Stupid (but not) Stardew Theories

I still like the theory that nobody notices or reacts to nobody aging because they're actually all elves and live for hundreds of years; it's just normal to them. This is why babies still grow up fast (learning to walk doesn't take any longer) but everything afterwards is the same ever after.

I prefer this to the time loop version or the "everyone is secretly dead" to explain why nothing changes but the babies.
Two different times, I have found the bone flute artifact by the mountain lake, near where Abigail plays her flute in summer. It's hers, she's 10,000 years old.

thatsmetttt

Farmhand
my personal theory is that you never actually go to the valley.

you always have grandpa's words in the back of your mind, but the fear of leaving your job and it not being worth it scares you. you end up working at joja forever, and eventually ends up just like that skeleton: dead. everything we see in the game is just you in your last moments imagining what could have happened if you actually listened to grandpa.

Bawby

Planter
my personal theory is that you never actually go to the valley.

you always have grandpa's words in the back of your mind, but the fear of leaving your job and it not being worth it scares you. you end up working at joja forever, and eventually ends up just like that skeleton: dead. everything we see in the game is just you in your last moments imagining what could have happened if you actually listened to grandpa.
Ah, an Owl Creek thing, eh? I would be down in the dumps for weeks if that were true!