1.6 Update What happened in your game today?

Benhimself

Rancher
I've noticed I always wait way too long before I start sprinklering up, so I decided to pass time waiting for 1.6 by starting a challenge run for myself wherein I'm not allowed to hand water any crops. Planted a bunch of parsnips in hopes of a rainy spring, cleared the hilltop quarry and have already started working on a pile of copper bars, and fishing for a early bank account so I can afford an actual sprinkler if one shows up in the traveling cart. It did amuse me to be able to finish a "collect 35 copper" quest before the mines even opened, though.

Finished spring year 1 with a golden pickaxe, copper axe, a 24-slot backpack, mines level 95 AND more than 12k for summer seeds tomorrow - and all that without any minmax guide. HA! :laugh: But it did help to learn: invest as much cash in seeds, but don't sell the crops until you reach farming lvl 5 (tiller). Go fishing and mining every other day and don't care about the townspeople. Except Marny, she's already got 2 diamonds so she'll let me into her bedroom when the time for lucky shorts comes ...

Benhimself

Rancher
My "No Watering Can" run lucked out big time with an early quality sprinkler available from the traveling cart, but I realized I'm still going to need more farming XP if I want to build a sprinkler empire myself. So I built a very early (for me) Coop for precious chicken petting XP, except construction was delayed a day due to the flower festival.... so it ended on a monday. It's amazing how Marnie manages to dodge every single time I need to buy something from her.

(I also found not one, but two dinosaur eggs while fishing, so looks like I'll be upgrading that coop sooner than originally planned. Just as well since I have the brewer's bundle so I'll need a LOT of farming XP to get a year one greenhouse.)

halfway through the Night Market and I am just a little gold away from finishing the Joja community development path and thus putting the file to sleep until 1.6 adds the new Joja content, b/c I do not think I have the heart to go that route again.

I also have a new goal in my original file, finding a fresh immunity band ring. I think I found one early in my run, but took it for granted and got rid of it long before I learned how it works. My current ring load out is Iridium + Glow and Napalm + Slime. I'm looking to trade the Glow ring portion for the immunity band. it is now one of my biggest regrets. I've got a stack of ginger in my junimo chest languishing since I don't actually do much combat and mostly go for Qi's depth challenges.

Going to be a lot of blind luck runs in the basic mines for a while I guess, seeing as there may not be a better place to get the band.

Winter 18 year 1; It's done.

My Joja community development run is officially complete until 1.6 expands on it.

Now I think I'll mix it up between finally getting an immunity band ring on my first file, and maybe doing yet another fresh run. Can't decide between another beach farm, the hill top farm, or the wilderness farm. I think I'll also see if I can go for a 1-year community center run and/or apply remixed bundles. Getting enough gold cauliflower sounds like the biggest hurdle unless I'm forgetting something.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, I'm planning a wilderness run. And I intend to name it Hyrule Farm, and my farmer Link. I could use some help from any potential Zelda fans with picking the PC design.

20240114212035_1.jpg

Got a Prismatic Shard on Day 10 of Fall, Year 1, from a slime in the Secret Woods. Yippieh! Now the rabbits and the pigs and with them the CC have to wait until I scramble up another 25k to get access to the desert.

MogBeoulve

Farmer
Now that I think of it, I'm planning a wilderness run. And I intend to name it Hyrule Farm, and my farmer Link. I could use some help from any potential Zelda fans with picking the PC design.
You'll need an ancient sword to make Link's tunic. You can probably use the gnome's cap, though it will take a while to get (craft all items). Does Link wear little green booties? Might have to hope for leprechaun shoes to drop from the train.

I don't know Zelda all that well; I've seen chickens and I know there is cow milk. I can't remember what other animals the games have. Maybe sheep?

Got a Prismatic Shard on Day 10 of Fall, Year 1, from a slime in the Secret Woods. Yippieh! Now the rabbits and the pigs and with them the CC have to wait until I scramble up another 25k to get access to the desert.
AND A SECOND ONE from one of these cave flies - the same real life day, only 7 in-game days later!!! Gunther was rapt away. He said if CA would allow him, he would marry me. 😍

I tried reloading my oldest save (year 4 where I have a ridiculous amount of money) and just couldn't get back into it. For some reason I much prefer the early game where I'm carving a working farm out of nowhere. Once I have big fields, seedmakers, and strawberries/blueberries/cranberries the edge just disappears. There's always the Skull Caverns, of course. Meantime I've been playing the Mountaintop map for the first time and am in the spring of year 2. I made myself do a Joja run this time, meaning I got the greenhouse very early, in the start of fall of year 1.

MogBeoulve

Farmer
Same here! That's why I have so many saves in my account, the longest being 8 years.
Early game can sure be a lot more fun, though I'll miss the horde of rabbits. I'm thinking of trying a new save on the wilderness farm, since I just finished yet another deluxe coop and need to pause while I think of names. Maybe I'll try fishing more this time around.

Benhimself

Rancher
Celebrated Alex's birthday with Salmon Dinner from the Saloon to jump up to 10 hearts, 5k in the bank, stormy weather.... but Robin won't be finished with my first house upgrade until tomorrow. Next time, you spooky old man, next time!

Finally got my Big Barn and Big Coop. Trying to make more money with the cheese press and mayo machines so I can upgrade my house.

Also working hard to complete the Community Centre before
Grandpa comes back for his farm evaluation - I REALLY want the Statue of Perfection as soon as possible