Art Help Need Suggestions!!! Does this type of portraits fit in the game or would anyone like it?

InFiNiTyAl

Greenhorn
I just recently discovered a few portrait mods that utilized the HD Portraits mod and created anime-style portraits, but some of these didn't fit my taste. I tried to make a few of my own, but I'm not sure if they fit with the game's style because they're so CG. I'd like to know your thoughts on whether I should be doing any more CG-styled portraits. I'm considering implementing CG-styled vanilla games and East Scarp portraits.

Here is some progress on what I've made so far with two different models. I know that Haley is mostly different from vanilla, but I found her to be a good fit for Haley's character from my perspectives. Let me know which style you like more and if you have any suggestions since this is my first time making a mod for SDV!

Previews

Haley.png

00576-2358109122.png00581-2869669885.png

Lenora Rose

Farmer
My personal taste is that high def portraits start slipping out if the game style. DCBurger's comic book style or a similar detail-level of anime would be as far as I'd want to go (and I've stuck firmly with pixel art so far). More high def than that would lose my immersion and I wouldn't play it in game... but still makes for some lovely fan art! And fan art is *never* a waste of time.

All the above is one player's opinion only, not gospel.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I don't mind any portraits that depart from Stardew Valley's style because modding is an encouraged part of the game and everyone has creative and different ideas of what the game can be for them. Sure, these don't fit the original portraits in the game but they are no less true to the shapes and sometime even colors of the sprites (Abby's hair!) which you may be keeping game-vanilla.

If you like these then by all means make more, I think they're great!

InFiNiTyAl

Greenhorn
My personal taste is that high def portraits start slipping out if the game style. DCBurger's comic book style or a similar detail-level of anime would be as far as I'd want to go (and I've stuck firmly with pixel art so far). More high def than that would lose my immersion and I wouldn't play it in game... but still makes for some lovely fan art! And fan art is *never* a waste of time.

All the above is one player's opinion only, not gospel.
Thanks a lot for your reply! I like both pixel-styled portraits and detailed anime portraits, and I'm planning on starting with one of the styles since this is my very first mod. I made an example of the pixel art portrait, and please again feel free to tell me what you think about it!1_after (1).png00164-1378029275_after (1).png