Solved Unable to Open Inventory (solved)

AstraPlaneta

Newcomer
I don't remember how this issue began, but I started the next day in a save file and about halfway through the day my e and esc stopped working. Every time I press either button, it would make my game slow down (like, animated stuff would stop moving). I tried playing in a new save file and the controls work just fine in the new file. If this sheds any light on the situation: I do play with mods.

I just want to find a solution because I would hate to be forced to make a new game because then I would lose all of the progress I made in this particular save :(

Any advice would be helpful!

EDIT: I figured out my problem! For anyone who happens to stumble across this post and wants to know what my fix was, here it is: one of my npc mods wasn't loading its portraits at all (so I guess the game wasn't letting me open the inventory beacuse the portrait wasn't loading correctly in the relationships tab? That's my theory at least). I just had to redownload the mod that was missing the portraits and lo an behold, I can open my inventory again!

Last edited:

lildev089

Newcomer
I'm having this issue now, too! could you possibly tell me what mod it was that you were using? I'm thinking mine is Ridgeside Village, but I cant be too sure.