Unofficial mod updates

TheBus4K

Greenhorn
I updated Teh's Fishing Overhaul mod to include the beach farm the new legendary fishes.

View attachment 5234

Edit: unofficial.4 fixes manifest problems.
Your unofficial version of Teh's Fishing Overhaul is bugged.

When in summer I go to the beach, the fish "Son of Crimsonfish" appear, when this fish should only appear in a mission that Mr. Qi gives you.
Also, the Crimsonfish doesn't appear, only the Son of Crimsonfish appears infinitely (supposedly it can only be caught once), which makes the achievement of catching all the fish impossible, because the Crimsonfish never appears.

Correction: the Crimsonfish shows up, I just confirmed it.

So currently the only bug I have seen is that the Son of Crimsonfish and the other variations of the legendary fish (that is, Ms. Angler, Legend ll, Radioactive Carp and Glacierfish Jr.) appear in their respective places but as if it was any other fish and it can be caught as many times as you want, and those fish shouldn't appear until Mr. Qi gave you the mission "Extended Family".

I imagine that you haven't set those fish as "legendary fish" or something like that and that you haven't set it to appear only when Mr. Qi's mission is active (I don't know about programming or mods so don't pay much attention to me either).

And I haven't gotten to try it yet (I'm only in summer of year 1), but have you added the new fish from the new zones and the new Magic Bait? I don't know how hard it is to do that, but I wish you could add them (if you haven't already).

Thanks for your work as I love this mod, if you could fix this mod I would be incredibly grateful.

Last edited:

Strobe

Planter
Your unofficial version of Teh's Fishing Overhaul is bugged.

When in summer I go to the beach, the fish "Son of Crimsonfish" appear, when this fish should only appear in a mission that Mr. Qi gives you.
Also, the Crimsonfish doesn't appear, only the Son of Crimsonfish appears infinitely (supposedly it can only be caught once), which makes the achievement of catching all the fish impossible, because the Crimsonfish never appears.

Correction: the Crimsonfish shows up, I just confirmed it.

So currently the only bug I have seen is that the Son of Crimsonfish and the other variations of the legendary fish (that is, Ms. Angler, Legend ll, Radioactive Carp and Glacierfish Jr.) appear in their respective places but as if it was any other fish and it can be caught as many times as you want, and those fish shouldn't appear until Mr. Qi gave you the mission "Extended Family".

I imagine that you haven't set those fish as "legendary fish" or something like that and that you haven't set it to appear only when Mr. Qi's mission is active (I don't know about programming or mods so don't pay much attention to me either).

And I haven't gotten to try it yet (I'm only in summer of year 1), but have you added the new fish from the new zones and the new Magic Bait? I don't know how hard it is to do that, but I wish you could add them (if you haven't already).

Thanks for your work as I love this mod, if you could fix this mod I would be incredibly grateful.
Thanks for the report, can you check if this fixes it?

Attachments

Kyemera

Greenhorn

TheBus4K

Greenhorn
Thanks for the report, can you check if this fixes it?
I get an error in the console when starting the game (the mod crashes):

[Fishing Overhaul] Mod crashed on entry and might not work correctly. Technical details:
System.NullReferenceException: Referencia a objeto no establecida como instancia de un objeto.
en TehPers.FishingOverhaul.Configs.ConfigFish.PopulateData()
en TehPers.FishingOverhaul.ModFishing.<>c.<LoadConfigs>b__34_0()
en TehPers.Core.Json.JsonApi.ReadOrCreate[TModel](String path, Action`1 settings, Func`1 modelFactory, Boolean minify)
en TehPers.Core.Json.JsonApi.ReadOrCreate[TModel](String path, Func`1 modelFactory, Boolean minify)
en TehPers.FishingOverhaul.ModFishing.LoadConfigs()
en TehPers.FishingOverhaul.ModFishing.Entry(IModHelper helper)

en StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.LoadMods(IModMetadata[] mods, JsonHelper jsonHelper, ContentCoordinator contentCore, ModDatabase modDatabase) en C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SCore.cs:línea 1465

It is the only error I get on the console.

(I have the game in Spanish, that's why certain texts appear in Spanish).

Strobe

Planter
I get an error in the console when starting the game (the mod crashes):

[Fishing Overhaul] Mod crashed on entry and might not work correctly. Technical details:
System.NullReferenceException: Referencia a objeto no establecida como instancia de un objeto.
en TehPers.FishingOverhaul.Configs.ConfigFish.PopulateData()
en TehPers.FishingOverhaul.ModFishing.<>c.<LoadConfigs>b__34_0()
en TehPers.Core.Json.JsonApi.ReadOrCreate[TModel](String path, Action`1 settings, Func`1 modelFactory, Boolean minify)
en TehPers.Core.Json.JsonApi.ReadOrCreate[TModel](String path, Func`1 modelFactory, Boolean minify)
en TehPers.FishingOverhaul.ModFishing.LoadConfigs()
en TehPers.FishingOverhaul.ModFishing.Entry(IModHelper helper)

en StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.LoadMods(IModMetadata[] mods, JsonHelper jsonHelper, ContentCoordinator contentCore, ModDatabase modDatabase) en C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SCore.cs:línea 1465

It is the only error I get on the console.

(I have the game in Spanish, that's why certain texts appear in Spanish).
Can you upload the log over here? https://smapi.io/log/

Edit: never mind, I got it to recreate the crash. Checking it.

Last edited:

lucadris

Tiller
i'd give my (non-existant) firstborn if someone could please please PLEASE update Splitstack X and PelicanFiber. They were lifesavers in 1.4 but both are broken in 1.5 ; (

Kamikaze

Newcomer
Unofficial updates fix mod compatibility when the author is away. This thread lets you download and request them.

For players
How do I find the latest update?
Don't search this thread directly! Comments here might be outdated. See the SMAPI compatibility list and XNB alternatives list instead, which will link to the latest update (whether official or unofficial).​

How do I get help with a broken mod with no unofficial update?
First, see Modding:Help#Using mods on the wiki for the best places to get help.​
If that doesn't work, and the mod is incompatible and hasn't been updated in a long time and the author isn't responding to comments on the mod page, post a message in this thread and we'll help. Make sure to attach your SMAPI log after trying the mod.​

What mod types does this thread cover?
For XNB mods (the ones that manually replace game files), see migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs. This thread covers all other mod types.​

For mod authors
How do I create an unofficial update?
Unofficial updates use a special version format, to avoid breaking update alerts for official updates. See create an unofficial update on the wiki for more info.​
To share an unofficial update, post a comment here with...​
  • the mod name, with a link to the official mod page;
  • a list of changes you made;
  • a link to the pull request where you submitted the changes to the original author (recommended);
  • the unofficial update as a .zip file (avoid .rar or .7z for best compatibility).

Can I update a closed-source or proprietary mod?
No, only open-source mods should be updated unofficially. If you post an unofficial update for a closed-source or proprietary mod, you're violating the original author's copyright on their work. You can contact the author and suggest making their mod open-source instead (and link them to open source on the wiki for more info).​

What if the mod author is still active?
  • To fix a bug: submit a pull request or report it on the mod page instead. Unofficial updates for active compatible mods won't be listed on the mod compatibility list, so most players won't find them.
  • To fix an incompatible mod: you can technically post an unofficial update for an actively-maintained mod, but it's considered rude and some mod authors will be annoyed if you do this. Consider contacting the mod author to ask if they plan to update the mod themselves first.

How do I update my own mods?
For a SMAPI mod, see migration guides on the wiki. You can also check smapi.io/mods to know if the mod worked as of the last check (the list is updated regularly).​
For a content pack, ask the author of the framework mod that loads it (e.g. on the Content Patcher page for a Content Patcher pack). Most content packs aren't affected by game updates once the parent mod updates.​

(Continued from updating mods for Stardew Valley 1.4.)
can you make an unofficial update for this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2520

here's the smapi log:
https://smapi.io/log/8553e1cee4f445708c01aecd1f48b736

thanks in advance

pepoluan

Cowpoke
can you make an unofficial update for this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2520

here's the smapi log:
https://smapi.io/log/8553e1cee4f445708c01aecd1f48b736

thanks in advance
Unfortunately, the mod is not Open Source.

Per the post you quoted:

No, only open-source mods should be updated unofficially. If you post an unofficial update for a closed-source or proprietary mod, you're violating the original author's copyright on their work. You can contact the author and suggest making their mod open-source instead (and link them to open source on the wiki for more info).

Ateana

Greenhorn
Can you upload the log over here? https://smapi.io/log/

Edit: never mind, I got it to recreate the crash. Checking it.
Hi,
I have the same error at the start of the game, with the Teh's Fishing Overhaul mod, if it helps. I checked, I have the last version of Smapi and re-started playing yesterday, so all my mods should be up to date too;

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at TehPers.FishingOverhaul.Configs.ConfigFish.PopulateData()
at TehPers.FishingOverhaul.ModFishing.<>c.<LoadConfigs>b__34_0()
at TehPers.Core.Json.JsonApi.ReadOrCreate[TModel](String path, Action`1 settings, Func`1 modelFactory, Boolean minify)
at TehPers.Core.Json.JsonApi.ReadOrCreate[TModel](String path, Func`1 modelFactory, Boolean minify)
at TehPers.FishingOverhaul.ModFishing.LoadConfigs()
at TehPers.FishingOverhaul.ModFishing.Entry(IModHelper helper)
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.LoadMods(IModMetadata[] mods, JsonHelper jsonHelper, ContentCoordinator contentCore, ModDatabase modDatabase) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SCore.cs:line 1500

iHaku

Greenhorn
Hi,
I have the same error at the start of the game, with the Teh's Fishing Overhaul mod, if it helps. I checked, I have the last version of Smapi and re-started playing yesterday, so all my mods should be up to date too;

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at TehPers.FishingOverhaul.Configs.ConfigFish.PopulateData()
at TehPers.FishingOverhaul.ModFishing.<>c.<LoadConfigs>b__34_0()
at TehPers.Core.Json.JsonApi.ReadOrCreate[TModel](String path, Action`1 settings, Func`1 modelFactory, Boolean minify)
at TehPers.Core.Json.JsonApi.ReadOrCreate[TModel](String path, Func`1 modelFactory, Boolean minify)
at TehPers.FishingOverhaul.ModFishing.LoadConfigs()
at TehPers.FishingOverhaul.ModFishing.Entry(IModHelper helper)
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.LoadMods(IModMetadata[] mods, JsonHelper jsonHelper, ContentCoordinator contentCore, ModDatabase modDatabase) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SCore.cs:line 1500
I think the problem is essentially that the mod can not create its required json files during the booting process, however it's set to do so which results into it crashing.

this can be fixed by using an earlyer version of the fishing overhaul and following these steps:
Download this earlyer version of the mod: http://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/unofficial-mod-updates.2096/post-22834
Boot up the game so it generates fish.json, fish Traits.json, treasure.json and the config.json
Close the game
remove all files except the 4 newly generated json files
place the updated mod files into the folder
edit the config and set "AllowFishOnAllFarms" to true (not sure if this is required for modfish but a user on nexus did this to add fishes to modded areas, also might wanna increase "HudMaxFishTypes" to like 20 or so, while you're at it)
boot up the game and load your save untill you're ingame.
equipt the fishing rod, tab out of the game and delete fish.json and fish Traits.json.
tab back into the game and press F5. this lets the mod recreate those files (which is the reason why it crashes during the boot, it seemingly has no issues creating them while the game is running) I'm running SVE + More Fish, and they both work. some of the SVE changes dont seem to work perfectly like catching ghostfish in the immersive farm area, but everything else works as usuall (more fish are capturable and show up in every area with their capture chance)

Ateana

Greenhorn
I think the problem is essentially that the mod can not create its required json files during the booting process, however it's set to do so which results into it crashing.

this can be fixed by using an earlyer version of the fishing overhaul and following these steps:
Download this earlyer version of the mod: http://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/unofficial-mod-updates.2096/post-22834
Boot up the game so it generates fish.json, fish Traits.json, treasure.json and the config.json
Close the game
remove all files except the 4 newly generated json files
place the updated mod files into the folder
edit the config and set "AllowFishOnAllFarms" to true (not sure if this is required for modfish but a user on nexus did this to add fishes to modded areas, also might wanna increase "HudMaxFishTypes" to like 20 or so, while you're at it)
boot up the game and load your save untill you're ingame.
equipt the fishing rod, tab out of the game and delete fish.json and fish Traits.json.
tab back into the game and press F5. this lets the mod recreate those files (which is the reason why it crashes during the boot, it seemingly has no issues creating them while the game is running) I'm running SVE + More Fish, and they both work. some of the SVE changes dont seem to work perfectly like catching ghostfish in the immersive farm area, but everything else works as usuall (more fish are capturable and show up in every area with their capture chance)
I did the manip you mentioned and it worked, thank you iHaku!

TheBus4K

Greenhorn
Food Buff Stacking doesn't work in Stardew Valley 1.5
Link to mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/4321

Since the mod developer hasn't connected to Nexusmods for a long time, I have decided to report this here:

The mod doesn't work: when you eat something that gives you a buff and then you eat something else that gives you a different buff, the new buff replaces the old one, that is, it doesn't stack (no error appears on the console), and there is also a very critical bug that is that when you eat something that gives you the energy buff and you go to sleep with that buff still active, when you wake up you no longer have the buff but the energy is still increased, so if you go to sleep with the energy buff, the energy increases permanently (as if it were a Stardrop).

I have removed the mod and now when I go to bed with an energy buff it no longer stays permanently the next day so the culprit is this mod.

I have also noticed that when I remove the mod, the energy buff icon is different. I don't know if it has something to do with it, but I comment on it because on the page of this mod it doesn't mention at any time that the energy buff icon changes, so it seemed strange to me.