Unofficial mod updates

AndyAllanPoe

Cowpoke
I fixed/updated the mod Canon-Friendly Dialogue Expansion for All Friend-able Characters:
- fixed error in content.json
- moved Egg Festival dialogue of year 2 to year 4 to avoid conflict with new official year 2 dialogue
- light testing for character dialogues
- reformatting and validtaion of json files

V2:
- reverted the change of moving egg festival dialogue to year 4 since the game seem to force official year 2 dialogue of egg festival every two years (2,4,6 etc.). The modded year 2 dialogue of egg festival can randomly appear after year 3.
Question, is there also the gender neutral version available?

AndyAllanPoe

Cowpoke
Note that Bug Net isn't really compatible right now due to a crashing bug caused by a conflict between SpaceCore and PyTK. The authors are aware of it and are working on a fix.
I found out that a way to make sure your game doesn't crash on save is to always have the bugnet on ur personal inventory instead of a chest!

birdie

Greenhorn
Hi i am Kelvin Rosa (kelvinparkour) , i did the BFAV unofficial update to 1.5.
The unofficial update is based on the "mouseypounds" 3.0 update. As some other users mentioned it is working.
Seriously, thank you so much for this! It works beautifully.

waffles

Farmhand
You might be right that's it's Furniture Anywhere that I may be thinking of. I hope I'm incorrect that CF isn't abandoned, then, because it really is a mod I love to use! Thanks for the clarification :)
Same! I have so much custom furniture ingame as well :( Good thing I haven't updated CP and smapi yet, but updating is inevitable :(

KingJoshington

Greenhorn
Someone else asked about it, but I couldn't find a reply, is anyone around who's planning/working on updating starblue valley? I need me some prettier colors 😔
I think it was me who asked. I actually found a (better?) solution: Vibrant Pastoral Recolor
It works great and is beautiful. I think I like it even more than Starblue (although I still really enjoy Starblue's trees). Give this a look! It's new so it's compatible with the game now (no missing/glitched textures that I've seen) and more is being worked on.

Frogfrag

Greenhorn
@Frogfrag is there anyway to make it so that the global forager DOESN'T pick up certain items? For example, ideally, I'd like to have a separate auto-grabber that picks up truffles near my barn, but with the current setup all the truffles go to the global auto-grabber.
It is possible, however, I am not sure if it would be interesting for most players. It would create the need for more setup that most people probably won't be using. It would require changes to the configuration files scheme (making it incompatible with current configs) and also require players to set up a second grabber location, and maybe more settings to adjust this second grabber.

Frogfrag

Greenhorn
I've noticed with this mod that crops like cranberries and coffee beans only return one harvestable item per plant, when they are supposed to produce multiples. I ended up using Junimo Huts for those. Is that what you were talking about regarding the DivideByZero Exception? However, the grabber works just fine otherwise. It didn't collect golden walnuts but I had already gotten the bush ones anyway by the time I installed the mod.
That's something my updated version attempts to fix. The problem is not related with the exception per se, but happens in the same line, I've described it in more detail here.

In my last update I've made changes to that algorithm to allow it to pick up from 1 up to the maxHarvest value for that crop, it uses the player farming level and maxHarvestIncreasePerFarmingLevel to determine how many more units can be harvested.

Flyff

Tiller
That's something my updated version attempts to fix. The problem is not related with the exception per se, but happens in the same line, I've described it in more detail here.

In my last update I've made changes to that algorithm to allow it to pick up from 1 up to the maxHarvest value for that crop, it uses the player farming level and maxHarvestIncreasePerFarmingLevel to determine how many more units can be harvested.
noticed that ginger become purple star with forage skill and the crops harvest by grabber only reach gold star with deluxe fertilizer.
it's acceptable to me tho.

Hirayuki

Tiller
I looked at Joys of Efficiency and it does look neat, but way too many features than I'd be comfortable using. I'd use the animal doors, and maybe that auto gate ;) My question though- does it cause any lag at all? If I disable all of the features I'm not wanting and just use the one or two I need that's cool, but don't want any lag.
This is exactly and only what I'm using Joys of Efficiency for (even though I'm using a ton of mods otherwise), and it works just great. Zero lag, and I consider it a bonus to be able to sliiiiiide through those gates. :)

BebopCola

Newcomer
AutoAnimalDoors
The logic of opening and closing doors has been updated.
Because the 1.5 update modified the trigger logic of animaldoor, now use another operation instead.
Instructions(Very Important):
After you set the time in the Config file, hold down the right mouse button until the time changes, and a prompt will pop up in the lower left corner.
E.g: The time to open the door is 7:30,You can hold down the right mouse button at 7:40 until the time jumps to 7:50

P.S. If anyone knows how to send the right mouse button command in the code, please report me, I will modify the logic to use it in a more convenient way.

update1.2:Repair the Hudmessage cannot be displayed when the building is under Construction.
I got to thinking about this. Seems with the given fix to make it at least partially compatible with 1.5, the only way to complete the open/close action is to basically remember to right-click at the time specified in the config file for the doors to open or close. If you don't, then nothing happens.

Would it be possible instead to have a custom notification come up, or a "mission/quest" alert, present at the appropriate time? The player could then click a button to "approve" the doors opening/closing.

It's not ideal, but at least it wouldn't require that the player remember when they wanted the doors to open or close and to remember to hold the right mouse button at that time. Alternatively, maybe the notice at the bottom left of the screen could come up just before the specified time, to serve as a reminder rather than a confirmation.

Frogfrag

Greenhorn
noticed that ginger become purple star with forage skill and the crops harvest by grabber only reach gold star with deluxe fertilizer.
it's acceptable to me tho.
Yep, the first part is because the code I used is the same for other things like Spring Onions.

The second part though, I'll have to look in more detail, it's sure not related to anything I've changed, it was probably already behaving like that. But I hope it has been helpful :)