1.6 Update What happened in your game today?

snowblue

Newcomer
Do you know you can talk to the parrot in Leo’s hut and he will give you hints on where they are? If he doesn’t have hints any more, there are 7 walnuts possible and you find a list on the wiki.
The parrot that stays at Leo's house really doesn't give me any more tips. But I've looked at the wiki many times and can't find that list. But knowing that there's no point in staying in the volcano killing monsters helped me.

Ereo

Helper
The parrot that stays at Leo's house really doesn't give me any more tips. But I've looked at the wiki many times and can't find that list. But knowing that there's no point in staying in the volcano killing monsters helped me.
It’s in the Notes section of the golden walnut article. One more though: if you finish the archeological tent, but don’t talk to the professor after the donation, the parrot stops giving hints about it. So you can be missing different amounts depending on your last completed skeleton.

there’s also a bug sometimes where some aren’t counted, that can be fixed with entering \recountnuts in the chat window (or on mobile, you’ll have to fix it manually).

and lastly, on mobile and pc, you can always check with the stardew checkup.

snowblue

Newcomer
It’s in the Notes section of the golden walnut article. One more though: if you finish the archeological tent, but don’t talk to the professor after the donation, the parrot stops giving hints about it. So you can be missing different amounts depending on your last completed skeleton.

there’s also a bug sometimes where some aren’t counted, that can be fixed with entering \recountnuts in the chat window (or on mobile, you’ll have to fix it manually).

and lastly, on mobile and pc, you can always check with the stardew checkup.
How do you count nuts on your cell phone manually? Well, I'm sure I already got all the nuts.

Ereo

Helper
How do you count nuts on your cell phone manually? Well, I'm sure I already got all the nuts.
The first thing you should do is check with the Stardew checkup.

if that confirms you have all the nuts, you’ll need to edit the save file. There’s a guide here, should be the same on mobile. Do not forget to back up your save before editing.

ArtifactSpot

I get a lot of extra nuts in volcano mining ore, opening chests, swing my sword at the metal barrels. The dig site mining sometimes gives some mining and hoeing artifact spots. Also fishing there and in the ocean gets you a few. If you plant crops on your farm harvesting them can get you a few. Mining the mussel rocks south of your farm gets a couple. I think I got some having Clint break open the gold coconuts. There are a lot hoeing in the sand the pattern like circles, crosses, and raised dots. Give a banana to the hidden monkey to the left of Leo’s hut gets several. Also completeing Birdies quest, the Frog’s crop orders that have to be grown on Ginger Island farm, and finding all artifacts for professor snail. Then going foraging around island north and south west gets some. Hope that helps.

ArtifactSpot

The first thing you should do is check with the Stardew checkup.

if that confirms you have all the nuts, you’ll need to edit the save file. There’s a guide here, should be the same on mobile. Do not forget to back up your save before editing.
MouseyPounds that used to be linked here is a website that helps too.

Maher

Sodbuster
Swapped the Master enchantment for the Auto-Hook enchantment on my fishing rod, and bought the "statue of lousy ROI but maybe you'll remember a birthday now and again." It made me happy right away.

ArtifactSpot

I’m on a relatively new save file. Last night Harvey and I had our second child, a sweet little boy. We named him Zachary. Our Daughter would be almost an in game year now. She is named Marie.

Ahh tyty, it's a 8bit version of the Dodo from ARK, probably my 2nd favorite game rn.. waiting on my ps5 to get fixed
But the game doesn't run in 8bit, or does it? I was thinking I found a new favourite, because the gameplay sounds quite interesting. But it has this freewheeling camera, right? Alas, that's not for me and my proneness for motion sickness.

ArtifactSpot

Dino egg, Prismatic Shard and Autopetter - that's what I call luck.

Just wanted to say, that I like your Avatar, the blue is so beautiful.
Way cool!

In my game yesterday my dog Emma said she loves me! 😍 😍 😍 I just love that! My irl dog is named Emma so it’s always extra special.

I wish it said that too when your children got to 10 hearts that wood be so adorable since they don’t talk either. 😍

I finished Evelyn's gifts for George request and got the coffee maker! I lucked out and got the request early in the season so I had plenty of time for once. ^_^

I also updated my third shed, which I use for kegs, mayo makers, and oil makers so far (I have plenty of space to add more now). I was going to put preserve jars in there but I have a bunch set up by my fish ponds and I don't think I need any more. I might build a barn to get some goats (I went with the remixed bundles and didn't need a barn to complete CC), so I could add some cheese makers.

Marz

Greenhorn
I thought it might be nice to have a place where people can report on their farm's goings-on and the adventures of their farmer, kind of like this thread at The Sims forums. I'll kick things off!

I am still very new to the game and in mid-summer of my second year at Peacefield Farm. In the first year, I was able to learn the basics of the game, and start becoming marginally successful: by the end I was selling honey, mayonnaise, maple syrup, and jams in addition to regular crops. I also used the winter to (mostly) change my fields to be oriented around sprinklers. My goals for year two were multiple: one, get to the bottom of the mines (I'd gone from 1 to 105 in winter alone): two, expand the house; three, build more farm infrastructure like a stable, a barn, and a silo; and four, tackle the overgrowth on my little islands and expand my fields. As of this morning (Summer 15) things are going well on those fronts! I got to the bottom of the mines almost immediately, and have built a barn and filled it with four cows. I also just expanded the house, so now I can start crafting food! I had a bunch of rain days in the early summer, so I used those to attack the big island and have created a larger field there. I'm also using the little strip of land just north of the road that goes to Marnie's as an orchard. My immediate plan is to explore cooking. Farmwise, my plans are to get a silo so I don't have to plant so much wheat or buy hay from Marnie; expand the coop so I can get duck eggs; continue harvesting hardwood for a stable; and continue expanding on the second island. I want the silo first because there's a lot of grass on the big island that I don't want to waste.
Hi! In my stardew valley game I just married penny! She is a lovely wife and I'm waiting for summer so I can grow melons because she loves melons, I have also been trying to get the community center finished especially the greenhouse bundle

ArtifactSpot

Hi! In my stardew valley game I just married penny! She is a lovely wife and I'm waiting for summer so I can grow melons because she loves melons, I have also been trying to get the community center finished especially the greenhouse bundle
Congrats! ☺