Nagito - Custom NPC

Nagito - Custom NPC 1.5.2

LavenderLight

Greenhorn
LavenderLight submitted a new resource:

Nagito - Custom NPC - A superstitious and socially awkward sunshine boy from the Fern Islands!

Introduction
Here it is, the 1.4 update of my very first mod! I completely overhauled him, and rebuilt him from the ground up! This was my very first mod I ever made, and I wanted to redo it. Now with fresh and cleaner code and a nice lemon-lime scent! (note: only your game can enjoy scent not detectable by human noses)

Meet Nagito!
There are *two* versions of the NPC in this mod, referred to as Canon and Lore. Lore is the default...
Read more about this resource...

CookiC4360

Newcomer
I have canon nagito, and for his 6 heart event when i enter the spa, it doesnt trigger, is there a specific time or does nagito have to be in the spa?
edit: nvm it works

Last edited:

Aerkaya

Greenhorn
Hello. I had this error with your NPC mod come up in SMAPI

[Content Patcher] Can't load "Custom NPC - Nagito > NPCGiftTastes - Lore, JA" fields from file 'assets/Data/NPCGiftTastes_lore_ja.json': Entries > 'Nagito' value is invalid: '{{kildarien.farmertoflorist/ObjectId:Bouquet of Hope}}' can't be used as a token because that token could not be found..

I don't know what to do about that. I looked into it and I have the farmer to florist mod on and also found in those folders the Bouquet of Hope item is there.

AndyAllanPoe

Cowpoke
Hello. I had this error with your NPC mod come up in SMAPI

[Content Patcher] Can't load "Custom NPC - Nagito > NPCGiftTastes - Lore, JA" fields from file 'assets/Data/NPCGiftTastes_lore_ja.json': Entries > 'Nagito' value is invalid: '{{kildarien.farmertoflorist/ObjectId:Bouquet of Hope}}' can't be used as a token because that token could not be found..

I don't know what to do about that. I looked into it and I have the farmer to florist mod on and also found in those folders the Bouquet of Hope item is there.
I had the same problem, but it's nothing to worry about! Still works fine

Aerkaya

Greenhorn
This mod has a new problem. In the latest update to East Scarpe(which seemed to move it to fit more with SVE) Nagito's cabin's graphics are all mangled up on the outside. I think it all still functions but it looks weird.

lottasMod

Cowpoke
hey, I am just curious, whether some people are still modifying Nagito ? :) i was happy to hear, that he will move to east scarpe as well, because i like the map. but i just installed nagito and now I am looking forward for some inspirational pessimism (or at least that's what I got when I read a little bit of the content.json^^)

Lonery

Newcomer
I love this mod, definitely one of my all-time favorites! My only complaint is that after marrying Nagito, during his kissing animation his entire sprite disappears. I'm guessing it's an error in the positioning in the sprite sheet? Would love to see it fixed someday, the mod has been otherwise perfect for me

koakat27

Newcomer
Hello! I used the first iteration of your mod and LOVED it - I love having Nagito in my game! After putting Stardew down for a while, I wanted to pick it up again and found this mod. I've been having some trouble getting it to run, mainly that his cottage shows up in my game, but the character doesn't. I can't go into the cottage either, and get an error message. I have tried the EastScarpe fix that was available and downloaded what I've needed to, but to no avail. Any advice? Thanks!!

EDIT: I should also add that I've tried it without the East Scarpe mod and have the same issue - cabin appears, no sprite or any indication that he's in my game. Here's my log:
https://smapi.io/log/f3f47058fa3849c59ab61dfb71f052d3

Last edited:

Otogiko

Newcomer
Hello! I'm having this problem when trying to install the mod:

SMAPI ] Skipped mods.
[SMAPI]These mods could not be added to your game .
[SMAPI]- Json Assets 1.10.7 because initialization failed : System.Reflection . Reflection TypeLoadException : Unable to load one or more of the requested types . Could not load type ' StardewModdingAPI . IRawTextureData from assembly ' StardewModdingAPI , Version - 3.14.7.0 , Culture - neutral , PublicKeyToken = null " . at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes ( RuntimeModule module ) at System.Reflection . RuntimeAssembly.get_Defined Types ( ) at StardewModdingAPI . Framework.SCore . TryLoad Mod Entry ( IModMetadata metadata , Assembly modAssembly , Mod & mod , String & error ) in SMAPI \ Framework \ 5Core.cs : line 1997 at StardewModdingAPI . Framework.SCore . TryLoadMod ( IModMetadata mod , IModMetadata [ ] mods , AssemblyLoader assemblyLoader , IInterfaceProxyFactory proxyFactory , JsonHelper jsonHelper , ContentCoordinator contentCore , ModDatabase modDatabase , HashSet 1 suppressUpdateChecks , Nullable 1 & failReason , String & errorReasonPhrase , String & errorDetails ) in SMAPI \ Framework \ Score.cs : line 1885 TypeLoadException : Could not load type ' StardewModdingAPI . IRawTextureData from assembly ' StardewModdingAPI , Version = 3.14.7.0 , Culture = neutral , PublicKey Token = null " . Failed loading type ' StardewModdingAPI . IRawTextureData ' : TypeLoadException : Could not load type ' StardewModdingAPI . IRawTextureData ' from assembly ' StardewModdingAPI , Version - 3.14.7.0 , Culture = neutral , PublicKeyT oken = null "

[SMAPI]- Content because it's not a SMAPI mod ( see https://smapi.io/ xnb for info ) .

[SMAPI]- Custom NPC - Nagito 1.5.2 because it needs the ' Json Assets ' mod , which couldn't be loaded .
[SMAPI] - Portraiture Addon because it's an empty folder .

Somebody could help me? Please, I would really appreciate it :(

Sinmenon

Planter
Hello! I'm having this problem when trying to install the mod:

SMAPI ] Skipped mods.
[SMAPI]These mods could not be added to your game .
[SMAPI]- Json Assets 1.10.7 because initialization failed : System.Reflection . Reflection TypeLoadException : Unable to load one or more of the requested types . Could not load type ' StardewModdingAPI . IRawTextureData from assembly ' StardewModdingAPI , Version - 3.14.7.0 , Culture - neutral , PublicKeyToken = null " . at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes ( RuntimeModule module ) at System.Reflection . RuntimeAssembly.get_Defined Types ( ) at StardewModdingAPI . Framework.SCore . TryLoad Mod Entry ( IModMetadata metadata , Assembly modAssembly , Mod & mod , String & error ) in SMAPI \ Framework \ 5Core.cs : line 1997 at StardewModdingAPI . Framework.SCore . TryLoadMod ( IModMetadata mod , IModMetadata [ ] mods , AssemblyLoader assemblyLoader , IInterfaceProxyFactory proxyFactory , JsonHelper jsonHelper , ContentCoordinator contentCore , ModDatabase modDatabase , HashSet 1 suppressUpdateChecks , Nullable 1 & failReason , String & errorReasonPhrase , String & errorDetails ) in SMAPI \ Framework \ Score.cs : line 1885 TypeLoadException : Could not load type ' StardewModdingAPI . IRawTextureData from assembly ' StardewModdingAPI , Version = 3.14.7.0 , Culture = neutral , PublicKey Token = null " . Failed loading type ' StardewModdingAPI . IRawTextureData ' : TypeLoadException : Could not load type ' StardewModdingAPI . IRawTextureData ' from assembly ' StardewModdingAPI , Version - 3.14.7.0 , Culture = neutral , PublicKeyT oken = null "

[SMAPI]- Content because it's not a SMAPI mod ( see https://smapi.io/ xnb for info ) .

[SMAPI]- Custom NPC - Nagito 1.5.2 because it needs the ' Json Assets ' mod , which couldn't be loaded .
[SMAPI] - Portraiture Addon because it's an empty folder .

Somebody could help me? Please, I would really appreciate it :(

This one is because you have to download and install Content Patcher, I believe.
Make sure you have downloaded/installed all the other requirements that the author mentions

1. Content Patcher
  2. Custom Fixed Dialogue
  3. Custom NPC Fixes
  4. Mail Framework Mod
  5. PyTK
  6. TMXL Map Toolkit

[SMAPI] - Portraiture Addon because it's an empty folder

You need to download the Json Assets, but according to the creator it is optional to give him custom gifts. The same goes with Portraiture.

koakat27

Newcomer
Hello again! I've tried running the mod again, and I get this error message. Any advice?

[game] An error occurred in the base update loop: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at StardewValley.GameLocation.lockedDoorWarp(String[] actionParams) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 8450
at StardewValley.GameLocation.performAction_PatchedBy<PeacefulEnd.FashionSense__spacechase0.SpaceCore>(GameLocation this, String action, Farmer who, Location tileLocation)
at StardewValley.GameLocation.checkAction_PatchedBy<PeacefulEnd.AlternativeTextures>(GameLocation this, Location tileLocation, Rectangle viewport, Farmer who)
at StardewValley.Locations.Beach.checkAction(Location tileLocation, Rectangle viewport, Farmer who)
at StardewValley.Game1.<>c__DisplayClass859_0.<tryToCheckAt>b__0()
at StardewValley.Game1.tryToCheckAt_PatchedBy<Platonymous.PyTK>(Vector2 grabTile, Farmer who)
at StardewValley.Game1.pressActionButton(KeyboardState currentKBState, MouseState currentMouseState, GamePadState currentPadState)
at StardewValley.Game1.<>c__DisplayClass913_0.<UpdateControlInput>b__0()
at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateControlInput(GameTime time)
at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime)
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.OnPlayerInstanceUpdating(SGame instance, GameTime gameTime, Action runUpdate)
[game] An error occurred in the base update loop: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at StardewValley.GameLocation.lockedDoorWarp(String[] actionParams) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 8450
at StardewValley.GameLocation.performAction_PatchedBy<PeacefulEnd.FashionSense__spacechase0.SpaceCore>(GameLocation this, String action, Farmer who, Location tileLocation)
at StardewValley.GameLocation.checkAction_PatchedBy<PeacefulEnd.AlternativeTextures>(GameLocation this, Location tileLocation, Rectangle viewport, Farmer who)
at StardewValley.Locations.Beach.checkAction(Location tileLocation, Rectangle viewport, Farmer who)
at StardewValley.Game1.tryToCheckAt_PatchedBy<Platonymous.PyTK>(Vector2 grabTile, Farmer who)
at StardewValley.Game1.pressActionButton(KeyboardState currentKBState, MouseState currentMouseState, GamePadState currentPadState)
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.OnPlayerInstanceUpdating(SGame instance, GameTime gameTime, Action runUpdate)

susb8383

Planter
This is my first time playing East Scarp. I installed the Nagito mod but there are two weird things:
1. The cabin shows in two places: on the ES beach and on the SDV beach. If I go into the one in ES, I come out in SDV.
2. I get this error: Skipped Mod DIY Nagito Patch\Maps because it contains files, but none of them are manifest.json.

I do see Nagito so I'm a little confused how this could be a skipped mod. Is there a quick fix without me having to reinstall it because I don't want to lose the 6 hearts I have with him.

YourShu

Newcomer
I have this problem while interacting with Nagito's door at his house

at StardewValley.GameLocation.lockedDoorWarp(String[] actionParams) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 8450
at StardewValley.GameLocation.performAction_PatchedBy<spacechase0.SpaceCore>(GameLocation this, String action, Farmer who, Location tileLocation)
at StardewValley.GameLocation.checkAction(Location tileLocation, Rectangle viewport, Farmer who)
at StardewValley.Game1.tryToCheckAt_PatchedBy<Platonymous.PyTK__Platonymous.TMXLoader.Entry>(Vector2 grabTile, Farmer who)

I dont know if Nagito does have to be in relationship list, but he doesn't, and I cant see him in the game, only his cottage

YourShu

Newcomer
This is my first time playing East Scarp. I installed the Nagito mod but there are two weird things:
1. The cabin shows in two places: on the ES beach and on the SDV beach. If I go into the one in ES, I come out in SDV.
2. I get this error: Skipped Mod DIY Nagito Patch\Maps because it contains files, but none of them are manifest.json.

I do see Nagito so I'm a little confused how this could be a skipped mod. Is there a quick fix without me having to reinstall it because I don't want to lose the 6 hearts I have with him.
Sorry, but can you help me? Because I can't even see Nagito. What version of the game did you run the mod on?