Windows 11

Xristos

Tiller
So, has anyone upgraded to Windows 11? Any folk that have done so, what compatibility issues have you seen? I am specifically looking to see if there are any SDV issues folks have seen.
i have been using windows 11 for a while and havent seen any issues with any game. I dont own stardew on my computer but im 99.9% sure it will work. Even games from 1990 work and windows 11 is very similar to windows 10 so you're ok i guess..

One player a while back reported Stardew wouldn't start, but that was well into the release still being in beta:

Same issue here, they said they had to do a clean wipe, but it was a beta, and clean wipe makes me suspect they were missing some dlls or had some other issues with windows, https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/help-launching-problem.8615/

Even with it being in beta, after that was resolved, the one player said it worked fine. Not sure if that's helpful.

I used Google search to search the forum with exact terms match (since this forum search doesnt seem to allow that via typical quotes for at) and that's all that I found to date using:
Code:
"Windows 11" site:forums.stardewvalley.net
But, I'll do one for the Stardew Reddit sub and see if that turns more results.

Edit to add links:

Report of mouse lag on windows 11 (though could be related to their hardware if bluetooth mouse, or bluetooth driver depending on what bluetooth they have)
Black/white screen at launch on windows 11 (in the comments, the fix worked for some folks, didn’t seem to work for two people with the exact same type of PC on W11, sounded hardware related to me, or quite possibly people are needing to download some updated drivers for their systems from manufacturer under W11)

Unfortunately this Google search only turned up a couple of results, but maybe given a while it might turn up more:
Code:
"windows 11" site:https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewValley/
I'll probably be updating at some point soon.

Last edited:

Odin

Staff member
I'm not sure if Windows 11 supports my PC or not, I'll have to look into at some point.

Chito

Farmhand
I was still using 7 before I switched to a Mac. Quickly realizing i don't like mac OS
I've been using 7 myself all these years without any issues whatsoever. I'm one of those that refuses to get on the upgrade bus as soon as a new one comes along. I'm the same way with my cell.

smellincoffee

Sodbuster
I had Windows 11 on my laptop before its screen broke, but I didn't use it for many games beyond Among Us. Win11 is tolerable but I still prefer Win 10. The interface is worse in 11 imo.

Boyvyew

Newcomer
I'm intrigued by the Windows 11 upgrade too, especially regarding compatibility issues like SDV. Hearing about others' experiences can provide valuable insights for those considering the switch. It's essential to weigh the benefits against any potential hurdles before making the leap.
If you're contemplating the upgrade and want to ensure a seamless transition, exploring options like windows 11 cheap could be beneficial. With affordable keys available, the upgrade process becomes more accessible and less intimidating.
Let's continue sharing our thoughts and experiences with Windows 11 upgrades—it's a journey we're all on together!

Last edited:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
That's great to hear! I plan on purchasing a full on gaming pc soon sadly it's going to have to be window 11 so it's good to hear that everything runs fine
I’ve been using windows 11 over the last 2 years and have noticed 0 issues with stardew. Sometimes the windows 11 file directory can be a bit annoying though. Once you know where everything is then it becomes a lot more familiar.

honeybucket

Greenhorn
I'm used to it now that I've had my laptop for 3 years, but I didn't like it at first. I haven't really liked anything after Windows 7. No issues with SDV, but I've had issues with other games because of the Cloud feature.