Phone to phone transfer. Struggling

hellohello

Greenhorn
Hi, I've never posted on a forum before, but I'm absolutely struggling to transfer my save on android to a another. I've read the how to pages and I just don't understand, I do get the save to where I would like it but I lose progress.
Any advice or suggestions will help.
Thank you.

Ereo

Helper
Can you provide some details on how you lose progress? Are you missing things? Is the date wrong? And if yes, how wrong?

Ereo

Helper
When the save files where ported to the new save file location, they were copied and not deleted, so the old save files still exist on your phone. They are in my experience much easier to find than the new location, because the new ones are marked as hidden folder.

hellohello

Greenhorn
When the save files where ported to the new save file location, they were copied and not deleted, so the old save files still exist on your phone. They are in my experience much easier to find than the new location, because the new ones are marked as hidden folder.
So I need to get the old save files and move them? Thank you so much

Ereo

Helper
No, you need to find out where the new ones are. It might help if you start a new save with a unique name just for the purpose of finding that folder.

hellohello

Greenhorn
No, you need to find out where the new ones are. It might help if you start a new save with a unique name just for the purpose of finding that folder.
I made my boyfriend do it, but you were right! The new files like to hide in data folders, thank you so much!