What is the saddest thing in stardew valley (excluding real events; save not saving, etc.)

DragonGwen

Farmer
Yeah that would be cool! Or pooor Jas. She deserves better than Marnie and Shane for parental figures. They are always telling her to come home early from enjoying outdoor play only to leave her all alone for the saloon. 🫤

Id love to have more than 2 kids. Hopefully larger families will be an option for the future with our spouses.
5 kids. AND LET ME PERSONALIZE THEM! I WANT MY KIDS TO NOT LOOK LIKE THEY'RE ADOPTED

Penny's dream after two kids that one turns into a dove and flies away. Leaves me wondering if she wasn't an only child.
Ooh, that would be super sad if so, and I could see Pam doing it too. Maybe that's even part of why she drinks so much, she didn't think it would actually work and now has to live with that.

Sebastian has a weird dream he tells you about after you have kids as well, where he says he dreamt about one of your kids wearing a shadow shaman costume and sitting on a pumpkin. I know the popular opinion is that Abigail is the wizard's child in town and I agree the most evidence points to her, but every time I see that dialogue, it makes me wonder if it might actually be Sebastian. Maybe that's why we don't know anything about his dad...

To me, Birdie, Leo, and Alex have the saddest stories. I think the witch being cast as evil is pretty sad too though. I might go a little unhinged and start cursing the odd chicken coop or slime hutch if I found out my husband had a kid with some random from town while we were married too!

DragonGwen

Farmer
I know the popular opinion is that Abigail is the wizard's child in town and I agree the most evidence points to her, but every time I see that dialogue, it makes me wonder if it might actually be Sebastian. Maybe that's why we don't know anything about his dad...
That would be awesome but there is plenty of evidence that says other wise :(

I think it's a defensible hypothesis. Sebastian's disposition is more akin to Rasmodius' while Abby craves company. And given what's in his basement, who can say what Rasmodius' natural hair color is?
That's a great point about the hair color I'd never considered before! Personally, I like to think Jas is the wizard's child. Her parents are both dead so she lives with auntie Marnie near the Wizard Tower, Rasmodius reveals his ex-wife went into a jealous rage upon learning of his affair (Caroline is still alive, as is Robin--Sebastian even confirms that he knew his biological father and that he was abusive; Rasmodius doesn't strike me as a violent guy), and she definitely built the dark shrine of selfishness for a reason, perhaps as an ultimatum with Rasmodius, like, "I'll forgive you if you turn her into a dove," which he obviously didn't do. But when you consider the hair color thing, maybe Emily is the wizard's child; she's quite spiritual and her parents are gone, assumingly never to return.

It's fun to think about and I wonder if Concerned Ape will ever confirm any of the theories!

ArtifactSpot

With all the purposeful dialogue towards it if you reach 10 hearts with Pierre, Caroline, The Wizard and notice various likes, hangouts, etc of Abigail it is almost certainly her. I wish Stardew had happier endings for people and families sometimes. I realize CA was trying to make the townspeople more realistic it’s just not as easy to escape real life that way. But it’s a rural life simulator not a fairytale . 😏

Clint not being able to find confidence in himself and being able to ask Emily out is pretty sad. I know he complains a lot though and most players don't like him. He needs to get out more.

ArtifactSpot

Clint not being able to find confidence in himself and being able to ask Emily out is pretty sad. I know he complains a lot though and most players don't like him. He needs to get out more.
I wish he were marriagable. He deserves some love. He’s not much older than say Harvey, Shane, Elliot, Emily or Leah.

Maher

Sodbuster
Maybe in the next update Clint will be one of the bachelors or finally ask Emily out? :)
This already happens.
There's a heart event where you can threaten never to upgrade your tools again if he doesn't ask Emily out. He does, and she agrees. I think it's to see a play in Zuzu city, but I don't remember.

ArtifactSpot

Someone throwing rocks at Linus's tent, I thought was sad.
Yes this definitely and he gets his tent spray painted as well. Someone in the village isn’t as sweet as they may seem. If I ever figure out who….

HaleyRocks

Sodbuster
You cannot eat meat and are forced into a vegetarian diet - Saddest thing ever, in my books

Clothes aren't easily discernible, which ones are for male or for female, only one or two have indicators

Rainbow Shards rarity

Excessive grinding to collect everything

Time flies by very quickly, making dungeoneering similar to a speed-run challenge