1.6 Update What happened in your game today?

Maher

Farmer
I also came across so many strange things—Kent standing in the river, Emily somehow stuck inside the counter, and Lewis getting caught in a fence… I’ve seen so many mysterious things lately!
Tell me you're on mobile without saying you're on mobile.

The thing that usually triggers it for me is returning to a saved game. And then there are the emergency saves. Buy a mermaid pendant, end the task. Reload from the emergency save - you have the pendant, but Ancient Mariner will sell it to you again.
 

Rahnee

Planter
Anlei just polished off the monsters for the Monster Slayer Hero (magma sprites). For once I decided to give the napalm ring a try, so I swapped it with the burglar ring that I had combined with the crabshell ring and visited the mines on a dangers of the deep quest.

HOLY SMOKES! Why did I never try this thing before??? I ❤ it! So much more stone, ores, more/easier ladders, lots of shell-less rock crabs (which are normally super annoying but once they lose their shell they actually look rather pitiful don't they?) ... gadzooks what's not to love 😍.
 

KarinL

Farmer
Winter started quietly. Krobus and Linus both had a birthday. All my animals that can eat golden crackers have now been given one.
I visited the desert to buy more starfruit seeds. I also made more kegs for Ginger Island.
Caroline had her birthday on Sunday.

I decided to totally ignore the ice fishing competition. I went to Ginger Island to see whether Mr Qi had something interesting to offer. Just a Hungry Challenge and the Junimo Cart one - I am really bad at both arcade games and don't really enjoy them, but maybe in the future I will make it a quest for myself...

I picked up one of Demetrius' fishing quests and spend the morning doing that. My first chest contained some challenge bait - only three pieces, but I managed to catch 9 fish with them. Did the same with the wild bait in one of the other fishing chests, catching 6 more - which completed the quest in less than three hours.

I remembered Sebastian's birthday on Wednesday. Spend most of my time doing boring farm stuff. Skipped Squid Fest. Brought Harvey a birthday gift.
 

POLT3RGEIST

Sodbuster
Managed to buy Golden Clock!!!! Very happy! It's been my 5th divorce :p , got every single farmhouse expansion and built the final warp totem. Planted a banana sapling for the frog (Gourmand?) and got Leo to max hearts in the process. I also finished laying down paths and decor for my farm.

Ended up skipping through winter entirely because I hate it and the greenhouse really isnt my problem, then awakening from hibernation to feed my poor animals and collect all the stuff that had accumulated over the winter in the auto-collectors and putting them all in the shed, selling everything else I'd harvested and collected over fall. I ended making around 650,000G. Not too bad but I could have made it better.

Brought Abigail (who does not remember the events of our decade-pushing-long marriage) some amethyst, and brought her pyramid-scheme loving father some rotting vegetable. I don't care if i never achieve perfection because of the hearts thing, I am never giving a decent gift to that man.

the end :grin: :thumbsup: :shorts:
 

POLT3RGEIST

Sodbuster
Anlei just polished off the monsters for the Monster Slayer Hero (magma sprites). For once I decided to give the napalm ring a try, so I swapped it with the burglar ring that I had combined with the crabshell ring and visited the mines on a dangers of the deep quest.

HOLY SMOKES! Why did I never try this thing before??? I ❤ it! So much more stone, ores, more/easier ladders, lots of shell-less rock crabs (which are normally super annoying but once they lose their shell they actually look rather pitiful don't they?) ... gadzooks what's not to love 😍.
the word "gadzooks" must be used more often

Saturday Robin started on the stable. I continued tidying up the rest of the farm.

On Sunday I went to the desert to trade for bombs and staircases, and to buy new starfruit seeds. I planted some on Ginger Island, and accidentally sold most of the beets I had there, that were meant to be turned into sugar. Also, I had thought I brought some staircases with me to deconstruct, but I think I accidentally threw them back into the chest when I was throwing cactus fruit in there. I'm getting too used to that arrow button...

Still, my starfruit wine was ready (now waiting to be aged once I have space in the basement), and so was the ancient fruit wine, which I mostly sold. I'm getting close to the 2 million gold I need for my Return Sceptre.

The next Monday was Gus' birthday. I almost missed it, because the statue gave me a diamond, and it gives those on ordinary days, too. I spent the day just running up and down on the farm, doing nothing special. The Qi quest weren't interesting enough. There was an extended family request, but I just didn't feel like fishing. Not while I have barely any wood or stone in my chests.
im getting super lazy atp i just buy stone and wood from robin

I'm approaching the end of year 2 in my Stardew Valley Expanded playthrough, but wonder how much I'm missing. I've seen some extra cutscenes, I know, but am struggling to get Olive and a few others up. Finally got 5 hearts with Sophia but I haven't found out why she's so skittish and sad. Max hearts with Andy, though. Have found that Olive does NOT like beer despite hanging out at the saloon. Nice to see Haley and Alex show up there to play games sometimes now.

Grandpa Verdict wise: I feel pretty good. I have the full coop and barn, my skills are maxed out, lots of money, and I have upgraded the house. I have a LOT of hearts with villagers, including max hearts for girlfriend Abigail, Pierre, and a few other of the bachelors. Planning on dancing with Sophia at the Flower dance in year 3 to see if Abigail reacts. I ignored the community center the first year to focus on the new content, but now I'm only 1 potato, 1 piece of candy, and a few fish away from completion. Considering how many potatoes I grow, it's ludicrous that I never remembered to turn one in. I know I'll get 3 candles, not sure about 4.
oh god sdv expanded
istg ill never be brave enough for that. too many thing my already overstimulated autistic ahh would prob freak out by the first day
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Terdin

Farmer
Played 3 days. Remembered that I had the last day of the Extended Family quest to do. Then a lot of the machinery teamed up on me on the week's big harvest day. A bunch of the machinery, like the crystalariums and tappers, had to wait a day. I'd hoped to be able to clear the quarry, but haven't had the time for that in a couple of weeks.
 

Maher

Farmer
The spirits were annoyed. Luck would not be on my side. What the heck, what I was hoping for wasn't tied to luck, mostly. So I went to SC despite Welwick's warning, despite not getting anything useful from the dwarf statue.

Welwick wasn't wrong. The floors surrendered staircases slowly, but down around level 10 or so, it happened - I was surrounded by moss and fern and the heavy humid air was filled with the stench of Dinosaur guano. I equipped the ice rod, and after freezing and killing only three dinosaurs I had the egg. Some luck there, anyway. So I took it home and tossed it in an incubator.

Welwick was right - the few Dinos on the floor weren't going to help much with the monster slayer goal, but I got what I needed, which is more than she manages at the casino.
 

Rahnee

Planter
Went to the volcano on a very lucky day to try to get that laaaaaast walnut (which the parrot said is in a crate). Dang, but the day *was* crazy lucky! I ended up getting through all 10 floors, got 65 cinder shards, got 8 dragon teeth (8 in one fell swoop!!!!! My previous record for dragon teeth in a single run was 3 😜), and a lot of various other ores.

Oh, and the walnut.
 

Maher

Farmer
Buddy had a pretty good volcano run and then he went home, bought a second galaxy sword, skinned it with Meowmere, and enchanted it to bug killer. The first is enchanted to Crusader. I might skin that one with a Templar sword.
 
Top