Who is the worst npc

secretlondon

Farmhand
I'm going to take this as NPC that needs more work, not NPC who is a baddie.

Morris is a bit two dimensional.
Mr Qi
The governor
Lewis
The dwarf
Krobus

Sounny

Rancher
I dislike Maru and Demetrius, they seem like intecutal snobs. Even at full heart meter, Maru will say snobby things and sometimes tries to pass it off as a joke.
"Some day I'm going to be a world-class inventor. You're lucky to be friends with me! ....just kidding."
Demetrius also acts too busy for you, because he's so busy being brilliant.

imnvs

Local Legend
I dislike Maru and Demetrius, they seem like intecutal snobs. Even at full heart meter, Maru will say snobby things and sometimes tries to pass it off as a joke.
"Some day I'm going to be a world-class inventor. You're lucky to be friends with me! ....just kidding."
Demetrius also acts too busy for you, because he's so busy being brilliant.
Maru isn't being snobby. She's saying something egotistical, not talking down to you, and she's doing it as an act, and you can tell this by the fact she knows it and is kidding. She even says she's kidding before there is any reaction, and you need someone to have a bad reaction to then need to "pass it off as a joke".

As someone who acts like Demetrius, it isn't because I'm too busy being brilliant, my friend, but because my brain doesn't process things like yours does, being autistic. Imho, Demetrius can be nothing but same.

ISSsloth

Farmer
I'd love to see more with Vincent and Jas but they're already great characters. I feel that they are always just with each other or their family. I'd like cutscenes where you see what they do in their free time. I would be so happy if there were to be a heart event where you play dolls with Jas or something.

Sounny

Rancher
Maru isn't being snobby. She's saying something egotistical, not talking down to you, and she's doing it as an act, and you can tell this by the fact she knows it and is kidding. She even says she's kidding before there is any reaction, and you need someone to have a bad reaction to then need to "pass it off as a joke".

As someone who acts like Demetrius, it isn't because I'm too busy being brilliant, my friend, but because my brain doesn't process things like yours does, being autistic. Imho, Demetrius can be nothing but same.
I am autistic as well.

Sounny

Rancher
Okay, so we're both autistic... but still, you don't recognize that in Demetrius? Have you not had the cut scene where he and Robin are arguing and you get asked to mediate?
Because the characters don't have voices it's impossible to know what tone is being used. Demetrius is entire life is Robin,Maru and science. He doesn't seem warm, friendly or intrested in anything but wife, blood related child. He is overly technical, precise and might be autistic himself. He is a bad father to Sebastian. Yes, I saw that heart event. Tomatoes are technically fruits but when somebody wants a fruit they probably want a strawberry or mango or something. Robin should have been more specific, but at his age, he should know people don't want Tomatoes when they ask for fruit even though it's technically a fruit. Bananas are technically berries but when people ask for fruit it wouldn't be unusual to get a banana.
Maru is geeky and I like that, but she still my least favorite .

Maugatta

Tiller
Jas isn't the first person that will receive a gift from me of course,
and then there is Clint, that I really can't appreciate.
:hmph:

quirmzi

Sodbuster
Gameplay-wise, Marnie. Why is she never there? These guys have set schedules and it's not like I'm new to this, yet every time I need hay, she's just gone. I have to literally plan out multiple days to try and feed my livestock. In regards to the in-game story, Moris for obvious reasons, but also Lewis and Pierre. Lewis, because he's been mayor for twenty years and stuff only gets done once the new farmer moves in? What has he been doing the entire time, seducing Marnie? And on that point, Lewis continues to hide their relationship, which I'm just not on board with. Pierre because he takes credit from people. Every time the fair rolls around and I hear Caroline talk about how Pierre's been saving his best produce, I have to wonder how much of it I grew. I like the thought of sharing my crops with the town via his shop though, so I just give him my silver starred ones.
Also Abigail. I have no idea why, it's completely unfounded because she honestly seems really nice and someone I would be friends with irl, but yeah, Abigail.

imnvs

Local Legend
The wizards ex wife, all she ever does is fly around on her broom cursing my farm - What a witch
What are you talking about??? She flies over my farm giving me void eggs. The only way she can "curse" my farm is easily prevented, too.

estewanini

Sodbuster
I don't hate Demetrius, or think he's the worse, but something about his dialogue about "tomatoes are fruit" and subtle threat on Maru's 2nd heart event rubbed me the wrong way. He was a favorite of mine before those events, I guess as a scientist myself I thought it was pretentious of him to take it so seriously. Idk, maybe I was more frustrated at the game for only giving 2 binary options to something I could give several more arguments for/against, at the same time I feel it's a conscious decision made by CA that explains a lot about Demetrius's character and I can appreciate that.

There's no one else I'd really complain about, except maybe for Pierre. I never realize his grange display from the autumn fair were our products, it's like a commissioner saying to an artist "I paid for that art, ergo I made it and it's no longer yours", quite cringe and toxic to creators. His seeds don't grow into gold quality crops just because they're high quality, it's the player's progression as a farmer that did. Though I do appreciate his personal messages when he sends the cash-backs (from a program I never knew I applied for lol).

I don't hate Demetrius, or think he's the worse, but something about his dialogue about "tomatoes are fruit" and subtle threat on Maru's 2nd heart event rubbed me the wrong way. He was a favorite of mine before those events, I guess as a scientist myself I thought it was pretentious of him to take it so seriously. Idk, maybe I was more frustrated at the game for only giving 2 binary options to something I could give several more arguments for/against, at the same time I feel it's a conscious decision made by CA that explains a lot about Demetrius's character and I can appreciate that.

There's no one else I'd really complain about, except maybe for Pierre. I never realize his grange display from the autumn fair were our products, it's like a commissioner saying to an artist "I paid for that art, ergo I made it and it's no longer yours", quite cringe and toxic to creators. His seeds don't grow into gold quality crops just because they're high quality, it's the player's progression as a farmer that did. Though I do appreciate his personal messages when he sends the cash-backs (from a program I never knew I applied for lol).
Tomatos are fruits. He is right

estewanini

Sodbuster
Tomatos are fruits. He is right
By the scientific/botanical definition, yes, I'm not arguing otherwise. I simply think people who pull the tomatoes-are-fruit technicality are pretentious, and even condescending depending on context. Like I said, it's a character thing that I don't like it but I can appreciate it being different.

(Note that even though Demetrius is correct, tomatoes aren't classified as fruit in-game, neither do chilies nor eggplants, why is that?)