1.6 Update What happened in your game today?

Lava eels and their basalt! Once I was having so much trouble finding some that I took all the fish out, reset the pond, moved it, and put the fish back hoping to get a different request. Now I save basalt before I get lava eels.
Did resetting the pond before the move work? Because I know moving it alone doesn't.
I usually just have one lava eel pond so there's a possibility I won't need basalt (I most often get the dwarf scroll one) and if I do, it's not three ponds staring at me with their big quest exclamation point for that long. 😄

Last edited:
So, I've wrapped up Year 4. The winter proved useful. Not only did I alter the farm's layout in a way to make it less stressful and more productive (the former being most important), but I was able to build a shed and then begin putting it to work. I've filled my cellar with casks, and the shed is halfway filled with kegs. I just keep forgetting to buy more ore from Clint. Right now my puzzle is why I don't have access to Clint's ore-breaking device, when I do in another save that I haven't played nearly as much of. Right now I'm a third of the way into spring and am enjoying the improved layout: I no longer have animals constantly underfoot. I do not think much of the dehydrator: it takes five fruits to produce anything, whereas the kegs and preserves jars only need one. Maybe it's a special-use thing: grapes appear to be more useful as raisins...
Just realized I never showed my redesigned farm! Peacefield was my first SDV save, on a Riverside farm, and there was no planning whatsoever early on. I put down stuff where I had room, and the bottom islands were largely overgrown. By year 4 I was tired of the mess: I constantly had to plant grass on little Cow Island, and on my main section the coop critters were constantly underfoot.

Before: (Autumn Year 4)

As you can see, all kinds of mess. The cows are too cramped, the chickens and such are in the way, the shed and silo are in ridiculous places and trees take up two of my islands.

Afterwards (Spring Year 5)

The organization gives the cows more room, consolidates them with the coop, moves the silo to a sane location, got the chickens out of my way, and somehow led to more farming space in general. I also added a shed, which is full of preserves and forging stations, and planted a bunch of trees in the greenhouse.

MogBeoulve

Farmer
Did resetting the pond before the move work? Because I know moving it alone doesn't.
I usually just have one lava eel pond so there's a possibility I won't need basalt (I most often get the dwarf scroll one) and if I do, it's not three ponds staring at me with their big quest exclamation point for that long. 😄
I didn't check before moving it. I don't know a lot about the fancy stuff that BlaDe gets up to, I just knew that he has used location to control the requested item. I think it also depends on the day, so perhaps the reset alone would have done it because the quest would have popped up on a different day. I figured that if I threw all possible changes at it, I had a good chance to get something different.

stardew_luv

Planter
Just realized I never showed my redesigned farm! Peacefield was my first SDV save, on a Riverside farm, and there was no planning whatsoever early on. I put down stuff where I had room, and the bottom islands were largely overgrown. By year 4 I was tired of the mess: I constantly had to plant grass on little Cow Island, and on my main section the coop critters were constantly underfoot.

Before: (Autumn Year 4)

As you can see, all kinds of mess. The cows are too cramped, the chickens and such are in the way, the shed and silo are in ridiculous places and trees take up two of my islands.

Afterwards (Spring Year 5)

The organization gives the cows more room, consolidates them with the coop, moves the silo to a sane location, got the chickens out of my way, and somehow led to more farming space in general. I also added a shed, which is full of preserves and forging stations, and planted a bunch of trees in the greenhouse.
It doesn’t look like a mess to me! You’ve made great and aesthetically pleasing farm out of an absolutely mess of a disorganized initial farm type. (Sorry CA I never have figured out the thought process when you designed this one, the beach farm, also built around water was awesome!)

Maher

Planter
Trixie has swept the creepy little Qi homunculi from the midst of her land, clearing 530 shipped for the season. 3 are being made into Qi fruit jelly or pickled little Qi heads or whatever comes out when you put those things in a preserves jar.

Here is Trixie, having just purified her land of the excessive Qi-ness of it all:
IMG_1910.png

stardew_luv

Planter
Found the last Skill Book. Wasn't specifically looking for it though I knew I was missing one, I just didn't know it was there. I just saw a mention of the location elsewhere and wanted to investigate and... Book!

High Luck Day and v1.6 buff which helps meant it was Skull Cavern dive time. When you have that endgame statue with the kind of ridiculous Prizzy shards it makes Skull Cavern a little less special but still fun nonetheless. Lucky Lunch and Espresso means loads of Treasure Rooms and I got a second Auto-Petter so now the Coop's covered, too!

I'm running a test to see what the animals' dispositions will be with leaving the doors open all month and with an Auto-Petter in each. The ultimate in low-maintenance animal husbandry.

However the Skull Cavern run didn't end in the most dignified manner as I apparently lost all my Health at 2:00am, seems I left it in my other skirt. Anyhow, per my usual I was magically transported to Harvey's Low-Energy Emporium and given a talking to about guarding my health after which I immediately passed out.

Again.

Country doctors ain't what they used to be.

Luckily Dr. Mustache was nice enough to bill me the next day for those extra services, and admonished me for allowing a "random someone" winkwink to drag me in after collapsing. I guess he thought my head trauma erased his first lecture but I'll just assume I really passed out form the sheer boredom of him droning away at me in the early morning.
This cracked me the freak up. It’s such a Farmer Bobbi thing to get double charged for passing out twice in one day. I didn’t ever think about that but yes it obviously happens. Btw Mr Mustache just happens to be my go to SDV husband but he’s even charged me a couple of times for passing out. Guess who slept in the doghouse those nights lol! 😂

stardew_luv

Planter
Soooo I’ve been fooling around with mods and some are quite fun. But I’ve been away from home off and on getting some medical testing and so only have mobile. I realized how much fun playing Stardew Unmodded was and how much I missed that simplicity. I can’t wait for 1.6 to go mobile one dat soon I hope

Draconifors

Planter
However the Skull Cavern run didn't end in the most dignified manner as I apparently lost all my Health at 2:00am, seems I left it in my other skirt. Anyhow, per my usual I was magically transported to Harvey's Low-Energy Emporium and given a talking to about guarding my health after which I immediately passed out.

Again.

Country doctors ain't what they used to be.

Luckily Dr. Mustache was nice enough to bill me the next day for those extra services, and admonished me for allowing a "random someone" winkwink to drag me in after collapsing. I guess he thought my head trauma erased his first lecture but I'll just assume I really passed out form the sheer boredom of him droning away at me in the early morning.
This is downright hysterical. :laugh:

stardew_luv

Planter
This is downright hysterical. :laugh:
Isn’t it though? I busted out laughing IRL and that it happened to Lew of all people just so fits the bill cause she is just that awesome to always have these things happen to her. She was probably thinking about a new amazing outfit or decorating idea for her farm while a monster sneak attacked her in the mines. 😂

MogBeoulve

Farmer
What are the chances that I got my first prismatic shard today by killing a green slime in the secret woods when I have been grinding skull caverns for ages and hadn't found a single one there yet.

Not complaining though!! Very happy with my new sword!
I've received at least two prismatic shards from slime drops (and one was from a low level green slime). So I never understood why people say the chance to get them is too low. It might just be because I don't covet them strongly and thus any I get are a happy chance rather than the result of a long grind, but I always feel like I get plenty for my needs.

I've received at least two prismatic shards from slime drops (and one was from a low level green slime). So I never understood why people say the chance to get them is too low. It might just be because I don't covet them strongly and thus any I get are a happy chance rather than the result of a long grind, but I always feel like I get plenty for my needs.
My current farm is on year two and I've gotten two prismatic shards from local monster drops. One dropped from a monster that spawned on my farm and another dropped from one of those coal dust sprites in the mines. Like you, I never feel the need to gain a lot of them so I think it feels like I don't have to work that hard for them. ^_^

I finally found the last dwarf scroll for this save today! In skull cavern from a slime drop. I didn't even know you could get them in SC. I just wanted a bunch of coal and some more irridium ore.

Last edited:
... Lava Katana at Vampiric. That effect stacks with the Vampire Ring, right?
Indeed it does!

I still find it funny that the game refers to them as "Rings". When I think of a "ring", I think of something that we put around our fingers. Just ask Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen about wearing all their championship rings (6 with the Chicago Bulls) at the same time! :laugh:

But at the same time, I could see how combat could become ridiculously easy if a player could really wear that many in this game -- especially with the Forge available to us!