Unofficial mod updates

Wakazu

Greenhorn
Everyone is working diligently to update whatever mods they can, and every day there are hundreds of requests not only on this forum but on Nexus as well. Please remember that people updating are doing it on their own time and are not being paid to update these mods. If you have time, I recommend viewing the Stardew Wiki to learn how to update mods yourself and joining the Stardew Valley channel on Discord in case you run into trouble when creating or updating your mod.
I know you said you didn't intend it, but this comes off pretty rude. You aren't entitled to updates, my guy. You're free to request them, but these are free services that we do on our own time, at our own levels and interests. If no one else wants to pick it up, you aren't owed an explanation why, and you're free to update it yourself
*sigh* I knew I'm gonna be misunderstood...
Guys, I'm not trying to guilt-trip people into working for free, I'm honestly trying to figure out *why* people don't want to deal with those mods. Is it because those two are very complicated and I'm asking too much? Is it because the whole "yandere" theme just makes people uncomfortable? Maybe I just worded my post wrong and if I rephrase it, somebody may agree to give it a shot.
I want to figure out what went wrong and how to do right, if I can. That's why I'm asking.

Agent Lyoko

Farmhand
*sigh* I knew I'm gonna be misunderstood...
Guys, I'm not trying to guilt-trip people into working for free, I'm honestly trying to figure out *why* people don't want to deal with those mods. Is it because those two are very complicated and I'm asking too much? Is it because the whole "yandere" theme just makes people uncomfortable? Maybe I just worded my post wrong and if I rephrase it, somebody may agree to give it a shot.
I want to figure out what went wrong and how to do right, if I can. That's why I'm asking.
Assuming you're asking in good faith, it's really just a "no one wants to/can do so". Your original post is basically coming off as "why aren't people updating the mods I want?" which... well, aside from being a problem, you could say that about every mod in this thread (I personally am still hoping/waiting on Multiple Floor Farmhouse getting an unofficial update, but I wait roughly 40 pages in-between asking!). Everybody wants some mod updated, but unless someone's willing to put in the work, and there's a myriad of reasons why someone might not (they can't code it, they don't want to code a Yandere mod, they don't want to update it and then have to do upkeep on the mod itself, they don't have IRL time, and more reasons I'm not going to continue listing).

I'm also going to be brutally honest - if it shouldn't be hard to get it to work, I can turn your question right back around at you. If it's simple, why are you not putting in the work to update them? You could do so for personal modding (I personally have a copy of Shiko that uses the 1.6 method of adding NPCs, though due to permissions reasons I'm never putting that to the public, so you could do something similar for those). In general, I would keep to the following maxim when asking for an unofficial mod update: if you can't do it yourself, then you will have to be patient and, more importantly, understand you run the risk of it never getting updated to your specifications.

(Short version: People might just not want to. Asking for people to do so is fine, but saying "why hasn't anyone done it??" comes off as entitled, especially since if it's truly as simple as you say it should be possible for you to update it.)

meggiee

Planter
Hello! I come here with a strange question: how can I find the grid values for maps? To explain, I realized that Make Gunther Real and Extra Museum Space have a small issue together, since Gunther room ends up in the extra room created by Extra Museum Space, and I am trying to see if I can just move the room a little down, so it's not in the way, but I have absolutely no idea what values I have to change.
I know this is the part that has to be modified
"Action": "EditMap",
"Target": "Maps/ArchaeologyHouse",
"FromFile": "assets/ArchaeologyApartment.tbin",
"ToArea": { "X": 49, "Y": 0, "Width": 21, "Height": 20 },
"MapProperties": {
"Doors": "60 9 1 120 61 14 1 120"

but is there some kind of resource with grids and X and Y values of all the various buildings, or is this a trial and error situation?

laitz

Greenhorn

would love if anyone would be interested in porting this, it has so many old dependencies but i would love anither festival

laitz

Greenhorn
maybe a long shot but i feel like these could be updated too (im a big enjoyer of new festivals)

both are mod jam ones but maybe it’s still possible :o

CakeyBunz

Greenhorn
with the ability to build more buildings off the farm robin is extremely busy and her working into the night is extremely unrealistic and its hard to interact with her. Could anyone possibly update this mod by aedenthorn, Robin Work hours , that gives her realistic work hours so she can still do some of her daily schedule. She actually walks to work everyday and leaves around 5pm letting you still gift her and speak to her. It doesnt extend build time or anything.

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/11244

NoraCharles

Farmhand
Hello! I come here with a strange question: how can I find the grid values for maps? To explain, I realized that Make Gunther Real and Extra Museum Space have a small issue together, since Gunther room ends up in the extra room created by Extra Museum Space, and I am trying to see if I can just move the room a little down, so it's not in the way, but I have absolutely no idea what values I have to change.
I know this is the part that has to be modified
"Action": "EditMap",
"Target": "Maps/ArchaeologyHouse",
"FromFile": "assets/ArchaeologyApartment.tbin",
"ToArea": { "X": 49, "Y": 0, "Width": 21, "Height": 20 },
"MapProperties": {
"Doors": "60 9 1 120 61 14 1 120"

but is there some kind of resource with grids and X and Y values of all the various buildings, or is this a trial and error situation?
You can check tile coordinates in-game with a mod like Debug Mode. Or you can download the map editor Tiled so that you can open map files (tmx/tbin format) and check coordinates or edit maps in Tiled. For that, you'll also need to unpack the game files using StardewXnbHack so that you have access to vanilla maps & tilesheets. See the modding wiki Maps page for more info.

meggiee

Planter
You can check tile coordinates in-game with a mod like Debug Mode. Or you can download the map editor Tiled so that you can open map files (tmx/tbin format) and check coordinates or edit maps in Tiled. For that, you'll also need to unpack the game files using StardewXnbHack so that you have access to vanilla maps & tilesheets. See the modding wiki Maps page for more info.
Thank you! I've been having trouble with that, now I know where to look:blush:

errcha

Greenhorn
Does anyone know how to fix this mod?
Realistic Name
SMAPI say it no longer compatible.

I only understand CP mod edit but don't know how to fix other mod

Do I need to edit the manifest file or .dll?

I want to learn how if possible

Bacterio

Newcomer
so smapi told me to update my adventurers guild mod but now the slime crystal related stuff are now errors. do i wait for an update?

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, I removed several posts from this thread for
1.) going off topic
and
2.) being unnecessarily rude. Everyone was contributing, not just one or two people. If you find yourself arguing with someone, drop it because you're also contributing to derailing the thread.

I expect everyone to be civil here, treat every question as a legitimate one. You don't have to answer every question someone asks, and if you find the questions to be rude in nature, you can just report it (which we will see). Similarly, if someone answers your question, it's best to just accept it there and move on. Lastly, don't call people names. It doesn't matter how annoying you find someone, being rude is being rude and those attitudes are not and never will be welcome here.

I don't want to be forced to lock a thread that is so popular and so old on the forums but I will if no one can behave themselves.

If you have any questions/comments/concerns, message me or the other mods. Don't reply to this post. Thanks

Texxlady

Cowpoke
Anyone know if the unofficial update for Non Destructive NPCs has been updated since it broke again?

[SMAPI] - Non Destructive NPCs 1.0.0 because it's no longer compatible. Please check for a new version at https://smapi.io/mods

NoraCharles

Farmhand
The functionality provide by this mod was made part of the base game. NPCs will now push the items out of the way.
I think that only applies to chests, not other items? Changelog just says "NPCs now shove chests out of their way instead of destroying them." (But idk what the game's code actually does.)

Floripa

Newcomer
For a very long time before 1.6 rolled out I used in my gameplay a lovely mod from Naver, called Iyatho Mine Meteorite CRC Mod (the name is in Korean but that's the translation according to google translate, the one in the image was the old google translation). I loved it so much that I even translated the full guide that the author provided (attached below as readme #1 #2 #3 and #4) in order to learn how to use it.

View attachment 21025View attachment 21027

Unfortunately the author hasn't been active anymore as a modder since 2021, but they gave full permissions to modify it (as shown again in the image readme_4 attached below and on the post I linked):

View attachment 21026View attachment 21028

It unfortunately has Custom Resource Clumps as dependency (which doesn't work anymore), but since it seems that Item Extension Framework from what I read provides the same functionality I was wondering if anyone would be able to port it for IEF. It's such a pretty and well-thought out mod and I used it all the time, so it would be great if it could be salvaged somehow.
That is my dream mod, i would love if someone was able to update it

Oceanine

Greenhorn
I think that only applies to chests, not other items? Changelog just says "NPCs now shove chests out of their way instead of destroying them." (But idk what the game's code actually does.)
Yeah, I've had times where they've pushed the recycling machines by my chests right into the water, so the mod's still useful for me!