with more of a focus on mid-game runs (late Summer), maybe you'll find that useful!

Anyways, thanks for replying, looking forward to seeing your response!

CrankyTemplar

Farmhand
Why'd ya catch it then?
I caught Legend as it was necessary to get all fish and all stardrops. My mistake was this was the second time catching it (the first time was without any special tackle and on the third try on another file so I assumed it was easier than what it was rather than I just got lucky). I didn't feel too bad with resetting the day because of being unfamiliar with it but would avoid doing so on subsequent runs (the only other reset was to get a nautilus shell from Demetrius).

I love going with the "fun" professions, so no Artisan, Angler or Trapper for me! I find them kinda boring, because they're just a flat increase in sell price.
I was considering Agriculturist for a bit as I've been having trouble keeping all my kegs going but the greenhouse and Ginger Island farm is almost at the point of having hundreds of starfruit to harvest. I'm also considering trying Shepherd for a while as I'm also considering getting a second deluxe barn and stocking it with pigs to begin the truffle mafia.

Definitely got to get on top of Crystalariums - I only have the ones from the museum and the vault bundle. I've so far got a decent amount of spicy eels, triple shot espresso, and staircases to get a modest amount of iridium while in skull caverns. I also really like the napalm + savage ring combo when I was farming enemies.

Yeah, like I said, a couple of exceptions that you shouldn't really worry about.

I don't particularly enjoy interacting with the villagers, so that would never be a challenge run on my cards! I like to max them and then forget! :D
Hah, while streaming I'd often say something like "I only need to gift so-and-so once more and then the bulletin board will finish them off" probably in a more ominous tone than expected. I think it's where I started trying to say in my best attempt at an Evelyn voice "George, get the gun".

I missed a few birthdays but it really only seems like the Dwarf, Sandy, and Krobus are ones I really have to make sure I remember, other than folks that are difficult to get loved gifts for like Pierre or Alex.

Because I'm curious, what enchantments did you choose?
I got Crusader first try on my galaxy sword. I think the pickaxe got powerful, the axe swift, hoe got archeologist, and the watering can efficient. I didn't try to re-enchant any of them. I did enchant a few times to get the master enchant for my fishing rod.

I honestly can't believe that anyone would be able to make that much money without Skull Cavern. :D

Are you referencing this guide? Also, I have a Skull Cavern guide with more of a focus on mid-game runs (late Summer), maybe you'll find that useful!
I did look through the min-max guides but I'm not as capable at getting hundreds of iridium ore in a day as I'll generally settle for less iridium to pick up single nodes/other ore/kill monsters. I fixed the vault bundle in late Spring but hadn't finished the mines at that time (I mostly wanted to trade the many rubies I had for spicy eel for the speed buff). I started Skull Caverns in early Summer (I think the first real dive was on Jas' birthday which was delayed waiting for her to leave her room) and took the Blacksmith perk for selling iridium bars after getting an iridium pickaxe. I didn't make large sums from this compared to folks much more knowledgeable with getting large amounts of ore but it did fund my Fall setup quite well.

I went the forest farm and upgraded my axe somewhat early so I could chop the hardwood stumps on my farm and the secret woods (once I had a steel axe) so I could get a stables relatively early for the speed boost and to max Foraging by mid/late Summer as iridium sweet peas are amazing for gifting (not to mention iridium coconuts, cactus fruit, and so forth).

I also used Wickedy's video about tea saplings to generate some extra money in mid/late Spring and early Summer but once blueberries started producing and I was kegging hops I didn't really need to make more. My original plan was to plan a modest amount of starfruit with deluxe speed-gro but I ended up not having the gold to get this going in time and ended up with only 20-ish starfruit grown during summer.

Hill Myna

Farmer
I caught Legend as it was necessary to get all fish and all stardrops.
Ah, ok. That makes sense then!
Definitely got to get on top of Crystalariums - I only have the ones from the museum and the vault bundle. I've so far got a decent amount of spicy eels, triple shot espresso, and staircases to get a modest amount of iridium while in skull caverns. I also really like the napalm + savage ring combo when I was farming enemies.
Yes! Crystalariums are great.

I love the Napalm Ring. So. Satisfying.

And I've heard through @FilthyGorilla that the Savage Ring is much more useful on PC (I play on Switch).
I got Crusader first try on my galaxy sword. I think the pickaxe got powerful, the axe swift, hoe got archeologist, and the watering can efficient. I didn't try to re-enchant any of them. I did enchant a few times to get the master enchant for my fishing rod.
Have you ever tried out a club combo? I go with Infinity Gavel +1 Emerald (speed) +2 Rubies (attack up), Crusader, Iridium Band+Burglar's Ring and Napalm Ring+Lucky Ring, and like I said earlier, Acrobat.

Works well for me!

I guess I never really considered enchanting each of my tools once, and just going with what I got. Maybe because I've only ever enchanted anything on my "truly endgame" farm, so my limit was Cinder Shards rather then Prismas. Right now I have 135 Shards, and that's after enchanting two peoples tools... (this was a Splitscreen farm).
I went the forest farm and upgraded my axe somewhat early so I could chop the hardwood stumps on my farm and the secret woods (once I had a steel axe) so I could get a stables relatively early for the speed boost and to max Foraging by mid/late Summer as iridium sweet peas are amazing for gifting (not to mention iridium coconuts, cactus fruit, and so forth).
Honestly, this has to be the biggest reason to choose the Forest Farm for me. I did some math, and it shows just how amazing those extra stumps truly are.
I also used Wickedy's video about tea saplings to generate some extra money in mid/late Spring and early Summer but once blueberries started producing and I was kegging hops I didn't really need to make more. My original plan was to plan a modest amount of starfruit with deluxe speed-gro but I ended up not having the gold to get this going in time and ended up with only 20-ish starfruit grown during summer.
Ah, so you went the heavily into the crop-strat. I've never been able to really try it out, because watering is so much slower on Switch vs. PC.

Cool! Thanks for sharing! :D

CrankyTemplar

Farmhand
Have you ever tried out a club combo? I go with Infinity Gavel +1 Emerald (speed) +2 Rubies (attack up), Crusader, Iridium Band+Burglar's Ring and Napalm Ring+Lucky Ring, and like I said earlier, Acrobat.

Works well for me!

I guess I never really considered enchanting each of my tools once, and just going with what I got. Maybe because I've only ever enchanted anything on my "truly endgame" farm, so my limit was Cinder Shards rather then Prismas. Right now I have 135 Shards, and that's after enchanting two peoples tools... (this was a Splitscreen farm).
I've actually never tried the Galaxy Hammer, mostly due to the price. I may give it a go when I'm really rolling in money but early on I just can't really justify 75K for it. If anything, I'm considering another Galaxy Sword to try for the vampiric enchant as I've never got it and it may help for the hard mode dungeons.

I also had quite a bit of cinder shards early from focusing magma sprites for the adventurer's guild, otherwise I would have held off on enchanting all my tools.

Honestly, this has to be the biggest reason to choose the Forest Farm for me. I did some math, and it shows just how amazing those extra stumps truly are.
Despite the less space for farming which I really feel entering Summer it's incredible for foraging experience. I didn't have much time to really go around chopping trees with everything I was trying to do so I ended up buying lots of wood from Robin and couldn't get enough sprinklers to grow wild seeds.

Ah, so you went the heavily into the crop-strat. I've never been able to really try it out, because watering is so much slower on Switch vs. PC.
I aimed for 250-300 blueberries and 400 cranberries for some easy, steady money although the initial seed costs were pretty hefty. In retrospect, switching more cranberries out for pumpkins and focusing more on kegs would have been a better path. I end with farming level 8 at the end of Spring so I don't max Farming until Summer 18-20, which is probably less ideal as a lot of money doesn't really begin coming in until the first blueberry harvest on Summer 14. As for watering, I aim for the copper watering can between Spring 6-10 as I usually plant potatoes and losing a day of watering will have them ready to sell on Spring 12. I then hope quality sprinklers will cover me after the first strawberry harvest.

That's why you need to lean into getting iridium sprinklers from Krobus as soon as you can.
Wouldn't it be better to focus Skull Caverns for the iridium to make them? Getting into Skull Caverns early summer for my current run got Krobus unlocked by late Summer but in general when I've delayed Skull Caverns I usually don't get access to Krobus until early Fall. I guess it's a bit RNG with geodes but until Fall rolls around I've found it's pretty hard to consistently drop 10K on stuff. Plus I can't live without auto-grabbers for at least the barn.

imnvs

Local Legend
Wouldn't it be better to focus Skull Caverns for the iridium to make them? Getting into Skull Caverns early summer for my current run got Krobus unlocked by late Summer but in general when I've delayed Skull Caverns I usually don't get access to Krobus until early Fall. I guess it's a bit RNG with geodes but until Fall rolls around I've found it's pretty hard to consistently drop 10K on stuff. Plus I can't live without auto-grabbers for at least the barn.
It depends on your focus. If you focus on cash you can easily start getting iridium sprinklers that can enable you to grow more crops which can get you more cash for more iridium sprinklers...

...but yes, it is usually difficult to do that consistently early. Doing it as early as you can, however, can enable you to continue and expand.

Hill Myna

Farmer
My point was more that if you want to plant any significant amount of crops (on Switch), you have to spend almost half your day watering (and planting, and harvesting), whereas on PC you can get the job done in 2-3 IG hours.

This means that you either have to lean very heavily into the crop strat and spend almost all of your time farming, or you go for a more balanced approach (what I like doing) which leaves you time to fish, mine, and forage. This does mean that Farming Level 8 (and therefore Kegs) only comes at mid-summer, and Level 10 comes just before Fall.

It is definitely better to get Iridium Sprinklers from Skull Cavern, though. If you think about it, every 10k you spend at Krobus is another 30-odd explosive Ammo you could have purchased. And that's not even considering the time before the Sewers, where any money you put into your Skull Cavern setup aids in crafting Crystalariums, which helps you with all your supplies, leading to more iridium later down the line.
I've actually never tried the Galaxy Hammer, mostly due to the price. I may give it a go when I'm really rolling in money but early on I just can't really justify 75K for it. If anything, I'm considering another Galaxy Sword to try for the vampiric enchant as I've never got it and it may help for the hard mode dungeons.

I also had quite a bit of cinder shards early from focusing magma sprites for the adventurer's guild, otherwise I would have held off on enchanting all my tools.
Yeah, I think it's probably more of an end-game thing. Maybe you could try it out once you've reach Year 3, because it's really quite good.

Depending on how well you can use the smash ability, it can either range from a very slow, cumbersome weapon to a Serpent-crushing machine.

If you smash correctly, you can one-shot 4 Serpents in one go. Without Brute.
I aimed for 250-300 blueberries and 400 cranberries for some easy, steady money although the initial seed costs were pretty hefty. In retrospect, switching more cranberries out for pumpkins and focusing more on kegs would have been a better path.
How long did it take you to plant all those crops? I reckon it'd take me 1.5-2 days.

How many Oak Trees did you have by the end of Spring? I typically have ~10 fully grown trees, and another 20-30 seeds planted. This sets me up well for Kegs, all through Year 1 I'm crafting more Kegs every 1-2 weeks.

CrankyTemplar

Farmhand
How long did it take you to plant all those crops? I reckon it'd take me 1.5-2 days.

How many Oak Trees did you have by the end of Spring? I typically have ~10 fully grown trees, and another 20-30 seeds planted. This sets me up well for Kegs, all through Year 1 I'm crafting more Kegs every 1-2 weeks.
I was finished with the blueberries by Summer 3, mostly as the I didn't have everything tilled and sprinklers set up in time for Summer 1. I planted all the fall seeds on the first day but barely managed to water and plant everything before diving into bed as I could hear Harvey getting the tranq gun ready.

I forget exactly when I got oak trees set up but I know I set up 20 trees on my farm then 16 at the railroad and then another 16 in the desert. With 260+ kegs at Winter 17 (and I think another 30 resin I need to smelt bars to craft with) I think my keg production is decent enough money-wise as I've had trouble keeping all the kegs going. I definitely could improve it for the next run. I'll have some time off work to hopefully review the run and edit something with it.

I'll definitely give the galaxy hammer a go at some point.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Yeah, savage is def a good one, pretty ncie for speedrunning the mines but if you are more casual it's also a great way to try and get the slammer as a special drop, usually all of the monsters only takes 2-3 days anyway and if you have nothing to do...

I mean, you might as well.

CrankyTemplar

Farmhand
Yeah, savage is def a good one, pretty ncie for speedrunning the mines but if you are more casual it's also a great way to try and get the slammer as a special drop, usually all of the monsters only takes 2-3 days anyway and if you have nothing to do...

I mean, you might as well.
I've usually tried to focus the Burglar ring first as the extra drops are really nice but with some goals it's a bit inconsistent how much time I have as especially early on in the mines I want all the dwarf scrolls before the Dwarf's birthday to max their friendship easily. I usually have one scroll that proves troublesome and spending a day tilling the floors in hopes of it dropping can be quite annoying.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I've usually tried to focus the Burglar ring first as the extra drops are really nice but with some goals it's a bit inconsistent how much time I have as especially early on in the mines I want all the dwarf scrolls before the Dwarf's birthday to max their friendship easily. I usually have one scroll that proves troublesome and spending a day tilling the floors in hopes of it dropping can be quite annoying.
Yeah, burglar is nice as you get coal through it, only usually takes me 2-3ish days after going through the mines to get it though sometimes I delay it until later.
Dwarf scrolls are usually pretty easy for me, this time around on a multiplayer save I think I got all of them by the 20th of spring and the translation guide was my first wallet item.

Here's some options to challenge you:

* Year 1 Community Center Completion. There's a tick box on game creation now that can guarantee you get either a red cabbage or its seed from the Cart Vendor at some point in the first year, making this challenge guaranteed possible instead of RNG dependent.

* 5 Million before Grandfather shows back up. While not too challenging, it does force you to consider how you are making money and long-term investments.

Alternately to the above, you can turn on 25% profits and see how that works. If you don't want to go all the way to 25%, you can start with 50% and work from there.

* A Friendly Guy. Get at least 5 hearts with the entire town by the time grandfather shows up. So you can't just neglect your neighbors. And remember, friendship will decay over time through inaction.

Now, the combination of some or all of these options is where things start getting interesting. Y1CC itself isn't terribly difficult once you understand where everything is coming from and when they become available, however it does require that you set up some things that you might otherwise have neglected. It also requires checking the cart vendor every friday and sunday to make sure that the red cabbage isn't missed, which is a bit of a schedule disruption. 5 million before grandfather shows up isn't too difficult either, I've seen people bragging about doing that in their first year, and seen several brag about 25mY2. However, many of those strategies focus on monocultures, while bundle completion requires variety making it a bit more interesting. Finally, keeping up with your friendship with everyone will be a drain on resources from gifting as well as schedule disruption by going 'oh, I haven't talked to Linus in almost a week, I'd better go chat with him'.

The profit multiplier started off as something to keep multiplayer toned down because otherwise having four people do work simultaneously would result in four times the profits, so they would simply reduce everything by a similar factor. However, it can be an interesting and engaging challenge, because now you're more worried about how you are going to get stuff taken care of. If you really want to have a bit of challenge, try a 25% profits and a 1 million by year 2 challenge, which effectively makes it a 4 million challenge but also makes it more difficult to ramp up.

CrankyTemplar

Farmhand
Yeah, burglar is nice as you get coal through it, only usually takes me 2-3ish days after going through the mines to get it though sometimes I delay it until later.
Dwarf scrolls are usually pretty easy for me, this time around on a multiplayer save I think I got all of them by the 20th of spring and the translation guide was my first wallet item.
Oh nice! This run I got them in late spring but sometimes I've been unlucky and got them done by midsummer. And once you get the guide then you know there's going to be a lot of extra scrolls dropping before you know it.

Here's some options to challenge you:

* Year 1 Community Center Completion. There's a tick box on game creation now that can guarantee you get either a red cabbage or its seed from the Cart Vendor at some point in the first year, making this challenge guaranteed possible instead of RNG dependent.

* 5 Million before Grandfather shows back up. While not too challenging, it does force you to consider how you are making money and long-term investments.

Alternately to the above, you can turn on 25% profits and see how that works. If you don't want to go all the way to 25%, you can start with 50% and work from there.

* A Friendly Guy. Get at least 5 hearts with the entire town by the time grandfather shows up. So you can't just neglect your neighbors. And remember, friendship will decay over time through inaction.

Now, the combination of some or all of these options is where things start getting interesting. Y1CC itself isn't terribly difficult once you understand where everything is coming from and when they become available, however it does require that you set up some things that you might otherwise have neglected. It also requires checking the cart vendor every friday and sunday to make sure that the red cabbage isn't missed, which is a bit of a schedule disruption. 5 million before grandfather shows up isn't too difficult either, I've seen people bragging about doing that in their first year, and seen several brag about 25mY2. However, many of those strategies focus on monocultures, while bundle completion requires variety making it a bit more interesting. Finally, keeping up with your friendship with everyone will be a drain on resources from gifting as well as schedule disruption by going 'oh, I haven't talked to Linus in almost a week, I'd better go chat with him'.

The profit multiplier started off as something to keep multiplayer toned down because otherwise having four people do work simultaneously would result in four times the profits, so they would simply reduce everything by a similar factor. However, it can be an interesting and engaging challenge, because now you're more worried about how you are going to get stuff taken care of. If you really want to have a bit of challenge, try a 25% profits and a 1 million by year 2 challenge, which effectively makes it a 4 million challenge but also makes it more difficult to ramp up.
Hey there and thanks for the suggestions! While lowering profit margins might be an interesting challenge for the next run, I think I'd prefer to keep normal money-making on my first go to perfection.

I have done the CC and Movie Theater along with maxing friendship with everyone but Leo and Kent (since Kent doesn't show until Year 2 and getting to Ginger Island in late summer just doesn't give enough time to max them). I'm currently at 2.9 million gold and hopefully once the greenhouse/Ginger Island farmhouse begin pumping starfruits I should be able to get the gold for everything needed for perfection.