Transferring from mobile to switch?

Blu3b3rry

Farmhand
This is kinda 2 questions in one but, as the title suggests i wanted to know if it was possible to transfer game data from a mobile phone to a switch.
As well as if because mobile is only updated to 1.4 and switch is 1.5 if that would be an issue or if the save file from my phone would still be in 1.4? :smile:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I answered in opposite order of the questions asked.
No, vice versa wouldn’t work but plugging a 1.4 save into 1.5 has basically no issues.
You can but would have to run it through a pc first, acting like the medium through the two, I don’t know if you would need a cracked switch but I think it’s a possibility.
Good luck with your research and post what you find too, I’d love to know.

Blu3b3rry

Farmhand
I answered in opposite order of the questions asked.
No, vice versa wouldn’t work but plugging a 1.4 save into 1.5 has basically no issues.
You can but would have to run it through a pc first, acting like the medium through the two, I don’t know if you would need a cracked switch but I think it’s a possibility.
Good luck with your research and post what you find too, I’d love to know.
welp i dont have a computer that could handle that sadly, it can barely run jack. nor do i want to jailbreak my switch sooooo ill just live with making a new save on the switch. tysm!

imnvs

Local Legend
Yes, you can transfer saves and this link will give you the details:

I do not believe you need to jailbreak anything to do this. You just need to get a particular switch app called JKSV.

Still, with Android still being on 1.4 and Switch on 1.5... an Android device can not play a 1.5 save from your Switch. A switch can take a 1.4 save from your Android and play... but as soon as you save, it'll be a 1.5 save and if transferred back to the Android device can not be played on it. This means that currently you can really only transfer one way functionally... but as soon as Android gets the update (which we've been waiting on for a while, I will admit, there being technical and legal delays along with the creator making a big change and self-publishing, breaking off ties to the folks that were publishing the game and doing the port to mobile) you will be able to transfer back and forth.

Blu3b3rry

Farmhand
Yes, you can transfer saves and this link will give you the details:

I do not believe you need to jailbreak anything to do this. You just need to get a particular switch app called JKSV.

Still, with Android still being on 1.4 and Switch on 1.5... an Android device can not play a 1.5 save from your Switch. A switch can take a 1.4 save from your Android and play... but as soon as you save, it'll be a 1.5 save and if transferred back to the Android device can not be played on it. This means that currently you can really only transfer one way functionally... but as soon as Android gets the update (which we've been waiting on for a while, I will admit, there being technical and legal delays along with the creator making a big change and self-publishing, breaking off ties to the folks that were publishing the game and doing the port to mobile) you will be able to transfer back and forth.
A bit unrelated but you do seem real knowledgeable, when 1.5 eventually comes out for android do you know if old saves will update. i kinda doubt they will but i dunno. What im really getting at is i dont wanna have to abandon a 3 year save file for the new (old now) updated stuff.

Lew Zealand

Helper
A bit unrelated but you do seem real knowledgeable, when 1.5 eventually comes out for android do you know if old saves will update. i kinda doubt they will but i dunno. What im really getting at is i dont wanna have to abandon a 3 year save file for the new (old now) updated stuff.
Old saves will definitely update. I've played since v1.3 on PC, Mac, and mobile and all my saves have updated to be used with new v1.4 (and v1.5 on PC/Mac) content. You can continue to use your current 3 year save and any others you might start.

Blu3b3rry

Farmhand
Old saves will definitely update. I've played since v1.3 on PC, Mac, and mobile and all my saves have updated to be used with new v1.4 (and v1.5 on PC/Mac) content. You can continue to use your current 3 year save and any others you might start.
tysm i was honestly really worried about that!

imnvs

Local Legend
Yeah, absolutely, that's why you'd be able to play your mobile save on Switch, but not vice versa, because the Switch running 1.5 can load a 1.4 save just fine.