1.6 Update What happened in your game today?

Sinmenon

Rancher
He is homeless by choice. People in town hold him in contempt to some degree and someone throws rocks at his tent at night so he has his reasons to be wary of you when you move in.
He also has this in his sprite sheet:

idk if it was an event that was never implemented but it seems that like the farmer that got tired of slaving away at a cubicle at JoJa, he also chose this life. During his 8 hearts event if you pick the option you are glad to see him doing ok as opposed to invite him, he appreciates you for not wanting to "fix" him, which is so nice. I also love how he asks you to clean up the trash in the water in some board requests, saves your bacon in the mines if you pass out and takes care of Leo. Such a good vibes man.

I wonder if his name is inspired by the mythological Linus, who is known for being eloquent, and Diogenes, a philosopher who chose to be a beggar and told Alexander the Great off.

LRangerR

Local Legend
I've just always assumed those crates around the tent were full of gold, and that he's a kind of wealthy eccentric. I do wish he had standing, like Marlon, Dr.Harvey, and Joja to bill you when he hauls you home. I hate that little ruse about the robbers, and certainly wouldn't begrudge him market rate for the schlep home.
Linus is so badass he don't need no standing!

VampireCake

Farmer
During his 8 hearts event if you pick the option you are glad to see him doing ok as opposed to invite him, he appreciates you for not wanting to "fix" him, which is so nice. I also love how he asks you to clean up the trash in the water in some board requests, saves your bacon in the mines if you pass out and takes care of Leo. Such a good vibes man.
I picked the invite option because I figured if he was on the farm his tent wouldn't get destroyed again or have rocks thrown at him. :defeated: I knew he wouldn't want a house or to change how he lives or anything; like he says, he has his reasons. Just hang out in a little corner and do his own thing exactly the same, just away from nasty people.

I finally got enough Golden Walnuts to unlock Qi's Walnut Room after shooting Darts with the Pirates at 9PM. I headed straight to that room after my final game of darts and Qi congratulated me for going "above and beyond the call of duty", referring to the fact that I had actually found 101 Walnuts at the time. The first 2 Qi Quests of my game happened to be "Extended Family" and "Danger in the Deep". I chose "Extended Family" to hunt/grind for the Legend II to smoke it and get 31,500g a pop (Gold-Quality with Artisan Profession).

With my Advanced Iridium Rod equipped with a Curiosity Lure + Corked Bobber and Deluxe Bait, I set out to catch Glacierfish Jr, Son of Crimsonfish, and Ms. Angler. I got these relatively quickly. So far so great! Then I set up several Fish Smokers on one of the 2 Islands in the center of the Mountain lake and a Bait Maker on the other. I proceeded to fish off the southern tip of the centermost island. Before my Curiosity Lure had finally bit the dust, I had caught 4 Legend II's, which I had promptly shoved into the Bait Maker after each catch. These 4 Legend II's had produced 30 Legend II bait. Now to really amp up my money-making potential by replacing my tackles with 2 Dressed Spinners and my Deluxe Bait with the 30 Legend II bait.

However, I was quickly met with disappointment when I had only hooked 2 Legend II's with that 30 specialized bait. I wonder if CA had noticed how overpowered Legend II grinding & smoking could possibly be and editted the algorithms for how often that fish could be hooked by that targetted bait!

I switched the targetted bait with Deluxe Bait and actually got better results, managing to hook 10 with around 35 more casts. (Perhaps the game had sympathy for me after that fiasco with the targeted Legend II Bait???)

I chose to smoke 9 of them and keep 3 for a future fish tank. With some Iridium-Quality catches, I had made over 300k with the smoked Legend II's.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
They exist, they’re just very limited in functionality as it is right now.
I don’t think concerned ape wants any sort of large scale automation but that does unfortunately mean they’re stuck in a state that could be a lot better.

Bawby

Farmer
Speaking of, what's a good use of the hoppers? I use it with bone kilns, but that's kinda meh. It takes up more room than I would like for smelting bars. What do you use it for, <enter user name here>?

Odin

Staff member
Hi everyone! I'm happy to say that after a fair amount of sorting out this thread is back! I apologize to @smellincoffee if I got the thread name slightly wrong, please let me know if so and I can adjust it. Also, as I mentioned elsewhere, due to a mix up where several threads were unintentionally merged, this thread got a bit mixed up and there are now some messages in here that are from other threads. I'm still going through and trying to pull out what I can, but if anyone else knows for sure that something here belongs in its own discussion thread, please let me know by linking to it or reporting that message and I will do my best to sort it out.

I apologize for the inconvenience of this thread being "down" for a day, but hope everyone can get back to sharing what has happened on their farms today!

Maher

Planter
Winter 1 saw Qi's Crop on his task board. This is the only date I accept that quest, so now Trixie gets to raise succession crops of creepy little Qi homunculi through the winter.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Found the last Skill Book. Wasn't specifically looking for it though I knew I was missing one, I just didn't know it was there. I just saw a mention of the location elsewhere and wanted to investigate and... Book!

High Luck Day and v1.6 buff which helps meant it was Skull Cavern dive time. When you have that endgame statue with the kind of ridiculous Prizzy shards it makes Skull Cavern a little less special but still fun nonetheless. Lucky Lunch and Espresso means loads of Treasure Rooms and I got a second Auto-Petter so now the Coop's covered, too!

I'm running a test to see what the animals' dispositions will be with leaving the doors open all month and with an Auto-Petter in each. The ultimate in low-maintenance animal husbandry.

However the Skull Cavern run didn't end in the most dignified manner as I apparently lost all my Health at 2:00am, seems I left it in my other skirt. Anyhow, per my usual I was magically transported to Harvey's Low-Energy Emporium and given a talking to about guarding my health after which I immediately passed out.

Again.

Country doctors ain't what they used to be.

Luckily Dr. Mustache was nice enough to bill me the next day for those extra services, and admonished me for allowing a "random someone" winkwink to drag me in after collapsing. I guess he thought my head trauma erased his first lecture but I'll just assume I really passed out form the sheer boredom of him droning away at me in the early morning.

When you have that endgame statue with the kind of ridiculous Prizzy shards it makes Skull Cavern a little less special but still fun nonetheless...
No endgame statue yet, but I just HAD to wait until the very last day to complete Maddie's (Ridgeside Village) Special Order to obtain 20 Bug Steaks and deposit them in a box next to where she works. (Sorry, Maddie, but I had many more important things to do like trying to get that Preserving Advanced Iridium Fishing Rod and catching a bunch of Legend II's to get rich quick!) So I decided to dive into Skull Caverns once again, this time hunting the (non-)indestructible bugs for their meat and steaks (mmmm.... meat and steaks 😋) using my Bug-Killer-enchanted Battle Dancer's Fan (also from Ridgeside Village). Still haven't gotten that special note regarding Skull Caverns yet, but I figured that as long as I'm here, why not mine some iridium and several valuable gems on the side :cool:? I ended up obtaining 9 Bug Steaks and 60 Bug Meat, being able to combine those with the 5 Bug Steaks from my first run at Skull Caverns to come up with just enough Bug Steaks for Maddie. Upon reaching floor 100, I didn't see Mr. Qi there, but I did see a special-looking Treasure Chest that had an Auto-Grabber in it. That saves me 25,000g over buying it from Marnie -- nice! I decided to stop right there, and I also ended up with over 100 iridium ore and 3 more Prismatic Shards.

The next morning, Maddie had sent me a letter and 10,000g in the Mail. Girl, I know you said that you didn't have the time to search for bugs, but who are we kidding here -- you hardly seem like the kind of gal who would even think of going near bugs like that even for a nanosecond! :laugh:

For my Hades themed farm, I decided to build the river styx out of lava eel fish ponds. Three of those ponds wanted basalt for one of their quests, which took me over three seasons and so many magma and omni geodes to find, but I finally did! I dropped the sucker in a crystalarium and also found another basalt after reproducing two of the three needed. So each of those ponds are finally catching up to the others. ^_^

I also found my first animal cracker on this save, which would normally go to the lava eel pond but I feel like that might be a bit much this time. I haven't decided if I'm giving it to a non-lava eel pond or my first duck that is currently incubating.

And I adopted a second cat. I normally choose the dog so I hadn't seen much of the cat. Their little pounce animation is really cute and I like their weird squashed nap pose.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Lava eels and their basalt! Once I was having so much trouble finding some that I took all the fish out, reset the pond, moved it, and put the fish back hoping to get a different request. Now I save basalt before I get lava eels.
Honestly, I save every Mineral and Artifact I find because:

• Requests like this. I will never remember all the options that Fish or anyone /thing else asks for
• Tailoring. If I need a Navy Tux to match my new dark blue Dress, the odds I'm gonna find that Rare Disc are 0
• Decoration. I never know what I'm going to design as that inspiration comes infrequently but if I need a Chipped Amphora... well, I already mentioned the odds