1.6 Update What happened in your game today?

MogBeoulve

Farmer
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I just realized that I don't remember what names I used for most of the 84 rabbits, and I don't want to repeat any names, and I need to buy twelve more, so I'm going to need to go around and pet every rabbit twice to write down all of their names!!!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

DragonGwen

Farmer
This was like a day or two ago but i beat the volcana in 8 hours and 20 minutes in game, plus Gwen got a really short haircut after 14 years of having it long

Lew Zealand

Helper
This was like a day or two ago but i beat the volcana in 8 hours and 20 minutes in game, plus Gwen got a really short haircut after 14 years of having it long
When you posted that earlier I somehow read that as your cousin got her hair cut after 14 years? Reading comprehension FTW 🙄. Anyhow enjoy the easy care and new look! I've been growing my hair out since 2022 for the first time in a while and it's well into the annoying stage and I'm tempted to just chopp it short again…

DragonGwen

Farmer
When you posted that earlier I somehow read that as your cousin got her hair cut after 14 years? Reading comprehension FTW 🙄. Anyhow enjoy the easy care and new look! I've been growing my hair out since 2022 for the first time in a while and it's well into the annoying stage and I'm tempted to just chopp it short again…
My hair is the same. Gwen got her hair cut (Gwen is not my IRL name) sorry if I was misunderstood

Maher

Farmer
whut? 🤨

Next you're gonna tell me you got the Return Sceptre before any Farmhouse upgrades.
Well, the house is fully upgraded and no Return Sceptre yet, so, um, that horse has run.

I've got Robin building me a horse now. One of those mahogany sculpture deals that she will need to imbue with the breath of life by becoming an avatar of Yoba. It really freaks Demetrius out, so that's why, as Seb notes, this is a one horse town.

Benhimself

Rancher
Decide to treat myself to a Stable, head off to Robin's. Get there, realize I forgot my hardwood, walk back to the farm, get hardwood. Walk back to Robin's. Go to buy the Stable, learn that it also costs Iron Bars which I had completely forgotten about, walk back to my farm, get the Iron Bars, head back to Robin's. Robin then says "Hey, did you have a nice walk?" THIS WOMAN.

MogBeoulve

Farmer
Decide to treat myself to a Stable, head off to Robin's. Get there, realize I forgot my hardwood, walk back to the farm, get hardwood. Walk back to Robin's. Go to buy the Stable, learn that it also costs Iron Bars which I had completely forgotten about, walk back to my farm, get the Iron Bars, head back to Robin's. Robin then says "Hey, did you have a nice walk?" THIS WOMAN.
At least next time you'll be riding your happy little horse ...

This is why I've started prioritizing the phone. So I can call Robin up before heading out to make sure I don't have to trek all the way back because I forgot one thing. Which is kind of weird because I'm paying her in advance and she has to be on my farm to build it anyway, can't she just get it from me in the morning before she starts?

Last edited:

MogBeoulve

Farmer
It makes me wish we had a designated "crate to put materials for Robin's use" on our farm - it makes no sense for us to lug it all up to her house, only for her to carry it all back the very next day. And those of us who're lazy could just stuff it full of everything and not worry about it.

I'm beginning to think that my attempt at a year 1 community center completion is a bust. Despite turning on the remixed bundles, I still got the chef's bundle (that means a truffle) and it's Summer 13 now and the money is not quite coming in fast enough to get everything I need for that.

EDIT: On the bright side, I just got Epona. I'm that much closer to re-imagining Zelda in SV format.

Wilderness Farm As Of Summer 19 Year 1.jpg

Last edited:
Since I am unable to recreate/capture these moments with Abby on my main save, either at all or easily, I got them on my Zelda run instead.

I am also ever so slightly starting to regret getting the fruit bat cave. Sure, the extra fruits are nice for gifting and getting certain slots in some bundles, but most of that's what the greenhouse is for, and I didn't know until after getting it that the bats have almost 50% odds of dropping nothing at all, and get worse than that if even 1 space is taken inside. And since I got the Brewer's Bundle instead of the Artisan Bundle, I feel even sillier now.

The red eyes in the walls are a cool aesthetic though.

20240124093753_1.jpg
20240124103528_1.jpg
20240124085940_1.jpg

This one's a Lucky Save!
- 2 Prismatic Shards in fall year 1 from a slime and a cave fly, a third one in year 2 from an Omnigeode
- within just a couple of visits to the Skull Cavern in year 2 got 3 times a Prehistoric Floor with a host of dinos, which means 3 Dino Eggs at once
- more than 20 Iridium Bars in summer year 2
- 2 meteors
- the witch has also visited long ago
- Special Order "Prismatic Jelly": started from level 5, got to level 6 - and there it was! within less than half an in-game hour!
- Special Order "Ectoplasm": second Ghost handed it over to me freely
- Put Midnight Squids into the fish pond - wanted to go and catch an Octopus, but didn't get any Squid Ink yet (admittedly, the Squid Kids are niggards this time) - casually passed the fish ponds and - bang! - there was a Squid Ink smiling at me!
Never had so much luck in one save! 😯