Proposal:Addition of Indonesian language support to Stardew Valley

Status
Not open for further replies.

=Yuzuki=

Farmhand
Hello everyone,

I would like to propose the addition of Indonesian language support to the game Stardew Valley. Indonesia has a large and enthusiastic gaming community, and I believe this addition will broaden the game's reach and appeal to players in Indonesia.

There are several reasons why adding Indonesian language support would be beneficial:

1. Expanding Player Base: Indonesia has a significant population of gamers who would greatly appreciate being able to play Stardew Valley in their native language. This would attract new players and retain existing ones within the Indonesian gaming community.
  2. Cultural Localization: Providing the game in Indonesian allows for better cultural localization, enhancing the gaming experience for Indonesian players by making the game more relatable and immersive.
  3. Accessibility and Inclusivity: Adding Indonesian language support promotes inclusivity by making the game accessible to a wider audience, including those who may not be fluent in English or other supported languages.
  4. Community Engagement: By listening to and responding to the needs of the Indonesian gaming community, the developers can foster a stronger relationship with players and demonstrate their commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive gaming experience.
I am confident this will be a positive step for both our developers and community.

Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to hearing feedback and support from all members of this forum.

Warm regards, =Yuzuki=

BurSangijo

Greenhorn
Adding an aditional language (bahasa indonesia) will be a MAJOR BREAKING move for our (indonesia) gaming community to play the game in a way that people here's speak, im a content creator from indonesia and i have a lot of feedback from people here who doesnt speak english that well. By adding the bahasa indonesia language, im pretty sure we would love to see it happening (i've tried to reach erick via Discord Dm since 2-4 months ago to propose a new language of our country language, but he wouldnt open people dm for sure since it would be a lot of dm on his dc acc)

but either way, this is my channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGpdd0l0kUxB9L7hxqrSstw (you can search my channel named "BurSangijo"

Best regards from our indonesia community-
Bursangijo / vickyy

double_depresso

Greenhorn
I agreed. Eventho personally I don't need it, It may helps other who doesnt speak/fluent in english. And to add, Indonesian gamers plays Harvest Moon BTN back in PSX days. Not because they like farming and hoarding grasses to Popuri, but because the game available in Indonesian (localize by a third party IIRC). This made the game extremely popular cause back there only 2 games got translated to Indonesian (HM BTN and Breath of Fire IV).

Please consider to add official Indonesian Language in the game. Thanks!

kyoo

Greenhorn
Stardew Valley is very popular in Indonesia, and many people complain because it doesn't speak English, I'm sure if there is Indonesian language in Stardew Valley this will really help the players and will increase people's interest in buying this game.

Ikon Diverifikasi Komunitas

Sorry if there are mistakes in my English because I'm not proficient in English.

I agree with this idea. This idea can be used as an investment to attract the interest of Indonesian players because many Indonesian players don't understand English so they don't enjoy the game flow because they don't understand the meaning of the conversations and so on so they become lazy about playing Stardew Valley. even though in my opinion and my friends Stardew Valley is an exciting game.

Please consider to add official Indonesian Language in the game. Thanks! ❤

U.Thon

Greenhorn
As SDV Player from Indonesia, I very agreed for this proposal its will be very next good step for our community in here, we already have our region discord server who has been recognized by stardew valley discord main server, our indo sdv discord server have a good amount of member ( player ), and imagine what will happen if our languange will added to our beloved game, the community from our nation will more growing and growing, so i really hope our " bahasa " will added soon.

terima kasih dan selamat malam :junicheer:

=Yuzuki=

Farmhand
Adding an aditional language (bahasa indonesia) will be a MAJOR BREAKING move for our (indonesia) gaming community to play the game in a way that people here's speak, im a content creator from indonesia and i have a lot of feedback from people here who doesnt speak english that well. By adding the bahasa indonesia language, im pretty sure we would love to see it happening (i've tried to reach erick via Discord Dm since 2-4 months ago to propose a new language of our country language, but he wouldnt open people dm for sure since it would be a lot of dm on his dc acc)

but either way, this is my channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGpdd0l0kUxB9L7hxqrSstw (you can search my channel named "BurSangijo"

Best regards from our indonesia community-
Bursangijo / vickyy
thankyou for supporting, we need to assist the community through content too

Chonker

Greenhorn
With the recent addition of the Indo SDV discord, the community has already grown alot. This will not only grow the player count, but help a large community be able to enjoy a game more that they love now, or for newer players to love later down the line. While it could be a little tough to add as many languages as possible, I believe the payoff is worth it to help grow the game and communities within the game.

Thank you for your consideration

=Yuzuki=

Farmhand
With the recent addition of the Indo SDV discord, the community has already grown alot. This will not only grow the player count, but help a large community be able to enjoy a game more that they love now, or for newer players to love later down the line. While it could be a little tough to add as many languages as possible, I believe the payoff is worth it to help grow the game and communities within the game.

Thank you for your consideration
:heart:

Zerta

Greenhorn
Stardew Valley players in Indonesia are quite active, And very worth it if Bahasa Indonesia to be included as an official language in the Stardew Valley game. It would be really cool if this game gave players a language they understand so they can enjoy the flow of this game more. So I really agree if Stardew Valley add Bahasa Indonesia

Saya zerta, selamat malam dan Terima kasih:thumbsup:

Mank_Black

Greenhorn
I think Indonesian is highly recommended and should be added to the language options in this game because as an Indonesian I understand the large population of our country and of course the large number of fans of this game. As a fellow fan of Harvestmoon Back to Nature since that time until now using a language that is understandable to us, allows an increase in new players who are still unfamiliar with this agricultural simulation genre.

=Yuzuki=

Farmhand
I think Indonesian is highly recommended and should be added to the language options in this game because as an Indonesian I understand the large population of our country and of course the large number of fans of this game. As a fellow fan of Harvestmoon Back to Nature since that time until now using a language that is understandable to us, allows an increase in new players who are still unfamiliar with this agricultural simulation genre.

its a very nostalgic game yet its similiar to stardew, hope Erick added Bahasa Indonesia Soon

Quirinea

Farmer
With a fast glance at Nexus mods, I found out that Indonesian translations already exist as mods (actually I saw a lot of mods translated into Indonesian). Yeah, unfortunately those only help the PC-players.
Have new official translations been added to the game lately?
I've been making the Finnish translation, and some time ago the base game got the possibility to actually add languages (so no need to replace a language)

One could imagine the game developers contacting the people who have been producing the mods

~Shira

Newcomer
Adding Indonesian language support to Stardew Valley will expand its player base in Indonesia, where there is a large gaming community. This will improve the gaming experience for Indonesian players, promote the game, and be a sign that the developer cares about the wider community.

Janepie__

Greenhorn
Great suggestion to add Indonesian language. Many Indonesian Stardew Valley players have been asking if the game can be played in Bahasa Indonesia or not, and this would definitely be a positive step for Stardew Valley. Indonesian gamers would love to experience the game in their native language.

Hopefully, we can see this implemented in the next update!

YuuKaruu

Greenhorn
With a fast glance at Nexus mods, I found out that Indonesian translations already exist as mods (actually I saw a lot of mods translated into Indonesian). Yeah, unfortunately those only help the PC-players.
Have new official translations been added to the game lately?
I've been making the Finnish translation, and some time ago the base game got the possibility to actually add languages (so no need to replace a language)

One could imagine the game developers contacting the people who have been producing the mods
I only know the modder who made it is named WisnuNug. He made several Indonesian translation mods.

=Yuzuki=

Farmhand
[Original message removed]
i think u miss the information, if u read the rules of this forum, u have to post in english language. why? because its international language, not all ppl in this forum is indonesian, and what do you mean by indonesia community is not part of stardew valley?

if u not sure about SDV indonesia community why u not join the discord first, and then get in touch with me.

even if ur indonesian, u dont like seems to agreed with this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.