What is the backstory and personality of your farmer?

LGim851

Cowpoke
My favorite farmer is named Lia. She grew up visiting her grandfather every sunday at church, so when he died, it hit her hard. She broke up with her boyfriend Max and resigned from her job at a plant nursery to work at JoJa. When she moved to pelican town, she immediately developed a crush on Sebastian, because he shared her outlook on life and was the only one who actually liked her deep purple hair. She became friends with Leah and Maru too, and Jas would always follow her around like a puppy. To be honest, she liked the people more then she liked the farm. The reason she fixed the community center wasn’t for the repairs around the farm, it was so Vincent and Jas had a place to play other then the town square, so Sebastian and his friends had a place to hang out besides the bushes in front of Emily and Haley’s house. two years later, she married Sebastian, and had two children named Tara and Jacob. She was, to put it simply, happy.

sorry for the long read haha

Simply not a good person at SV. I have sinned too much. I need to repent to Yoba... 🙏🙏 😓😓 :yoba: Everyone needs a Yoba.
Her name is Paula. She is ambitious and motivated by her self-interest. She is extremely selfish and snobby. Her house interior is really dark, with many black knight armors, golden braziers, and minibar. Paula is happy to live at the Stardew Valley because she could stay away from the corporation and toxic work environment. She decided to follow her grandpa's legacy to honor him and become financially secure. She does not want to follow Joja's path because of her bad previous experience working at Joja. Instead, she chose the community center's path.

She only cares about collecting money, rare items, and make good quality artisan foods. Paula is not interested in making friends but wants to use people to get their recipes and free presents in the mail.
But deep down, she is generous and empathetical, and she would donate large amounts of money or rare items to the community and give away prismatic shards as gifts in Winter Star. ((If she has one prismatic shard left, she would be happy to give away anyway.)) Despise she is cold most of the time, she would listen, give hugs, and support to all of the NPC at Stardew Valley who is facing a difficult time.

Her ultimate goal:
Her number one priority is to be 100 % perfect and follow her grandfather's legacy. She wants to be as extraordinary as Mr. QI. The question is will she be happy?

Last edited:

KfThePastyre

Greenhorn
Her mission:
My farmer's alias is Mrs. Mary Boyle (her codename is Velvet Thunder). She is a spy working for the Gotoro government, stationed in Pelican Town because of the valley's vast quantities of valuable materials. Her goal is to drive the Joja corporation out of town so that they stop probing the land for resources. She also will venture further out into the valley to survey how easy it would be to invade and exploit its riches. Basically, she's seeing how viable a naval invasion would be and if it's worth it.

Her cover:

She claims that she inherited the farm from her late grandfather (the will was likely fabricated or stolen). Her aim is to prepare the town gradually for a Gotoro invasion by gaining their trust and subliminally making them disloyal to the republic. She is stationed in Stardew Valley for five years until the Gotoro Empire finally makes its major naval advance on the republic. She mainly farms chicken and cattle since she had prior farming experience with livestock. When the Gotoro Empire succeeds in its invasion, she will quickly flee back to her homeland and vanish without a trace.
Her true personality type is unknown, she pretends to be an extroverted harmless, unsuspecting old woman.

n3ko_h4ckr

Tiller
my farmer's name is midori. She is at her late-twenties, and moved to granpa's farm to escape her depressive office job. She never liked the city, and couldn't trust the peopleshe met, as everyone always either expected something from her and wanted to use her.
When she moves to the valley, she is taken aback by how genuine everyone there is, and how everyone tries to enjoy the moment they live in. She meets penny, and they talk about literature and poetry together, their common interest. They bond quickly, and midori feels loved for the first time in her life.
After that she works her very best to make everyone's lives easier and better at the valley, as well as farming in the morning and sharing a cup of tea with her wife as they read a book together, with their cute little cat resting next to them in the evenings.

LaptopCoffee

Greenhorn
My farmer is Lex, and he loves all his animals & making food and drinks for the town with his produce machines (kegs, preserves bins, etc).

He's only halfway through Winter 1, but thinks he's getting a hang of this farming thing. Not a fan of fishing, but making progress on his other skills.

Keeping too busy to make lots of friends. A couple villagers are warming up to him though, and he has his eyes on dating Elliott in the next year.

*This is only my second save file. The first got to 6th of Summer year 1 before I wandered off

Lapisdragon

Greenhorn
My Farmer was a history nerd and map enthusiast named Lapis, who moved to Stardew Valley for who the **** cares! He immediately hit off with Haley for some reason, and he has good relations with Abigail and Linus. He's a gardener, Fisher, and errand boy for the town, so this culminates in a weird schedule that doesn't make any sense but he's happy about anyways. Lapis is a very content man, never wanting to build those huge industrial (in the "large and automated" sense) farms he hears about, just wanting to talk people and to try and enjoy life for it's simpler pleasures. Lapis gets into things he's interested really hard, though he usually gets interested in weird things, like the history of Bohemia or Thorium. He also talks like Elliot and doesn't hate JoJa, he just doesn't have need to walk across town to buy things from them. He gets most of the things he needs from Pierre's, though after Morris rubbed it in Pierre's face when he took away Pierre's customer, he has had a bit of a grudge against him.

Isa730

Rancher
Honestly, I really just imagine my farmer as myself in the future. I'm almost 20 and I'm in college right now as a game design major, so there's plenty of potential ahead (I hope)...but what if things don't go as planned? Say there's no place for me in the industry and I wind up with some monotonous desk job. Fortunately, my grandpa's healthy and isn't some sociopath that places his bed in the center of the room, but maybe I'd get bored, and with nothing to lose, I could move far away from the city.

This might be silly, but imagining things turning out that way and making myself the "farmer" provides me with a sliver of hope that no matter what happens, I could be happy one day. :)

And maybe someday I can also make 22 million dollars.

SiameezyRPGer

Sodbuster
I just use my own name on all my farms and haven't created any kind of backstory before. But recently with starting my beach farm and deciding to do a Joja path, I figure maybe my character can be a parallel universe me who's more self-absorbed and only there to enjoy a chill life on her private beach and is all for Joja making things more convenient. I didn't decide on this until after I started, so now I'm trying to befriend the wizard to change her name to the shortened version and give her maybe a fancier hairstyle.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
My farmer is just obsessed with money and money only and his only quest is to become the richest farmer which he will then use the funds for... ahem?.... he'll use them for what.... really?.... Uh, well, through recent information he will be using the money to buy obscene amounts of a useless item which he won't ever even use...

(He's not the most generous)

Ilune

Planter
My actual farmer is Honey, with the hilltop farm "Millefiori" (thousand flowers).
She loves honey (oh, yeah?), and flowers and nice things. She hated the city because there aren't flowers and bees and birds, but she had to work at joja to repay studet loan.
When the last gil of her student loan was payed, she flee away in the country (her parents hoped she become a hight rank employ in joja but, nope!) and start to live in the wonderfull nature of Stardew Valley.
She has made A LOT of honeybee comb, and she loves the smell of fairy rose honey from ginger island and the mead from the wild flower honey.
Honey has got few animals, she love them but doesn't want a lot of them (one for each type is enought - but she expeciallhy love Saura, her dino) because they require ma lot of care.
At the moment is married with Sam, and spend her days caring the exotic orchard near grandpa's shrine (some mango and banana trees), crafting new honeybee comb and sometimes digging in the skull cavern searching for prismatic shards because they are cute and she want a chest full of them! Sometimes she take an entire day just to redecorate the sheds where she made wive or meads, or the home or the farm.

ash3169

Greenhorn
(I apologize for the long post, but I got carried away with writing my character story. Hope you enjoy it!)

Backstory and events leading up to the current character

My farmer is Ash. She grew up in the suburbs, you know typical family and typical life. The only thing that was not typical was her visits to grandpa's beach farm. She spent her summers there. It was her favorite time of the year, and she always looked forward to the summer. Being on grandpa's farm was pure paradise to Ash. While she and her grandpa spent days working on the farm, Ash always took time to take in the scenery. She also met other townspeople and got to know them over time. Ash always liked Ms. Pam, and it would not be until Ash was a little older than she realized why Pam was always so jolly, especially at night. Grandpa told Ash stories of the mysterious wizard who lived on the edge of town, the gentleman who liked to live off the grid by the mountains. One story Grandpa told Ash was about the mines and how dangerous they were. She wanted to explore them, but her grandpa always forbade Ash to do so. Ash would always be sad at the end of summers, but always held it's memories close to her heart.

One summer, when Ash was a teenager, Grandpa fell ill. Her parents discussed with Ash privately that grandpa was going to pass away from cancer. Ash was devastated. She loved her Grandpa dearly, and couldn't imagine life without him. He passed away sometime later, and Ash did not return to the beach farm. Her parents did not tell her anything regarding the state of the beach farm and who would look after it. Ash eventually graduated from high school and went off to college. She thought of the beach farm a little less these days. Ash graduated college and landed a high-paying job in the city. Life was looking up, but Ash felt something was always missing. While visiting with her parents one day, they informed Ash they had something important to tell her. They told Ash after Grandpa passed away, the farm was left to Ash's mother. Over the years, they visited less and less, and eventually, the farm was in disarray. In Grandpa's will, he left the farm to Ash after she turned eighteen. Her mother felt over the years Ash was focusing more on college and working and felt the farm life would not be suitable for Ash.

After hearing this, Ash was upset to hear that this news was kept from her. She became upset with her parents and stormed out of the house. A week later, Ash and her parents apologized to one another. In the past week, Ash had a lot to think about. While she was seeing a gentleman, she felt they were not getting serious. She started to think about the farm and how much she missed it. It was then she made her mind up. Ash decides to return to the farm she knows and loved, but that means leaving everything behind. Ash packed a few things and went back to the place that brought her so much happiness. Sadly, she and her guy friend broke things off, as he was not happy to hear that Ash was leaving the city.

Upon returning to the farm. she noticed the farm was in dire need of repair. Ash looked around the farm and let out a sigh. There was much work to be done to bring the farm back to its former glory. She did not know where to start. One morning, she got a visit from one of the townspeople and Mayor Lewis. He formally welcomed her into town. In the next few days, Ash met the Animal Keeper Marnie, Robin, who constructs the town's buildings, and got reacquainted with Ms. Pam. Ms. Pam said since the bus service was out, she was unable to work and make her living helping out around town. Ash also met some of the other townspeople. Some were friendly, and some were cautious of her.

Over time, Ash realized she started loving the sweet peas and noticed them around the beach farm. Eventually, she was able to get a barn and coop to house farm animals. Marnie seemed excited to know the animals were being cared for. Ash also adopted a cute tabby cat named Kannelo. People eventually warmed up to Ash, and Pierre the shop owner would beam at the sight of Ash when she went into his store. He let her in on Joja Mart trying to put him out of business and that help was needed to repair the community center. Ash tirelessly worked on her farm and in the community center. She also went into the mines to gather things and found weapons were useful when battling creatures.

While she worked a lot, Ash did have time to enjoy the scenery and spend time with the townspeople for events. While at one of them, she noticed a long-haired gentleman with strong features. Ash always was a little shy with the opposite sex, but she decided to talk to this gentleman. She was smitten from the moment he smiled at her. He introduced himself as Elliott. He is an aspiring writer and decided to come to Stardew Valley to gain some inspiration for his writing. Eventually, Ash would see Elliott more and more at events. Their conversations were always a delight, even if brief. Her focus was the farm, which was looking better over time.

Sometime later, Ash managed to get the carts and bus service restored. Ms. Pam was elated, as she was able to drive again. She took Ash to the Calico Desert on their first trip. Calico Desert was a warm and tropical place, different than Stardew Valley. They'd go to Calico Desert once a week to pick up things that were not available in Stardew Valley. Ash and Ms. Pam became closer over time, like mother and daughter. Pam spent her nights at the Stardrop Saloon, having a drink or two. Ash confided in Ms. Pam about her liking for Elliott. One night, Ms. Pam insisted Ash go with her to the Stardrop Saloon. Elliott happened to be there. A few drinks later, she and Elliott were deep in conversation. The two learned more about each other. Ash could spot Ms. Pam at the end of the bar, giving her the thumbs up. Elliot admitted to Ash that he enjoyed spending time with her and invited Ash to view a reading of a novel he is finishing up. It was for the next day at the library. Ash was working on the farm as usual, then remembered the visit to the library. Ash hurried there and made it just in time. Elliott began to read from his book. sh became enamored at what he was speaking. She now knew his imagination and how vivid it was. After the reading, Ash and Elliot spoke. He thanked her for being able to attend his reading and how happy he was to see her.

Months passed and they grew closer. Ash took time out of her day to visit Elliott at his beach house and learned more about his past and his plans for his writing aspirations, and he'd learn more about Ash's life. It was then she knew she was really liking him. One morning, Ash went to the beach house to see Elliott. He was standing at the pier, smiling at her. On side of the pier, was a boat that could fit two people. He told her that he finally fixed his boat and wanted to take her for a ride. When they drifted from the pier, he looked deep into her eyes. He told her his feeling for her arose in such a way that he wanted more than friendship. Ash was elated to hear that he wanted to be with her, and eventually, build a life with her. In Stardew Valley, there is a tradition that if one wanted to marry someone, they'd visit an older mariner on a rainy day to obtain an enchanted amulet. When Ash felt the time was right, she went to the mariner. He frowned and told her while he felt she was ready, the amulet he possessed is now in the hands of another. Ash gasped and ran off.

When Ash neared Elliot's cabin, she fell on the beach and twisted her ankle. She felt the pain rising within her. Ash tried standing but it was a struggle. She looked up and found Elliott scooping her up into his arms. He placed her on his bed, and he turned away. Moments later, he knelt before her on the bed. He gave her the smile that she loved. He took her hand to his, then professed that he could not live another day without her. He presented her with the amulet but also opened a box to slip a ring on her left ring finger. They kissed, and Elliott assured her they would make the wedding plans simple. In one week, Ash and Elliott were married. The townspeople all attended, along with Ash's parents. This day was the happiest day of their lives. Eliott moved to Ash's beach farm. With the most recent house upgrade, there was more than enough room for the two of them and even for a little one to arrive one day.

While Ash still works on the farm, she and Elliott spend their time together having a cup of coffee or cuddling by the fire. He recently finished his book and did a book tour. Ash received a call from Elliott every day and even letters in the mail.

About Ash

Ash loves the warm sunny days, the feel of the breeze upon her, hot coffee, cuddling with her cat Kanello, (and her husband too!), and spending time with her friends Ms. Pam, Leah, Abigail, Robin, visiting with the townspeople. While she has soft features and long brown hair, Ash also can also endure the hard work on the farm.