Unofficial mod updates

MrZeffy

Cowpoke
Thank you guys for the amazing effort. There is a minor visual issue in the UI Info Suite and I was wondering if can someone here look at it?

There is a problem in the Relations tab, with the hearts appearing abit off:

Can anyone look at it? That would be awesome!

By the way, I am using the updated UI Info Suite found here at:
Just wanted to bring this back up; the Unofficial Update by Strobe for the UI Info Suite works great, but I also see this particular graphical bug

MrZeffy

Cowpoke
Requesting an update to the Always On Server mod / Always Online for version 1.5

Link to page

A previous unofficial update was posted here for 1.4:

Last official update was feb 2019 by funnysnek
Unofficial Update: https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/unofficial-mod-updates.2096/post-21644

Test this one and see if it's working :)

Also Basil-oz made a nice reference of unofficial updates that may or maynot be updated on smapi.io/mods so far:

birdie

Greenhorn
Has Convenient Chests been updated? The mod mostly works just fine, but the craft from chest feature broke with 1.5.

millsj13

Sodbuster
Okay, this might be silly but I am going to ask. Is there a way yo update https://smapi.io/mods? I have noticed that several mods are currently broken in 1.5, but the page says that they are fixed. One of them being Casks everywhere. This mod is not functioning in the1.5 game. I started a new game as well.
edit: It seems like a lot of the compatibility set is still for 1.3 and 1.4....

Last edited:

millsj13

Sodbuster
Hi all, please can I request an update of A Very Special Blue Chicken? I think it's been mentioned but no one has picked it up yet. Thanks in advance!
I have heard from the Author of this Mod. He is planning on updating it, He has had some family obligations come up and will get it out as soon as possible. I am also looking foward to have this mod back. :)

Strobe

Planter
Okay, this might be silly but I am going to ask. Is there a way yo update https://smapi.io/mods? I have noticed that several mods are currently broken in 1.5, but the page says that they are fixed. One of them being Casks everywhere. This mod is not functioning in the1.5 game. I started a new game as well.
edit: It seems like a lot of the compatibility set is still for 1.3 and 1.4....
There are instructions at the top of the page

millsj13

Sodbuster
Just wanted to bring this back up; the Unofficial Update by Strobe for the UI Info Suite works great, but I also see this particular graphical bug
My question is, Have you confirmed that you have a full heart with the person? I have noticed that if you have less than a full heart(point total), it will fill in part of the heart.

Frogfrag

Greenhorn
Hey guys!

EDIT: I've updated the mod following @Pathoschild guidelines, and using the updated source code available here - My code is committed there as well.

I've updated the attached file in this post for anyone referencing it.

Changes/Fixes in this update:

-Supports SDV 1.5.1, SMAPI 3.8.2;
-Fixes Golden Walnuts issues by avoiding the collection of those - My previous version still wrongfully collected 3 Golden Walnuts (Sorry!), they where at: Captain's Room (1) and Volcano Forge (2);
-Changes the Minimal harvest formula to allow a value higher than 1, up to the established Max value for the crop - increased per Farmer Level / Max Increase parameter;
-Grabs Ginger on all Island locations - New 1.5 forage item

My Previous/Original post follows:

I'm sorry for showing up just now, I've been trying to get my account validated since yesterday hahaha.

I've been following @Strobe and Deluxe Auto-grabber and I managed to get it to work with 1.5 without the need to replant any crops, with Global Forage set to ON and without causing issues with Golden Walnuts, I've uploaded my version below, it uses the source from here: https://github.com/Pathoschild/smapi-mod-dump/tree/1a8bafc1b62b8cb99f59384a0e9679366339803e/source/Deluxe%20Auto-Grabber/DeluxeGrabber

TL/DR:
-This version will not cause the DivideByZero Exception and will work 100% to collect global forage, it will not attempt to collect Golden Walnuts in the Island maps.
-This version does not yet attempt to grab new items from 1.5, if you guys could provide me a list of new item Id's of the new forageable items, I'd be glad to make this update.

I'd like to get in touch with @Strobe to make sure I'm using the same source he's using and collaborate to fully update the Mod, if you get this, PM me plz :)

Long story/Technical details:
-The DivideByZero Exception is caused by the maxHarvestIncreasePerFarmingLevel property of the Crop object being returned as 0 for Coffee beans and perhaps other Crops too. I don't know the previous version values (if anyone knows, let me know), so right now I've changed it so it either uses the existing value or, if it is zero, reverts to 1. This Exception literally stops the processing of the grabber on the start of each day, hence why we didn't get all the fruits from trees or forageable items, but still got a few.

-The Golden Walnuts are collected from a Bush Object, the original mod author coded Bushes to be collected when blooming, but made the types of berries static in code, so, in Sping, it collects Salmonberries, and in Fall, it collects Blackberries. However, this causes an issue with the new Golden Walnuts, because they are also collected from Bushes (the first one you get and a few others) but are neither Salmonberries nor Blackberries. If you are in either Spring or Fall, the previous code would just create the respective berry in your global grabber and delete the Walnut - So some of your Berries would actually be the Golden Walnut. - In case you already played in 1.5 with your savefile, you cannot get the Walnuts to be placed back, however, you can spawn them with CJB Item Spawner or, if you want, get a previous save from 1.4.5 and load into that one, your Golden Walnuts will be correctly in place when using this version of Deluxe Auto-Grabber.

I hope this can be helpful and I'd like to get your feedback, I plan on updating the mod to gather the new items and work better with the Islands, but for now, this will be functional.

Attachments

Last edited:

Strobe

Planter
Hey guys!

I'm sorry for showing up just now, I've been trying to get my account validated since yesterday hahaha.

I've been following @Strobe and Deluxe Auto-grabber and I managed to get it to work with 1.5 without the need to replant any crops, with Global Forage set to ON and without causing issues with Golden Walnuts, I've uploaded my version below, it uses the source from here: https://github.com/Pathoschild/smapi-mod-dump/tree/1a8bafc1b62b8cb99f59384a0e9679366339803e/source/Deluxe%20Auto-Grabber/DeluxeGrabber

TL/DR:
-This version will not cause the DivideByZero Exception and will work 100% to collect global forage, it will not attempt to collect Golden Walnuts in the Island maps.
-This version does not yet attempt to grab new items from 1.5, if you guys could provide me a list of new item Id's of the new forageable items, I'd be glad to make this update.

I'd like to get in touch with @Strobe to make sure I'm using the same source he's using and collaborate to fully update the Mod, if you get this, PM me plz :)

-The DivideByZero Exception is caused by the maxHarvestIncreasePerFarmingLevel property of the Crop object being returned as 0 for Coffee beans and perhaps other Crops too. I don't know the previous version values (if anyone knows, let me know), so right now I've changed it so it either uses the existing value or, if it is zero, reverts to 1. This Exception literally stops the processing of the grabber on the start of each day, hence why we didn't get all the fruits from trees or forageable items, but still got a few.

-The Golden Walnuts are collected from a Bush Object, the original mod author coded Bushes to be collected when blooming, but made the types of berries static in code, so, in Sping, it collects Salmonberries, and in Fall, it collects Blackberries. However, this causes an issue with the new Golden Walnuts, because they are also collected from Bushes (the first one you get and a few others) but are neither Salmonberries nor Blackberries. If you are in either Spring or Fall, the previous code would just create the respective berry in your global grabber and delete the Walnut - So some of your Berries would actually be the Golden Walnut. - In case you already played in 1.5 with your savefile, you cannot get the Walnuts to be placed back, however, you can spawn them with CJB Item Spawner or, if you want, get a previous save from 1.4.5 and load into that one, your Golden Walnuts will be correctly in place when using this version of Deluxe Auto-Grabber.

I hope this can be helpful and I'd like to get your feedback, I plan on updating the mod to gather the new items and work better with the Islands, but for now, this will be functional.
I think I used another source: https://github.com/Pathoschild/CoopGrabber this one is much older! You might have gotten a better source code, actually!

2xpeter

Cowpoke
Hey guys!

TL/DR:

Oh thank u! I can't wait to get home and test it. I rely so much on this mod.

I will get the new item codes as soon as I get home. There's a debug mode on look up anything to find them

2xpeter

Cowpoke
Nevermind found it, 829 is ginger. I think that's the only new foraging item.

I can't remember right now but I think it doesn't work on the coral on the new island. But neither does the harvest scythe. I'm not sure what that means or if it's even related but if u know I would appreciate the info

Frogfrag

Greenhorn
Nevermind found it, 829 is ginger. I think that's the only new foraging item.

I can't remember right now but I think it doesn't work on the coral on the new island. But neither does the harvest scythe. I'm not sure what that means or if it's even related but if u know I would appreciate the info
Thanks! I'll start to make a list of those ID's and implement them later today or tomorrow - depends on how much I'll be playing hahaha.

So, it actually only grabs forageables from a preset list, that's why it can't grab new items, I believe that once I update that internal list, it will be able to harvest ginger as well, because the requirement for the scythe is a property of the crop, and it already reads it for other crops.

It's a similar thing for Fruit Trees, it should work with all the new trees without any issue, as longs as they behave and can be treated the same way as the older ones.

Hirayuki

Tiller
Thanks for this--it should help a lot of people. I'm completely mystified because I've been using the same version of the mod (2.5.2-unofficial.5-Strobe) with my new 1.5 game and have had absolutely none of the issues reported here. Global forage and crops work fine (not for new 1.5 forage, but that's reasonable; I'm very early in my first year, so I don't mind not getting late-game goodies); no divide-by-zero errors. I'm certainly not complaining--just thoroughly confused!

Actually, I may be having one issue with my version: no XP. Frogfrag, does your version correctly give XP for gathering forage and harvesting crops?