Four Corners Farm Prism's Stardrop Farm

BellaHunter

Farmhand
So, I've been hesitant to do one of these... but here goes:

This is technically my second solo farm, but my first was lost. I learned a lot on that first, though, and I applied that to this farm. With that in mind, I think I'm doing really well. I currently just got to Winter 4 Year 3.

Things of note to mention:
-I still have two more fish ponds to build, and you can see them down there in the SW quadrant. (Still not sure what I'm going to do with the rest of that quadrant.)
-The SE quadrant is (during greener seasons) usually full of grass for the 36 critters I got in those buildings.
-The 4 sheds in the NE quadrant? One has all of my crafting stuff in there (furnaces, kilns, recyclers, looms, seed makers, chests, workbench). One has 132 kegs. One has 132 preserves jars. One has 66 kegs and 66 preserves jars, called my "Small Batch Shed". Things I produce en masse go to the sheds with 132 kegs or preserves jars, but the rest gets processed in that last shed.
-The NW quadrant recently had the shed added, and an image of the interior of that shed (dubbed my vanity shed) is included. I'm not sure if I want to do that one 1/2 and 1/2, or some other ratio.

(Screenies taken before doing any work around the farm on that day.)
View attachment 1883View attachment 1884View attachment 1885

(Also note that questions about things that are not common knowledge or about endgame content, remember to use a spoiler, folks.)
This is cool! Looking at this makes me want to attempt a 4 corners farm layout.

imnvs

Local Legend
This is cool! Looking at this makes me want to attempt a 4 corners farm layout.
4-Corners is my absolute favorite farm map. It has a lot of space (only standard has more), a smaller version of the perk from just about every other map, and it comes already partly sectioned up, making organizing it a breeze. Just know that the small connecting passages that connect the quadrants are blocked at the beginning (you'll need to upgrade axe and pickaxe both to steel in order to open all of these up), and otherwise all travel between quadrants has to go through that center area by the greenhouse. Oh, and I also love that the greenhouse and farm cave are centrally located on the map too.

Oh, and I have forgotten to keep folks updated on the time. I'm currently in Summer Year 4.

Master Angler achieved! Now what do I do with the 5 (gold quality all of them) legendary fish? Keep them in the fridge forever? I mean... I suppose I could sell them, but I don't need that money. I wish I could display them in something like the grange display case from the fair, but on my farm.
Oh! What about putting them on a board? I’m not sure exactly what they’re called but I think it’s like 10 stone or wood to create a sign which shows whatever you are holding when you right click on it.

imnvs

Local Legend
Oh! What about putting them on a board? I’m not sure exactly what they’re called but I think it’s like 10 stone or wood to create a sign which shows whatever you are holding when you right click on it.
I could make signs, yes... but you keep whatever you put on the sign, so I'd still have to find somewhere to put the fish themselves. 😉

THE GRIM

Tiller
Well, to get any fish at iridium quality requires a perfect catch... and with the legendary fish, that would be a tall order but still theoretically possible. Otherwise, the quality is determined by depth of water and fishing skill level, as far as I know, and not actually random.
If your done with most of things in the end game why not play co-op with your friends!

imnvs

Local Legend
If your done with most of things in the end game why not play co-op with your friends!
I do, actually. I have 2 solo games, and this is the one that's furthest along. The other is only a few days in and I decided to stop playing it until 1.5 comes out, primarily to explore the new early game content.

I have 3 MP saves, however. One is almost as far along as this. The second is one that is pretty well along, like the CC is finished and the quests from the Wizard that follow have just been completed. The third is much like my second solo in that we're waiting to continue that one until 1.5, so that we can do any new early-game content.

imnvs

Local Legend
That's a lot of Statues of Endless Fortune! I've been meaning to buy more to work towards purchasing the rainbow cowboy hat.
When I first got the Statue of Perfection... boy did I think I was suddenly rolling in iridium. Then I started collecting these guys. I'm about to build shed 6, move these (and the ?? decorations and trophy) over to that new one, and then fill this shed with crystalariums. Then I'll have lots of space to expand the collection of (as the wife and I call them) Statues of Endless Convenience. I mean, they honestly do take so much time to pay back the amount you spend on them, but it's something to spend money on, ya know?

Odin

Staff member
I mean, they honestly do take so much time to pay back the amount you spend on them, but it's something to spend money on, ya know?
There's definitely a point in the game if you play a save long enough where there's not much you need to buy anymore.

imnvs

Local Legend
Built shed #6, which is where the Statues of Endless Convenience will go to, and the "vanity shed" will become the "diamond farm". The Golden Clock is now nice and centrally located. You can also see where plans are being laid for moving of the Junimo Huts and expanding the garden space. I won't actually be making any moves until winter, as I am already 1/3rd of the way through fall. Anyway, by my calculations that'll be one hut covering 162 squares, the other covering 180, so 342 total. As you can see, with the quantity of berries and ancient fruit (and next year there will be so very many more) that I plant, that I go for low-maintenance crops mostly.
Prism_12-22-2020_rainynight.png

imnvs

Local Legend
Woo!

So winter has hit, so the garden space reorganization has happened!
Prism_12-27-2020_newoutside.png

Also, with 1.5 dropping (Happy Holidays to us!) and the ability to remodel the house a bit, I gone and done that, now didn't I? The southern room I'm turning into my trophy/display babe cave (Prism is female, FYI), and already relocated the bedroom to the NE, making it more like a bedroom and less like the old one which looked more like a dorm room. Oh, and I'm really digging these bigger new rugs.
Prism_12-27-2020_remodel.png

imnvs

Local Legend
Curious to know what you did with all your fish now that we have fish tanks.
I am still trying to figure out how I want to arrange those in tanks, especially with 5 new Legendary Fish, from what I hear. They're still on their table stands, just in the southern room instead of the bedroom.

LRangerR

Local Legend
I've only been messing around with 2 from Willy's so far, but i hear the deluxe holds 4, and the modern holds one. I've yet to hear anybody mention the 5th fish tank yet though.