What are you currently playing?

nicodeux

Farmer
I'm currently on a short Stardew Valley break both on mobile and PC (but I'm sure to be back to it when update 1.5 hits mobile this year).

I play Northgard instead which is a very nice game, well designed, easy to handle, hard to master.
I highly recommend it to any of you who likes RTS games or nordic mythology.

1668087315938.png

1668087391106.png1668087505122.png1668087564465.png

SiameezyRPGer

Sodbuster
So I've mostly still been playing Atelier Sophie 2 these days on my PS4. I'm pretty far into the game but haven't beaten it yet. This weekend is the latest Splatfest in Splatoon 3 though, so I'll be enjoying that. And tomorrow I'll be able to play Tactics Ogre for the very first time. I enjoy the occasional SRPG; the last one I got into was Triangle Strategy. But Tactics Ogre isn't one I ever got around to. Really glad they added in a feature to prevent you from leveling too high and ranking up enemies, that's the one thing that made Final Fantasy Tactics too old & difficult for me to get into. I would try to grind to get to about at level to enemies at least and then end up ranking them up and still be stuck. I couldn't decide between it and Harvestella but ultimately decided to pre-order Tactics Ogre Reborn and wait on Harvestella. Though I do hope to eventually get Harvestella, I loved the demo.

Last edited:

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
1668204612742.png

i really loved sonic frontiers guys. it's gonna be really fun to replay down the line (here's hoping they add more stuff but who knows, at least they'll prob do some bug fixes)

i have pokemon scarlet preordered and i look forward to that but i am a sonic kid through and through, i'm just, still in complete sonic mode, i'm so jazzed. i'm probably gonna continue to play sonic adventure 1 and 2 and get their achievements, they have plagued me for generations...
1668204718412.png

Rhiannon

Farmer
What a delightful thread I've never read before! So interesting to see that so many of us overlap in the games we play. And so many I haven't tried yet.

As of this post, I'm playing SDV having started a new game for my YouTube channel. I'm also playing Skyrim to have two totally different games to upload AND trying to "finish" Skyrim for the first time since 11/11/11. I'm struggling with that because I'm right at the same place I always quit. Restarting SDV has been a delight. That's one game I've only restarted twice in the years I've had it. So much fun!

When I'm not playing/recording for my channel, I'm playing a bit of Fallout Shelter. I had a game that was close to the "end game" for it so I've taken that back up as a pallet cleanser.

Lenora Rose

Farmer
Just started Coral Island (still early access but I threw in for the Kickstarter). Four game days in, the mechanics are almost exactly Stardew's kind of process with the exception of bug catching, but in a different graphics style and pretty South Seas inspired locale. Plot wise it's very like SDV but without the Grandpa (moved into a farm currently covered in weeds, rocks. trees and trash, need to refresh a town that's a bit run down and protect them from an "evil" corporation -- though oil drilling really is more evil than the generic corporate clone-ness of Joja).

I get the impression more things will diverge mechanics wise later, and even more things theme and story wise (there's supposed to be a whole undersea plot and setting with mermaids).

Obviously I'm liking it so far but I'm really looking forward to the point where I feel a bit less like I'm playing Stardew with new visuals and controls.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I’ve gotten back into my long term survival world which works for me like my long term stardew save.

I made a great gold farm and guardian farm as well as draining a monument and prepping it for a potential base.

Made a way better trading hall too and hit 3000 levels!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Just started Coral Island (still early access but I threw in for the Kickstarter). Four game days in, the mechanics are almost exactly Stardew's kind of process with the exception of bug catching, but in a different graphics style and pretty South Seas inspired locale. Plot wise it's very like SDV but without the Grandpa (moved into a farm currently covered in weeds, rocks. trees and trash, need to refresh a town that's a bit run down and protect them from an "evil" corporation -- though oil drilling really is more evil than the generic corporate clone-ness of Joja).

I get the impression more things will diverge mechanics wise later, and even more things theme and story wise (there's supposed to be a whole undersea plot and setting with mermaids).

Obviously I'm liking it so far but I'm really looking forward to the point where I feel a bit less like I'm playing Stardew with new visuals and controls.
It felt slightly too similar to stardew right as it is now.

Many people get mad if you say stuff like that and argue that stardew is a copy of harvest moon but I think that coral island is more stardew valley than farm rpg, at least how it is now.

Lenora Rose

Farmer
It felt slightly too similar to stardew right as it is now.

Many people get mad if you say stuff like that and argue that stardew is a copy of harvest moon but I think that coral island is more stardew valley than farm rpg, at least how it is now.
The diving and bug catching are different, but the bug catching is a bit buggy (pun not so much intended as unavoidable) and diving is a bit grindy, if satisfyingly dramatic when you trigger the thingies; I really hope they fix the movement, though. I might like the fishing mechanic a bit more, but it's not that different. And the skill tracks, but they're incomplete.

It's just a few too many things are 1:1 parallel. The Goddess vs the community centre, the farm mechanics aside from trash clearing, the farm trees being oak, maple and pine even on the island, the people showing up at your door with crafting blueprints. Even the calendar.

It's really really pretty, though, and I see the possibilities for making it more different yet.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I have a 3-year tradition (<pats back> yep, right up there with the English Monarchy) of starting a new Minecraft SkyBlock version over US Thanksgiving so am playing that right now. Last 2 years' were the OneBlock version but I'm doing regular SkyBlock this year. Totally doing it in Hardcore mode because I haven't died yet (on Day 9 - wow!), but I mean how boring would it be for my spazpinky to twitch, causing me to plummet to my early demise. So I'm really in regular Survival mode.

Also recently bought Slime Rancher 2 and that'll be next. New slimes!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
The diving and bug catching are different, but the bug catching is a bit buggy (pun not so much intended as unavoidable) and diving is a bit grindy, if satisfyingly dramatic when you trigger the thingies; I really hope they fix the movement, though. I might like the fishing mechanic a bit more, but it's not that different. And the skill tracks, but they're incomplete.

It's just a few too many things are 1:1 parallel. The Goddess vs the community centre, the farm mechanics aside from trash clearing, the farm trees being oak, maple and pine even on the island, the people showing up at your door with crafting blueprints. Even the calendar.

It's really really pretty, though, and I see the possibilities for making it more different yet.
Yeah, it's a new game, most of the mechanics don't bother me either, it's mostly just the map being nearly the exact same, I played it and knew where nearly everything was without watching videos or looking at any images/reading anything to do with the map solely from playing stardew.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I have a 3-year tradition (<pats back> yep, right up there with the English Monarchy) of starting a new Minecraft SkyBlock version over US Thanksgiving so am playing that right now. Last 2 years' were the OneBlock version but I'm doing regular SkyBlock this year. Totally doing it in Hardcore mode because I haven't died yet (on Day 9 - wow!), but I mean how boring would it be for my spazpinky to twitch, causing me to plummet to my early demise. So I'm really in regular Survival mode.

Also recently bought Slime Rancher 2 and that'll be next. New slimes!
I've been playing some minecraft as of late too, was playing hours a day early this year, stopped for all of summer and most of fall and now I'm into it again, ironically, in summer (different country)

Jayamos

Farmer
Just completed Spiritfarer and omg the feels I was pretty well bawling full out at the end. Beautiful storyline, everyone is flawed and relatable. I will definitely play it again.
I’ve started playing it, set it aside for a while, good to know the storyline works!

SiameezyRPGer

Sodbuster
I don't regret my choice to buy Tactics Ogre Reborn first. I've already spent 55 hours on the game and gotten to the final chapter. The game is only 4 chapters though and from what I've read, the 4th is the longest, in addition to having various optional battles and a couple dungeons and whatnot. I do still really want Harvestella though. I put it on my Christmas list for family, the only game I asked for this year and I really hope someone got me a physical copy before they sold out recently.

But yeah, I've been really enjoying Tactics Ogre, it's as approachable and fun as any modern SRPG thanks to all the updates in this latest port. Although, I don't think the story has me sucked in quite as much as Triangle Strategy's did earlier this year. But if you've never played before and you enjoy SRPGs, I recommend it. I am now starting to get burnt out on the SRPG grind though and kinda ready to play something else for a while.