What is the backstory and personality of your farmer?

I want to know what is your headcanon. For example my farmer Lilan is an anti joja rebel. She hates them and she will do anything to stop them. She drew graffiti, organized Demonstrations, and did anything she could to stop them. One day she decided to free other workers and she got caught but she sacrificed herself for them. That's why she worked there. Lilan made friends with two workers: Luckas and Amber. Lilan's family loved joja so she had to cut the contact with them. Lilan is rude, brave, kind, she want to protect her friends. She loves adventures. She also hates food that wasn't cooked by her.

Last edited:

Lew Zealand

Helper
Farmer Bobbi was a grizzled veteran of the Zuzu City Chickens Rocket League club and after hundreds of crashes, 2 detached retinas, and no appreciable advancement in skill level and thus hazard pay, she left that rat race with at least a few bones in their as-delivered configurations. But the desk job pushing papers clearly wasn't working out as creaky knees are never a good match with cubicle life.

She stowed her joke skeleton which kept new workers out of the next JojaCube, loaded up her suitcase and moved to Beverly Stardew Valley. Swimmin' pools Sewer monsters. Movie Stars Gridball wannabes. Y'all will never leave now, ya hear!

Bananapaws

Sodbuster
My current farmer is Deacon. He's very outgoing and kind of a flirt: he gives gifts to everyone but he's got his eye on Shane. He has a dream of someday having his own vineyard and selling high quality wine. He also is unashamed of the fact that he likes money and wants to be filthy rich. To this effect, he throws everything into the shipping box. Weeds, garbage, he does not care. I like to think that Mayor Lewis silently cusses him out every time he goes to collect the shipment and sees that once again Farmer Deacon has used it as a trash can.

My current farmer is Nuvya. She’s an outgoing romantic who loves her husband Shane, and is saving up money for the nursery so she can have kids! She is kind of wishing she went the Joja route, since the CC is *incredibly* difficult for her. Nuvya doesn’t really like finishing but occasionally takes the mine carts up to the mountains and fishes in the lake. She’s friends with almost everyone, and is working on befriending the strange creatures that occupy the sewers and the mines!

Gavvv24

Tiller
My current farmer is Sanni. She‘s a lesbian who is currently married to Emily. She is currently saving up to remodel her entire farm. Sanni is usually seen fishing or hanging out with friends at the saloon. She can be a little rough sometimes but she is very nice to everyone. She takes care of all sorts of animals she finds. She was in the army but after getting her arm blown off by a tank shell, she had to leave, as she lost her arm.

Last edited:
My current farmer is Sanni. She‘s a lesbian who is currently married to Emily. She is currently saving up to remodel her entire farm. Sanni is usually seen fishing or hanging out with friends at the saloon. She can be a little rough sometimes but she is very nice to everyone. She takes care of all sorts of animals she finds. She was in the army but after getting her arm blown off by a tank shell, she had to leave, as she lost her arm.
That's a bitter sweet story. I like it. It is nice everyone has a different idea.

ISSsloth

Farmer
Dana Pinefeild was originally going to become an engineer, but wasn't able to get another job after working at Joja as a temporary thing. So after xx years of trying to help the Joja truck drivers fix their trucks (No insurance company is willing to insure anything with Joja on it because of their low standards) without even being able to go out and see the problem, (As her boss said, "Physical activity is good for morale, and therefore bad for efficiency. Now get back to the cubicle, Pinefeild!") she decided she had had enough, and moved to grandpa's old farm with nothing but her final paycheck, her father's support, and faint memories of the famous Stardew Valley fair. Now she likes adventuring, fishing, and socializing with everyone except for Alex. When she first popped down into the sewers to see what could be down there, she was fascinated by the seemingly peaceful shadow person who was like no one she had ever met in the confines of the Joja Employee Housing Units. (Please let me adopt with Krobus)

Fat Link

Cowpoke
Dan is modelled off of my real life best friend and little buddy Dan as I tend to make him into a videogame character almost everytime whenever a game allows or demands you to create your own player character protagonist which he knows all about and finds to be highly amusing.

Little buddy is a quirky humorous, good natured little fellow so he’s a perfect fit as yet another addition to Stardew Valley albeit his being unofficial non canon.

Since we both have a sick/dark sense of humor I’ve naturally created two different saves of him with one being the baby face (pro wrestler terminology) for good guy that you cheer who I used to side with Pierre and complete the community center Junimo bundles and who is a proud, kind and good loving and loyal husband, a steward of the community and all around family man and an alternate heel (pro wrestling terminology) for bad guy that you boo who gleefully sides with Joja Mart and Morris who only cares about money and breaking the hearts of all the marriageable female villagers because he can heh, heh, heh.

bonjibean

Tiller
I have a farmer whose a little unconventional I guess?? He's my most recent, and absolutely the one I'm most attached to.

His name is Paris, and hes a down-on-his-luck former magical boy. (Think Sailor Moon, Card Captor Sakura, Madoka Magica)

He aged out of his guardian of the world status, and ended up as a temp at Joja, and had the worst three years of his life at that company.

At his wits end, he fled to Pelican Town, with an "Anywhere is better than here" Mentality.

Personality-wise he is sweet and cheerful, with a friendly and outgoing disposition. He can't help but try to fix problems, and hates conflict.

He likes Magic Rock Candy, Chasing frogs, Coffee, and, Making his own clothes.
He dislikes Crowds, Soda, and, hot weather.

His farms primarily source of income are berries! (Strawberries in spring, Blueberries in the summer, and Cranberries in the fall. I'm working on ancient fruit in the greenhouse though lol)

He just proposed to Sebastian, and is good friends with Emily, Penny, Alex, Abigail, and Sam!

Other trivia about him: He's an anxious smoker, struggles a little bit with finding a place for himself, Loves fighting monsters in the mines.

Quillmagic

Farmer
Faylin was a Joja worker and part-time artist who loves anything related to nature, fantasy, and cute things. Joja was a dead-end job and being an artist didn't get her that much money. Until one day, she opens the letter and flees to Stardew Valley with no hesitations.

She loves creepy-cute things (like moi) so she loves her void chicken very much. She also may or may not have an extreme attachment to bunnies and names them all after (made-up) Solarion chronicles characters.

As for her character traits, I basically made her me, so socially awkward, but optimistic and friendly with a dash of nerdy.

She's married to Sebastian, has a cat named Misty (and AFTER I made that account, I got a cat that looks just like Misty!!) a horse named Hazelnut, and two frogs (unnamed for now)

starbrite

Sodbuster
Is it weird I roleplay as myself in a way in this game? 😂 So my farmer is based on me, what I would do in situations and if I lived in SDV, what type of guy I would go for, etc.

My farmer loves animals and has two coops and barns, three dogs and two cats to show for it. She has a focus on artisian items (cheeses, truffle oils, blueberry jams) to bring in most of her profits but does spend quite a bit of time fishing because it is relaxing and an easy way to make money once she became good at it.

She likes to have things neat, orderly and organized, so the house is neatly decorated with seasonal items (flowers for spring, wreaths for Christmas, etc) and the farm plot is seperated out into "animal land", "crop plots" and an area she's cleaning up to become a restful spot near the pond to the south of the farm.

It was hard to pick between Sebastian and Sam at first, but she eventually married Sam for his fun, energetic attitude, a contrast to her more-serious personality. Sometimes he slacks off on the farm, but he does help on days she really needs it and he always has a pizza waiting for her after a long day. She's best friends with Sebastian and becoming friends with Harvey. Elliot is someone she loves chatting to since they share similar hobbies (writing and getting inspiration from the places they visit/people in their lives).

Salty1

Planter
Most of my farmers are just loose projections of me, but some do develop and evolve into their own sort of character.

My original farmer is Salty of the Funny Farm, which started out innocently enough as your standard novice farm, grew into a general little-of-everything farm, and has ultimately turned into a massive slime ranch with multiple hutches and a single dinosaur coop, garish decorations all over, and trophy giant pumpkins. Salty originally crushed on Caroline, then pretty much immediately pivoted to courting Abigail in some warped sense of revenge - which ultimately turned out pretty well for him (the giant pumpkins are only there for Abby, that's how dedicated he is!). He also befriended the Wizard very early on and learning more about the potential relationships between all these characters put him in a bit of an awkward spot, but one he's not interested in changing or worming his way out of now. It's all weirdness down at the Funny Farm, and I feel like that's only fitting.

My favourite farmer might be Sab, though. I wanted to make an orchard farm on the forest map, and set myself with the restriction of not being able to buy any seeds - the only thing I could buy from Pierre is fruit tree saplings, since there's no real way to get them for my orchard otherwise and she otherwise thumped her nose at all merchants otherwise and only drops product in the shipping bin. She was originally intended to romance Elliott in my head, but the course of play changed my perspective for a few reasons. First, since I couldn't buy seeds I found myself going for the mixed seeds by hitting as many weeds as possible in the mines. As a consequence, this was the first farmer where I got really good at combat with. She left all my previous farmers in the dust, and combat was her first level 10 skill (something which has yet to recur with any of my other farmers). She's also the only farmer I really enjoy using hammers with. As a result, my mental image of her went from being a gangly fruit loving gal to a beastly queen that most would suspect to be on steroids. Now, at the same time as this, Elliott was never around when I was out looking for him, but Alex would be around and get chats along the way. Eventually, Alex supersedes Elliott in hearts even without as much gifting, then Alex's eight-heart event comes around and I go "eh, why not?" Now, they are the most muscular couple in the valley and Alex pipedreams of a day when he can watch his daughter (that's right, not his son!) be a gridball champ. Excellent plot twist.

Calanthe runs a fish pond arrangement on a riverside farm, and all other available spaces are dedicated to producing tea and honey. My head canon is that her grandma was a mermaid and part of her calling to the valley was to get closer to the sea again. Always wears beach clothes and I like to imagine she sings for all her fish (which makes rainy days great, since I can imagine they are singing back). Part of me would like to redo this farm over again on the beach farm map, but riverside still has a certain charm to it (and I ended up making my beach farm a duck farm, which I haven't done yet, so that's been a nice compromise).

Aztecthewolf

Greenhorn
My farmers Aztec, as you can see from my pfp, he was some furry farmer wolf who got the sads from working at Joja and moved to the valley, making an unnecessarily large cropfield, a shed full of kegs, some furnaces with charcoal kilns, a deluxe coop and barn with various animals stuffed into it, a Grove which he's still working on, a big adorable horse named Griever, and a house that's been upgraded a few times.

He also has a massive crush on Shane, as do i, and is scared of the shadow people from the lava floors in the mines.

Dr. eeL

Farmer
My farmer is essentially an extension of myself, intensely curious, but one who progresses slowly due to a refusal to look at wiki. In version 1.4, I married Haley primarily because she was pretty. I abandoned this game when 1.5 came out and married her sister Emily. Apart from a few mannerisms, no two sisters could be more unlike.

Vlad the Vampire is native to the Gotoro Empire, where he lived quite happily as the ongoing war meant he had a large quantity of relatively easy prey, and his victims would not be missed, as they could be presumed to be casualties. However, a smart and capable Sargent of the Gotoro Army suspected something was up, and had troops actively patrolling specifically looking for someone matching Vlad's description. Revealing the existence of Vampires would itself be punishable by death among his own kind, so between that and some level of fear of harm from the searching soldiers, Vlad decided to move out of the country altogether.

Sneaking into the Ferngill Republic, Vlad had to adjust to surviving off of human food and learn to hide the most obvious of his undead mannerisms. He found an addled old man and assumed the role of his son. Taking his spot working for the Joja corporation, he was able to survive for a while, but despite their heavy disinterest in their employees, over time he felt suspicion surrounding him grow. Once a sufficient amount of time had passed since the the old man had "passed on", he headed out to the farm left to him in Stardew Valley. He figured he can use his unnatural charm to make everyone fall in love with him, and if he can just resist temptation, there's no limit to how long he can successfully pass for human.

All he has to do is forget the taste....

1626998046210.png

Flav

Farmhand
My favorite farmer is Hardy. He is very shy, looks rude on the outside but is a very nice person inside. His favorite thing is to fight monsters. Supporting Joja while she was living in the city, but when she moved to the city she realized what a bad company it was. He loves Haley very much and wants to marry her, but is afraid to tell him. He has a dog named Rocky When Hardy lived a bad life in the city, he moved to the town and realized how good life is, and now he's saving up to build luxury coops.

A Junimo

Planter
In my first ever save (the one I often write stories about), I play as the farm owner, named Meribeth.
In my fanfics, which are usually told from her eldest son's perspective, Meribeth is a kind, understanding mother to two kids; devoted wife to her longtime love, Alex; and hardworking rancher/farmer, who is very wise in the ways of the field. But there's a lot more to her than that....!
In the timeline of my fanfics--which, ideally, span around 5 or 6 books--big trouble arises when greedy Joja, in addition to wanting the Community Center for themselves, pushes to purchase Meribeth's farm from her and the valley! *insert dramatic gasp here*. When everything she loves is suddenly in danger, Meribeth takes action as a fierce, passionate woman who is determined to fend off Joja, once and for all.
While she helps her children gather materials for Bundles to save the Community Center, Meribeth also battles with the endless lawsuits and paperwork Joja fires at her, all while juggling newfound marriage problems with Alex, as a result of their stress.
....So, yeah: Meribeth is a protective and compassionate, yet strong, farmer. Oh--and she likes art and cooking <3

...Sorry for the long, dramatic read xD

ECAB

Farmhand
My Farmer is Eric (A̶̶p̶̶e̶). He is the one who never speaks a single word but is very nice, cold, and kind of... "boring", maybe. He doesn't hate or dislike anyone or anything except Joja (but not Morris); he loves everyone, but mostly Penny (his future wife). His favorite thing is Stardew Valley; he is neutral with Yoba (believes in them but doesn't trust them). His backstory is: "One day, I'm very tired from working with Joja and remember the letter from my Grandpa about the Barone Farm, and then I realize that my co-worker is a fricking dead body! Then I got fired. Wow, what a lovely job! So I take the bus and go to Stardew Valley to honor Grandpa. Love you, Gramp, Mom, and Dad."

Last edited: