1.6 Update What happened in your game today?

RennyBenny

Sodbuster
I recently repainted all my buildings and am about to get a fishing pond. Also added more trees to my apple orchard and started growing some random crops in my greenhouse. I usually only grow plants that continue to produce after the first harvest but I’ve started trying other ones like bok choy and amaranth. It’s kind of nice to have all the colorful variety inside. And I got bored and redecorated my house.

HaleyRocks

Planter
I want to build myself, another row of mystic trees. I have the rest seeds needed, but i lack a number of acorns. I added 2 Woodskip ponds, but other than them giving acorns rarely, they have a chance to yield the other seeds too, ruining the farming process.

I planted some wild oak trees in a spare garden spot, but when i shake them, it is extremely rare for them to drop seeds. They do some spreading, since they are in the main farm area, but this is also very rare to happen. Theoritically, i could disable the Golden Clock to make wild trees spread seeds more, but that would allow debris to appear again and i cannot have that... They will ruin my carefully designed, complex paths, machinery etc!

The Forest Merchant (Fridays and Sundays), only once had Acorns and still, a quantity of 2. I cannot rely on that guy.

Cutting down wild Oak trees elsewhere in the Valley is a good method, since they regularly yield 1-2 seeds per tree cut but problem is, there are extremely few of those around. Most valley trees are pine and mapple.

I have 57 seeds and i need 83 more! Any ideas? Suggestions? Advice?

HaleyRocks

Planter
Since you're getting decent Acorns from Trees, I'd plant rows of Oaks at the Train Crossing with Tree Fertilizer so they grow in 4 days, cut them down and repeat. Yeah you're using your Acorns to plant but you're amplifying them when cutting down and it's only a 4 day turnaround.
i thought about that, but this won't cut it!

It isn't certain that a cut tree drops 1-2 seeds, sometimes it drops only wood and sap! And if it drops only 1, then there is zero profit!

Since trees don't spread seeds around on their own, much like they do in the farm map area, then this potentially leads into a loss, instead.

Ereo

Helper
There’s a 5% chance for the tree to create a loose seed (that you can shake down) and a 15% chance of a new tree spreading.

I’m not sure what the odds are for trees to drop seeds when cut, but in my experience, when you cut down a row of trees and plant the same number of seeds, you will have some leftover.

Well, Cassandra the Iridium Sardine* now resides in the community center fish tank.
I took out the freshwater fish and gave her some decor and a sea cucumber companion. Later tonight I'll add some seaweed and a crab, for Willy. Maybe a flounder to encourage Sebastian to use the community center (they have his favorite board game, after all). Can anyone think of anything else Cassandra the Iridium Sardine might like in her tank?
Screenshot from 2024-07-12 15-36-54.png

*It's a Hades themed farm, so the name seemed fitting.

Do people actually close their barn/chicken house doors at night?

I have chickens irl so it feels especially wrong for me not to shut the doors in-game but...I'm always too busy, and it doesn't feel necessary. They do fall asleep outside sometimes but as long as I leave the doors open (I assume) they find their way back there as soon as I end the day.
I close my animals in at night (I have goats and a sheep irl and have had chickens and ducks before) unless I'm about to pass out from pushing it in the skull caverns a little too long. I almost always keep my coop right by the farmhouse or the bottom of the farm, near an obelisk, so it's not too much trouble. Especially after I've unlocked the mine carts. Then, I can just stop at an elevator floor in the mines, take the mine cart home, close them up and dump my loot, and return to mining. On fishing days, I just make sure to give myself a few extra minutes when planning when i need to return.

HaleyRocks

Planter
Tested and approved! Special thanks to: @Lew Zealand and @Ereo!

From a row of 28 wild oak trees planted, when chopped down, i ended up with 38 acorns! I was mistaken and you were correct! Thanks a lot for pointing that out, your suggestion solves my issue! Also, thanks to Ereo for the exact chance listing!

Quite honestly, all of you people here in the forums, are trully assets and pals! Happy to be around!

Bawby

Farmer
I get it. My heart bled for Linus after his dumpster diving cutscene. The way he shook with fear after getting caught...
But, it's okay. Though Linus's dialogue unfortunately remains doubtful that he's wanted (at least in 1.5), he is a member of the community. He is looked after and looks after others (he's dragged my butt back to my house several times).

Maher

Planter
I've just always assumed those crates around the tent were full of gold, and that he's a kind of wealthy eccentric. I do wish he had standing, like Marlon, Dr.Harvey, and Joja to bill you when he hauls you home. I hate that little ruse about the robbers, and certainly wouldn't begrudge him market rate for the schlep home.

Draconifors

Planter
He makes it very clear that he lives this way by choice. He might have millions on the bank, but decided to live as one with nature. He’s not starving, he gets by with what he finds.
This.

It's easy to assume he's homeless and starving until you really talk to him (I know I did), but getting even a little bit of friendship with him proves that assumption wrong.