Which Bachelor to marry - Shane or Sebastian?

In my current farm I was wondering whether to marry Shane like I normally do, or Sebastian for something new.

Shane is easy to give gifts to since you can grow a lot of his favourite hot peppers in summer but he's a bit grumpy. But Sebastian seems to be a bit more interesting and nicer.

Which one do you think is better and why?

Farming

Sodbuster
In my current farm I was wondering whether to marry Shane like I normally do, or Sebastian for something new.

Shane is easy to give gifts to since you can grow a lot of his favourite hot peppers in summer but he's a bit grumpy. But Sebastian seems to be a bit more interesting and nicer.

Which one do you think is better and why?
the "I can fix him" mentality does not work on shane

Go for sebastian

nicodeux

Farmer
Looks like Sebastian is the winner. Thank you everyone :smile:
I married both Shane and Sebastian. Both are interesting in their own way, though one may regret that Shane's dialog lines once he's married do not reflect his psychological progress as a bachelor. Also, Shane's room is a shame: cans, dirty footprints... This one of my main drawbacks with him.

Sebastian keeps true with his personality once married and his 14 hearts event is probably one of the nicest, IMHO.
So, you should give him a try if you have already married Shane.

I married both Shane and Sebastian. Both are interesting in their own way, though one may regret that Shane's dialog lines once he's married do not reflect his psychological progress as a bachelor. Also, Shane's room is a shame: cans, dirty footprints... This one of my main drawbacks with him.

Sebastian keeps true with his personality once married and his 14 hearts event is probably one of the nicest, IMHO.
So, you should give him a try if you have already married Shane.
Thank you. I found Shane's room disappointing too. I've only ever had mods on to change Shane's dialogue after marriage to be better so I haven't experienced it without mods.

Lol this may sound strange but if I marry Sebastian I feel sorry for Shane that he misses out :grin: I'm still a little undecided but leaning more towards Sebastian right now.

Last edited:

ArtifactSpot

Shane isn’t a bad person, just sick, and still heavily in recovery mode. It takes a LOT of time. He needs more counseling before he is good husband/father material. He does relapse significantly once married and I don’t want the stay at home parent to be in a relapse state caring for my kids while I’m out and about working to support the family.

I’ve never married Sebastian (he could be my own IRL kid 😬 ) but he seems like he’s definitely the better choice here.

As a sales pitch I ALWAYS choose Harvey. He is older and if you’re younger I could see that being no sale point. But he is the sweetest, most loving, selfless and devoted husband and father of the available bachelors. He reminds me a lot of my irl husband, who is truly the best husband in the world! ☺

imnvs

Local Legend
I think Haley's 14-heart scene is actually the one that redeems any character the most. It reveals her to be much deeper than the shallow mean-girl that we all think she is at first glance.
He does relapse significantly once married and I don’t want the stay at home parent to be in a relapse state caring for my kids while I’m out and about working to support the family.
I disagree that he relapses. He could be drinking soda.

DragonGwen

Farmer
I think Haley's 14-heart scene is actually the one that redeems any character the most. It reveals her to be much deeper than the shallow mean-girl that we all think she is at first glance.

I disagree that he relapses. He could be drinking soda.
He has some quotes that are...... Sus, he's definitely drinking beer

It's been so helpful reading everyone's Shane vs. Seb posts.

So I decided to marry Shane again.

I considered Seb for ages but as @ArtifactSpot mentioned he's a lot younger (and could be my IRL kid too 😬 ).

@ArtifactSpot You almost had me sold on Harvey though 😀 but then Shane went and had a heart event that mentioned how grateful he is for sticking with him through his rough patches and I thought well I can't abandon him now!

So far in marriage he hasn't relapsed and has just been drinking soda and has been quite pleasant, so fingers crossed his good behaviour continues.

DragonGwen

Farmer
It's been so helpful reading everyone's Shane vs. Seb posts.

So I decided to marry Shane again.

I considered Seb for ages but as @ArtifactSpot mentioned he's a lot younger (and could be my IRL kid too 😬 ).

@ArtifactSpot You almost had me sold on Harvey though 😀 but then Shane went and had a heart event that mentioned how grateful he is for sticking with him through his rough patches and I thought well I can't abandon him now!

So far in marriage he hasn't relapsed and has just been drinking soda and has been quite pleasant, so fingers crossed his good behaviour continues.
WELL THE WHY DID YOU POST THIS STINKING THREAD?!?!!?! I'm not actually offended but you def need to try Sebastian

WELL THE WHY DID YOU POST THIS STINKING THREAD?!?!!?! I'm not actually offended but you def need to try Sebastian
Lol :grin:

I started the thread because I really couldn't decide about Seb and kept giving him Frozen Tears and Sashimi so I could date him. I was so torn.

I'm just feeling a bit weird about marrying someone who is 24 and I'm 44. I believe Shane is around 33 but I could be wrong. I know it's not real life but damn I take this game so seriously :grin:

But in the end the Shane heart event was a little heart wrenching and I couldn't abandon him.

You've def sold me on Seb for a future save file if I can get past the age gap thingy!

StardewSwiftie

Farmhand
Lol :grin:

I started the thread because I really couldn't decide about Seb and kept giving him Frozen Tears and Sashimi so I could date him. I was so torn.

I'm just feeling a bit weird about marrying someone who is 24 and I'm 44. I believe Shane is around 33 but I could be wrong. I know it's not real life but damn I take this game so seriously :grin:

But in the end the Shane heart event was a little heart wrenching and I couldn't abandon him.

You've def sold me on Seb for a future save file if I can get past the age gap thingy!
IRL I’m 14 so no marriage candidates fit in my preferred age range, but I just have to overlook it I guess.

IRL I’m 14 so no marriage candidates fit in my preferred age range, but I just have to overlook it I guess.
I don't think any of the ages are confirmed anywhere, but could be wrong, but yeah you can definitely overlook that.

There's a few things that happen in the game where I think "well I'll just pretend I didn't see that" or know about that :grin: and just keep playing.

StardewSwiftie

Farmhand
I don't think any of the ages are confirmed anywhere, but could be wrong, but yeah you can definitely overlook that.

There's a few things that happen in the game where I think "well I'll just pretend I didn't see that" or know about that :grin: and just keep playing.
I don’t think that any of the ages have been confirmed. But, I also don’t think that any of them are 14-16.:laugh:

Also, there have been times for me too where I just try to forget about things that happened.