Suggestions for creatures and fur patterns?

I've been working on a little animal mod for fun and at the moment I have the rabbits, pigs and horse done! I'm also going to be making an "different creature" mod (mainly so I can add ferrets and other fun animals) and I wanted to know if there were any kind of creatures people would like to suggest for that? I also thought it would be fun to add peoples pets as designs for the animals so if anyone wanted to post a photo they could and they may see they're buddy in the mod! currently it works for adopt n skin since that's easiest for a first time mod but I'm always open to suggestions for other things too. Here's a quick preview for the horse! there's a lot of customization options and the hair and the chain on the medieval armor bounces when the horse runs too! so cute so far (or at least I think so). x3

Last edited:
I love the brown shaggy horse! They're all so cute I could die.

But my suggestion for more unique animals would be:

Foxes, hamsters, and red pandas.
thank you for the suggestions! I actually have a fox started (not sure if I want to make it a pet or a barn animal) and the red panda is such a neat idea! I know there's another hamster mod out there but they are a really cute idea. Thank you!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Wow those are nice, I like the more shaggy and realistic looking ones and it would be sick if a mod placed stardew in a colder climate with animals that were used to it

Wow those are nice, I like the more shaggy and realistic looking ones and it would be sick if a mod placed stardew in a colder climate with animals that were used to it
Thank you! I was dabbling with making a ridable polar bear (though I still need to fix up my sprite since it old and icky) and thought about doing a winter wildlife/animal mod for a while so it's definitely a possibility in the future!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Thank you! I was dabbling with making a ridable polar bear (though I still need to fix up my sprite since it old and icky) and thought about doing a winter wildlife/animal mod for a while so it's definitely a possibility in the future!
Yeah just a total texture overhaul for winter themed valley would be so cool in my eyes, you could even pay more for animals like pigs but that produced in winter or animals that only produced high quality produce only in the high heat months.