Which Bachelor to marry - Shane or Sebastian?

He won’t fully recover this version, but maybe CA will help him one day. If he’s not abusive you are quite a special person to stick it out. I don’t drink a drop. But I do have severe chronic depression and anxiety, and my IRL husband has faithfully stuck through its ups and downs for 19 years and if I know anything I know that I am totally utterly completely eternally loved. It’s the most amazing feeling and he is the most amazing husband ever! 🥰

Now Stardew is fantasy and not reality, but your Stardew husband is sick and not horrible. He’s not abusive, just improperly medicating. He is going to and through counseling, just hasn’t made full recovery. He’s sick. If your strong and don’t have true iRL struggles that already need iRL energy and strength then keep with him. I have on other saves. You will see a few good lines mixed in with the mostly neutral or depressing ones. There are mods that help him have a better outcome, and who knows the next update might help. CA said there would be more dialogue lines somewhere here. Never know. I can’t change dialogue lines in a game, but there’s always much hope for the mentally ill and suffering iRL. Best wishes. 😘
This is such a beautiful post :heart: Thank you for sharing your personal situation. Your husband sounds very supportive, and you sound like a very strong and brave person :heart:

I'm in a similiar situation, I don't drink and I have chronic depression and anxiety and an eternally supportive husband too.

I think this is why I'm not giving up on Shane - even though it's fantasy. He's got a good heart and even though he has his frustrating moments, I like what @paty_intp said - Shane has depth when you get to know him.

nicodeux

Farmer
An update on being married to Shane

I think he is going to relapse :sweat:

Today he asked me what I was going to do for the Fall and he said he is going to incorporate more wine into his diet :(
I'm not sure Shane relapses once married. Yes, his positivism is less prominent than during the last hearts of his bachelor life. Yes, he does drink alcohol here and there and have quotes about it. But Shane cutting down his bad drinking habit, does not mean he will never drink alcohol again. He stopped destroying himself and started gaining confidence in himself and others and that's already a very nice progress.

That's one of the appeal of Stardew Valley's NPCs: they are not black and white and their personality has some depth. This is not because he left is suicidal habits, that he became a happy saint.

Shane has some nice lines once married that indicate the complexity of his mindset and that he still tries to improve (I got this one recently):

IMG_7015.PNG

And also, he tries to be a good father... well... in his own way:

IMG_7023.PNG

@nicodeux I like your perspective on Shane. I agree with you he doesn't have a full-blown relapse, just a few drinks occassionally and says a few things about drinking.

I've noticed some dialogue from him too that indicates he's a lot more settled, grounded and happy.

IMG_8558.png