Unofficial mod updates

Hi, my dear ones!
Could someone update these two mods to 1.6 and just for Content Patcher?
It looks like the two are not being updated for a long time...
Since now, many thanks!

Unless someone gets explicit permission from the mod author we are not allowed to update and share that mod. Under permissions it says that you are not allowed to upload the file anywhere else, and you must get permission before modifying the files.

LunarDirk

Greenhorn
Hi there! Sorry to bother, but does anyone know of a mod that removes the kitchen in the farmhouse? I used to use Asterisk's No Kitchen mod, but it's been taken down after the update and I'd hate to bother them about it since they have a lot of updating to do already.

Thanks!

neonvampire

Newcomer
Unofficial update for Badass Sam by Apogirl02

Changes:
Added new beach sprites and beach portraits as well as 2 missing portraits for the regular Sam file and made it CP compatible.
Has both pink and blonde version in it, blonde is the default. More in read me file inside on how to use pink.

Original mod:
Badass Sam (compiled mods Sam Great hair and Alternative Sam) at Stardew Valley Nexus - Mods and community

mods that this mod uses
Sam and the Great Haircut (Portrait and Character mod) at Stardew Valley Nexus - Mods and community
Alternative Sam at Stardew Valley Nexus - Mods and community

Permission acquired through reddit.
is there going to be an update for 1.6 for this?

rapturee.

Greenhorn
The mod author was just active on Nexus today so hopefully an update soon? If that's all that needs to be fixed it'd take like less than 5 minutes, but their permissions say others can't update.
ohh, okay! ty for the comment, i didn’t realize they’d been active. i’m hoping for an update soon!

lianace

Cowpoke
Hi my loves! I leave you here an abandoned mod: another one that the owner has also left aside. In case someone wants to update it, it has a lot of potential and I think it is quite loved by the community (myself included). If someone creates an update for this mod, please notify it. Thank you!

This author does not have open permissions to update this mod, or to upload it to other sites, so unfortunately unless anyone can reach out to the mod author and get permission from them, it's unlikely it'll get an update since this thread and nexus requires permission to update mods (even unofficial ones).

Jazzcat

Tiller
Hi everyone,
I have a question for which I have not been able to find an answer. Do JA mods still work in 1.6, or is there a way to edit the config, manifest or content files to make them work? I LOVE Fashion Sense, but not for my outfits. I want them all nice and lined up in sets in chests, one chest for each season. I use a LOT of outfits in my games. I would appreciate if someone would let me know if there is a way to do this, or break my heart and make me realize I have to give up my OCD SDV wardrobe.
Thanks in advance!

Serenaa98

Greenhorn
This author does not have open permissions to update this mod, or to upload it to other sites, so unfortunately unless anyone can reach out to the mod author and get permission from them, it's unlikely it'll get an update since this thread and nexus requires permission to update mods (even unofficial ones).
I understand that the person who created it said via discord that he could no longer continue editing them, and that he had lost interest in Stardew Valley. That's why I say that I believe that he did say that he would leave everything abandoned. For the rest, I hope someone does it, not for nothing, but because it is a great mod, and it is a shame that due to life circumstances, it is not going to be updated. and it is not out of patience since there are other mods, which although they are not updated, their creators have already confirmed that they will provide updates such as HD Portraits.

Saah

Cowpoke
I understand that the person who created it said via discord that he could no longer continue editing them, and that he had lost interest in Stardew Valley. That's why I say that I believe that he did say that he would leave everything abandoned. For the rest, I hope someone does it, not for nothing, but because it is a great mod, and it is a shame that due to life circumstances, it is not going to be updated. and it is not out of patience since there are other mods, which although they are not updated, their creators have already confirmed that they will provide updates such as HD Portraits.
Did the author actually say other people could update the mod? Abandoned doesn't mean free for all. Going inside an abandoned house is still trespassing.

FarmerChris

Greenhorn
Sounds great! Here's all the code files.
Plus hopefully being on github will make it more likely to show up on the smapi.io mod compatibility list for people to find? I'm not really sure how it works but the wiki instructions make several mentions to github, so hopefully this could let more people know there's a 1.6 version of the mod available somewhere.
Ok I've uploaded the code to GitHub and also added a release so people can download it directly from there: https://github.com/gamerchrisjd/JahangmarStardew/releases/tag/v1.1.1

The only change I made was to the manifest file to follow the SMAPI recommendations for unofficial updates - the version number is now 1.1.1-unofficial.2

Hopefully this is everything that is needed for SMAPI to be updated and the mod be available to download from GitHub.

Last edited:

Serenaa98

Greenhorn
Did the author actually say other people could update the mod? Abandoned doesn't mean free for all. Going inside an abandoned house is still trespassing.
It is only known that it will not update them again. and that they didn't want them to ask him more, because he had lost interest in himself. He supposedly did it for fun but nothing more. I hope someone, if not also updates it unofficially, at least creates a pretty cool copy. It is a very addictive mod, and seeing how it can be forgotten is very sad.

Agent Lyoko

Farmhand
It is only known that it will not update them again. and that they didn't want them to ask him more, because he had lost interest in himself. He supposedly did it for fun but nothing more. I hope someone, if not also updates it unofficially, at least creates a pretty cool copy. It is a very addictive mod, and seeing how it can be forgotten is very sad.
Unfortunately, this sounds like they did not give permission, which means any unofficial updates cannot happen. If someone does, they would be going against the author's permissions, which is not allowed. If one was posted here, the forum moderators would likely have to take action against the poster.

Serenaa98

Greenhorn
Unfortunately, this sounds like they did not give permission, which means any unofficial updates cannot happen. If someone does, they would be going against the author's permissions, which is not allowed. If one was posted here, the forum moderators would likely have to take action against the poster.
I understand, that way, the only thing that can be done is nothing. That seems very ugly to me on the part of the author.

Lenora Rose

Farmer
I understand, that way, the only thing that can be done is nothing. That seems very ugly to me on the part of the author.
This is forgetting that people are making this for little or no compensation, and for fun.

Not wanting your hard work taken and reused by others is not ugly, either; though I appreciate those who are generous with their code it does not follow that I think everyone must be.

Meanwhile, here's a similar idea.

LukaPawzFarm

Cowpoke
Unless someone gets explicit permission from the mod author we are not allowed to update and share that mod. Under permissions it says that you are not allowed to upload the file anywhere else, and you must get permission before modifying the files.
I understand.
Thank you so much for the reply, my dear.
Hope the authors update these mods, I miss my winter crops so much...