SMAPI “Unhandled Exception” Issue on Mac

bairai

Newcomer
Hi friends,

I am typically pretty average with computers but I cannot for the life of me figure out what the issue is with my SMAPI install on my Mac.

My thoughts are that I have an old Mac running Sierra 10.12.6, but I run other games on this bad boy and have mods as well so was wondering if someone can lend insight or at least confirm my fears?

Here is the dialogue I’m getting when I go to install SMAPI :

Unhandled exception. System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'StardewModdingApi.Installer.Program' threw an exception.
---> System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load shared library 'libSystem.Native' or one of its dependencies. In order to help diagnose loading problems, consider setting the DYLD_PRINT_LIBRARIES environment variable: dlopen(liblibSystem.Native, 1): image not found
at Interop.Sys.GetNonCryptographicallySecureRandomBytes(Byte* , Int32 )
at Interop.GetRandomBytes(Byte* , Int32 )
at System.Guid.NewGuid()
at StardewModdingApi.Installer.Program..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at StardewModdingApi.Installer.Program.Main(String[] args)
/Users/baileighwindsor/Downloads/SMAPI 3.18.2 installer/install on macOS.command: line 6: 10792 Abort trap: 6 internal/macOS/SMAPI.Installer
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

thank you in advance!

Yea, either a missing; or more likely, outdated dependency.

I found this reddit thread with a user named; Aqvvl, claiming it was fixed by updating their computer:

Alternatively, you could try bypassing the installer, and doing a manual install:

There may still be issues, but might be worth a try.
You can always verify the game files, or reinstall the game if something messes up: