Need nautilus shell for sturgeon

Johndeere756

Planter
Hello. Does anyone know of a way to get a nautilus shell other than forage on the beach in winter? My sturgeon pond is requesting one, but it is only summer. I guess I need to just wait? Thanks

Ereo

Helper
Demetrius sends them in the mail sometimes. And possibly the traveling cart, but I didn't check to see if it can have those.

imnvs

Local Legend
My friend, in one of my earlier saves (before I started saving just about everything I collected in case someone or some fish asked for it) my sturgeon pond asked for that nautilus shell too... on Spring 2. Imagine how pissed I was.

LRangerR

Local Legend
I think I just got one from my fully stocked crab pond.
Just checked and yeah, the sea water crabpot fish all have the same produce chart. However Nautilus shells are the last on a long list of things, and also the rarest.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Not cheating at all!

Well, it all depends on how you like to play.
If someone was playing some dice games with you and you took a die and kept rolling it until it came out with the result you wanted, would you call that cheating?

Of course, the example applies to dice, and while some may say that it's not the same thing, I think the RNG of this game is similar enough to dice for the comparison to stick.

BlaDe

Farmer
If someone was playing some dice games with you and you took a die and kept rolling it until it came out with the result you wanted, would you call that cheating?

Of course, the example applies to dice, and while some may say that it's not the same thing, I think the RNG of this game is similar enough to dice for the comparison to stick.
If it's not a cheat it's an exploit which is gamer for cheat
And you are within your rights to play that way. My point is there is more than one way to play. Some may view it as cheating, some may not. Personally, I manip and track RNG.

You could use the item id exploit if your platform still supporters it.

Also, my predictor can tell you exactly what tile your fish pond needs to be on to get the item you want (https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/6614)

LRangerR

Local Legend
Which character is it that says something like "some people will do anything for free stuff" when referring to stuff dropping off the train?

And you are within your rights to play that way. My point is there is more than one way to play. Some may view it as cheating, some may not. Personally, I manip and track RNG.

You could use the item id exploit if your platform still supporters it.

Also, my predictor can tell you exactly what tile your fish pond needs to be on to get the item you want (https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/6614)
Honestly that furthers the comment at llrangerr. At that point your not playing the game your letting a trainer play for you. Or exploiting an in-game mechanic that cheapens the game experience..

Okay, @Zen_the_Ogre and @LRangerR play one way, and @BlaDe plays another. Let's not get really judge-y and use loaded words like "cheating" and "denial" maybe?
That's the thing it's not playing it spectating. I get that your trying to calm a thread down but I am looking out for a first time player. Pushing a person into game hacking mods (there is a difference between enrichment and trainers) causes long term loss of fulfillment and negatively impacts replay value. That's why this game gets adjusted. If your not playing it the way the developer designed (barring the one off glitch good run) what's the point of playing. It's just as bad as mtx shifting balance on other games.