Spawn rate for fish changed/bugged?

Doertie

Greenhorn
Hi all, since the update I have had the experience that the rates at which I caught several fish were terrible. For example, in a multiplayer game, I was asked to catch 3 sardines and despite fishing all day (and at a relatively low level, 5 max) I did catch basically every ocean fish except for sardine. Not even once. Not even with the training rod. At the same time, rarer fishes came up repeatedly.
Plus, I just tried the Qi quest with the legendary fish and despite cheating after some in-game-hours (fully automated fishing + time stopped), I could not get a Son of Crimsonfish after fishing my energy bar empty. It seems very odd.
Has anyone had the same experience? Maybe it's a bug? I'm in winter and the night market is open, maybe that stops the fish from spawning, as I had no problem catching the other ones...

Ereo

Helper
As far as I remember, the night market always stopped fish from spawning, you’d only catch trash as long as it was there.

Doertie

Greenhorn
As far as I remember, the night market always stopped fish from spawning, you’d only catch trash as long as it was there.
On the left side of the pier I only caught trash, yes, but on the right side I was able to catch regular ocean fish... Maybe I'll post this in the bug section

I didn't try for any legendary fish, but I had a quest to catch 20 ocean fish and caught over half during the night market a couple days ago. I fished from the pier where the coffee vender is located. Irridum rod with deluxe bait, no tackle. 1.6.3 on Linux.