What is the saddest thing in stardew valley (excluding real events; save not saving, etc.)

RennyBenny

Sodbuster

Ereo

Helper
I forgot to say that I play on switch, soooo it didn’t work :sweat: But thanks for telling me!
If you put a staircase in the pants slot (like changing clothes from your inventory), it should turn into the wearable purple pants. Some, but not all interactions are also possible with this copy. Besides that, you can't do all possible things in the same save with the original pants because you lose them during some interactions.

RennyBenny

Sodbuster
If you put a staircase in the pants slot (like changing clothes from your inventory), it should turn into the wearable purple pants. Some, but not all interactions are also possible with this copy. Besides that, you can't do all possible things in the same save with the original pants because you lose them during some interactions.
Thank you! I’ll try it out!

Aripro

Sodbuster
I just had a cut scene with Alex that broke my heart (I'm positive I've never seen it before). There is so much of that sadness in the background of SDV. Makes me think that Eric had experienced some of that or knows someone who did.
eric videos on his channel before stardew valley show that HE DID experience some wierd feelings
so he decided to dont even think to real world and he wanted to get lost in another world
a world that people are not mean or hateful for a mistake you make at least sometimes
so eric started
he made the base game
but there wasn't enough magic
he upgraded the game
added music
character
events
cutscenes
and...
AFTER 10 YEARS THAT HE PUT INTO THE GAME
the game brings us joy by one time purchase no extra cost of update
Nothing else
but more joy
so only with 15 bucks
you can enjoy infinitly
but... the story above thats what i think
pls CA like this if that what you think:heart::game:

Aripro

Sodbuster
but i think the moonlight dance of jelly fish is the saddest thing
the music
the space
and character feelings when you talk to them
and you cant see it untill next year summer
(idk why but the untill next year summer reminded me of gravity falls:cry::water:)

ArtifactSpot

Lots of things. But for me it’s dislike or hatred for the outcasts. Like Linus getting his tent pelted with rocks and spray painted with graffiti. Joja employees being so hated by Pierre even though Sam and Shane work there. Shane loosing his job and no one helping him find one in town so he reverts back to even more time at the saloon saying he feels even worse unemployed than working in the horrible conditions at joja. Somehow work was provided for Sam though. Everyone seems to hate Demetrius too for some reason. All the families have multiple sad or traumatic events that are ongoing. Haley and Emily being abandoned as soon as they turned 18 (maybe not even that old for Haley) so the parents could galavant indefinitely around the world.

Then the Junimos being committed to slavery if you buy their huts at the wizards tower even though they were supposed to have been freed and allowed to return back to their spiritual home. Poor Leo being Mr Qi’s prisoner until you rescue him (like the dude knowing everything didn’t know poor Leo’s fate all those months/years.). And poor Birdie being so saddened by the loss of her husband at sea that she becomes basically a hermit staying by his ships remains for the rest of her life.

I could go on and on. SDV reminds me so much of the older Disney movies. Someone always died (often a mother) or abused/abandoned or neglected. Or under some lifelong curse or spell until rescued by a hero usually a prince.

DragonGwen

Farmer
Lots of things. But for me it’s dislike or hatred for the outcasts. Like Linus getting his tent pelted with rocks and spray painted with graffiti. Joja employees being so hated by Pierre even though Sam and Shane work there. Shane loosing his job and no one helping him find one in town so he reverts back to even more time at the saloon saying he feels even worse unemployed than working in the horrible conditions at joja. Somehow work was provided for Sam though. Everyone seems to hate Demetrius too for some reason. All the families have multiple sad or traumatic events that are ongoing. Haley and Emily being abandoned as soon as they turned 18 (maybe not even that old for Haley) so the parents could galavant indefinitely around the world.

Then the Junimos being committed to slavery if you buy their huts at the wizards tower even though they were supposed to have been freed and allowed to return back to their spiritual home. Poor Leo being Mr Qi’s prisoner until you rescue him (like the dude knowing everything didn’t know poor Leo’s fate all those months/years.). And poor Birdie being so saddened by the loss of her husband at sea that she becomes basically a hermit staying by his ships remains for the rest of her life.

I could go on and on. SDV reminds me so much of the older Disney movies. Someone always died (often a mother) or abused/abandoned or neglected. Or under some lifelong curse or spell until rescued by a hero usually a prince.
I don't hate Demetrius. He's Gwen father in law.

Lew Zealand

Helper
That I can't have Caroline as a life partner. Well, officially. It's now common knowledge that we are a thing and not just because her hair matches my outfit. That is merely a cheerful happenstance borne from the machinations of The Fates who decreed that Pierre of the Excessive Markup of my Best Produce is no longer fit to accompany sweet Caroline along this river of life, and a notably more seaworthy boat has arrived.

Sure, yah, I'll date her daughter to make things look "normal" and why not Mr. 5 o'clock shadow, too. Might as well toss in beachFabio and The Robot Whisperer so nobody feels left out but it's always Caroline I'm thinking of while "accidentally" pinching that cow's butt, ending up with a certain someone covered in horse manure. Hey I did it for the Instagram pics and they were great!

But why, you ask?

"I've had too much nog!"

Hoooohh, that slays me every time.

ArtifactSpot

I want to adopt Leo. GIVE ME ANOTHER CHILD
Yeah that would be cool! Or pooor Jas. She deserves better than Marnie and Shane for parental figures. They are always telling her to come home early from enjoying outdoor play only to leave her all alone for the saloon. 🫤

Id love to have more than 2 kids. Hopefully larger families will be an option for the future with our spouses.

There's so much sadness in Pelican Town it's almost unfair to say with certainty, "[this] is the saddest," but I think it's super sad that you can't foster a friendship with Marlon, Gil, Gunther, or Professor Snail; cave divers and bone collectors need companionship too! And speaking of Marlon, isn't it sad that Marnie could have that stud but chooses to continue seeing Lewis in secrecy because he's soOoOooO concerned about professional appearances? Marlon thinks you're pretty, Marnie, he says it every year at the Flower Dance, how often does ol' Lewis show genuine affection? AND they would have a cute couple nickname: MarMar is a heck of a lot better than Lewnie, but one would certainly have to be "lewnie" to entertain an affair with a mayor who commissions a solid gold statue of himself while verbally lamenting the decaying community center. She frustrates me because her schedule drives me mad, but she can definitely do better.

I also wish you could befriend Birdie, but I respect her choice to live in solitude by the sea 'til she's reunited with her love in the afterlife because I'd honestly do the same. This may have been mentioned somewhere on the forums before, but do any of you think Birdie's husband could be the Old Mariner who you buy the Mermaid Pendant from at the tidepools? It's so tragically adorable he uses his ghostly powers to stoke romance in the valley if that's the case.