Unofficial mod updates

Pathoschild

Planter
My programmer husband has updated Aedenthorn's Enhanced Loot Magnet to work with 1.6. (I thought this would be the easiest of the mods still on my list...I was wrong.)

SMAPI gives a warning for it using code that will be deprecated in a new release of Generic Mod Config Menu, but otherwise it's been tested (a little, anyway) and works as intended/desired. I don't know how or if this should be put up on Nexus, but for now: enjoy!
Thanks! Here's the same update, but using the unofficial version format to avoid breaking update alerts.

Attachments

Pathoschild

Planter
Hey everybody.

I started to learn how to create Mods and updated Casual Life from adverserath that was not working anymore with the 1.6 update.

Also, as I'm brazilian, I added i18n and pt translation to it. If any of you want to add your own language I'll be really happy about it :)
Thanks! Here's the same update, but using the unofficial version format to avoid breaking update alerts.

Attachments

greg6

Greenhorn
Thank you for the unofficial update. But I want to ask how exactly do you use the mod? It has two folders. Do I put both folders in the main SDV Mods folder?
Yes, place both folders in mods. Second necessity for an additional boss
=)

Last edited:

CassiniBeats

Newcomer
Seen a few people mentioning Adopt N' Skin (Nexus) but no mention of its current status as far as unofficial updates. I see the original creator has contact information right on the Nexus page for modders to help update it to SMAPI 4.0. Has anyone taken a crack at this?

TheTevinterElf

Greenhorn
heya folks! :>
first of all: thank you for all the work you do. I've been a lurker for forever, but I really am glad you're doing all this work >< ♥
second of all: I wasn't sure where to post this, mostly because of not wanting to step on anybody's toes! and it's not a full mod in any way, really. but I recoloured the button of the mod updater / the mod update menu to fit with the sakura interface redux ( much like it exists for the GMCM on the sakura interface's mod page ), and I was wondering whether I'd be allowed to post it here so people could just paste the image into their assets folder? or should I message the person who maintains the sakura interface redux mod?

Last edited:

millsj13

Sodbuster
Permission has been granted, and the JA bugs have been fixed, so here's my unofficial update of Adventurer's Guild Expanded (the actual files this time!)

Requirements are the same (CP, Expanded Precondition Utility, JsonAssets, SpaceCore), and this is only the content as I didn't touch the music pack
What is the difference from the update here?

KittyKatja

Newcomer
I thought I'd make an updated request regarding the OnlyIridium mod, which has been marked as incompatible and no longer loads as of SMAPI update 4.0.8. The mod is not open source, and I haven't been able to get in touch with the mod author, so making an update is not really possible. However, there's another mod called Regular Quality that, among other things, does something very similar (alters the quality of every item that is put into your inventory). That mod IS open-source (source code is here), and the author has given permission to do whatever you want with their code, including using it to create new mods. I have no real coding or modding experience, but I think I've figured out what piece of code to copy and alter to create a mod to make all items iridium quality.

My first thought was to create such a mod myself, but unfortunately the integrated development environment suggested on the wiki says it doesn't work on my version of windows, and I can't actually update my windows version due to a BIOS issue. So, I was hoping that someone here could either recommend a suitable integrated development environment that runs on windows version 21H1 (build 19043.1466) OR that someone could cobble together an all iridium quality mod using the code from Regular Quality. I'm pretty sure the relevant code is this part:

/// <summary>Raised AFTER the player receives an item.</summary>
/// <param name="sender">The event sender.</param>
/// <param name="e">The event data.</param>
private void OnInventoryChanged(object sender, InventoryChangedEventArgs e)
{
// only update the inventory of the target player
if (!e.IsLocalPlayer) return;

IEnumerator<Item> enumerator = e.Added.GetEnumerator();
while (enumerator.MoveNext())
{
// not an item with a quality property, skip
if (!(enumerator.Current is StardewValley.Object item)) return;

// quality is already regular, nothing to do
// otherwise re-adding the item would "autosort" them to the first free slot when manually organizing the inventory
if (item.Quality == 0) return;

// remove quality
// because this happens only AFTER the item was added to the inventory,
// make a best effort to stack the item with an already existing stack
Game1.player.removeItemFromInventory(item);
item.Quality = 0;
Game1.player.addItemToInventory(item);
}
}

Where I figure one would have to change the "item.Quality == 0" parts to "item.Quality == 3" for Iridium quality. But again, no modding or coding experience, so there might be more to it than that...

Either way, would love some help, and if you make a mod using this code, be sure to credit JustToDownloadThings for it.

thiiirdperson

Newcomer
Fine, I'll do it myself.

Learned how to work with SMAPI mods to bring y'all Festival of the Mundane updated for 1.6!
Thanks for this! My kid is loving it!

Is there a way to talk to the void people in the festival in this version? I've seen videos where the masks let you talk to them, but no matter which one I wear, I get kicked out for trying to start a chat with someone.

lianace

Cowpoke

teebenji

Greenhorn
What is the difference from the update here?
The one on nexus only requires CP the one on this form still requires Expanded Precondition Utility, JsonAssets, SpaceCore

Saah

Cowpoke
Could anyone convert DustBeauty's Succulents? It includes 2 crops and 10 craftable succulents. Their about me section on their profile states: "If my mod is broken by new game updates, and your contact send to me is not answered for more than a month, you can share the conversion or your fixed file for the benefits of others." They have not been active since 2021.

I've messaged them, see you in a month!

Toshigo

Newcomer
Hey there! What's the latest buzz surrounding the 'Wedding Tweaks' mod? Any hints on when we can expect the next update to drop?

Agent Lyoko

Farmhand
Hey there! What's the latest buzz surrounding the 'Wedding Tweaks' mod? Any hints on when we can expect the next update to drop?
Wedding Tweaks was by Aedenthorn, who is on indefinite hiatus, so there is no current project to update it specifically (it also has to be completely rewritten for 1.6 due to how weddings now work). Polyamory Sweet is the only mod that currently has a version of it updated (PolyamorySweetWedding in its files) - no one's made an unofficial of it on its own (unlike Free Love and its submods, although Free Love's unofficial hasn't been updated in a bit).

TL:DR; if you don't use PolySweet, there's no current project and none currently in the works otherwise.

Xen0nex

Tiller
...snip...
Thanks!
...snip...
I've attached the compiled and uncompiled versions with the manifest version as 1.1.1-unofficial.3, but let me know if there is a more convenient way through github I should be doing something like this.
With the 1.6.6 update fixing
Mastery Point
gains for non-Farming skills, I've edited the config descriptions for GMCM to remove mention of the buggy behavior in 1.6.4, and reworded many of them to hopefully be clearer and easier to understand in general (no changes to any of the underlying code or mechanics, which already circumvented the bugged 1.6.4 vanilla behavior). Uploading the compiled and uncompiled versions here as 1.1.1-unofficial.4.

Attachments