who should i befriend next?

i just reached 10 hearts with willy, pam, and linus (my main man), i reached 14 hearts with harvey, and i am befriending krobus, but now i don’t know who to make my next bestie. (no spoilers for heart events)

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
i just reached 10 hearts with willy, pam, and linus (my main man), i reached 14 hearts with harvey, and i am befriending krobus, but now i don’t know who to make my next bestie. (no spoilers for heart events)
You shoud download teh marry anyone mod and marry linus.
It seems too obvious unless you are not on PC/Android.
If not then the wizard as he is Linus' best friend.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Marnie and the Wizard.

It will be an epic battle of opposing shades of life and color, community involvement vs. isolation, caring for someone else's kid vs. eschewing your own illegitimate rugrat, rickety vertical stone tower vs. horizontal wood ranch house, Pink Cake vs. Purple Mushroom, never available when you need her vs. open all hours of the night, Green vs. Purple.

Who. Will. Win?

Boo1972

Farmer
This will come as a shock to some people on these forums coming from me, but I’d suggest Shane. Sure he’s rude, mean and dirty, but his character arc touches a lot of players. He’s considerably nicer as you get to know him. Plus, Shane’s 8-heart event gives you access to something cool- hey, if you know, you know. I swear I heard that somewhere.

FairyRing

Farmer
This will come as a shock to some people on these forums coming from me, but I’d suggest Shane. Sure he’s rude, mean and dirty, but his character arc touches a lot of players. He’s considerably nicer as you get to know him. Plus, Shane’s 8-heart event gives you access to something cool- hey, if you know, you know. I swear I heard that somewhere.
yes aaaand
yes.
George. The old man needs a friend.

hexnessie

Farmer
Clint. That poor puppy needs some self-esteem boosting friends. Also, get your boyfriend Harvey to send Clint to a therapist in Zuzu City.

imnvs

Local Legend
If you want to befriend people for what they can give you? Caroline, Evelyn, Jas, Vincent & Gus.

If you eventually want full hearts with all villagers,for all the cutscenes & recipes, I suggest working in groups based on where to find them. So you can do Marnie, Shane, Jas, Leah and Wizard on traveling cart days. Or the Tuesday exercise ladies on Tuesdays along with Pierre & Lewis. The Friday saloon crowd. The churchgoers and Pierre, Caroline, Abigail. The other consideration is loved gifts- if you have a ton of topaz, go for Clint Emily & Dwarf. If you have pomegranates, give those to Elliot. Peppers- Shane & Lewis. Strawberries- Maru & Demetrius, bring a peach for Robin & void egg for Seb.