Standard Farm Mountains rose and fell. The deed is done.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Uh... I took some creative liberties 😏
Mostly I'm referring to what Bobbi looks like 😋
I think ? you were referring to this when you were quoting? In any case, your creative liberties are all perfect and I love them! And the fun bit is that it's now the reference material for this version of Bobbi.

And because it's fun to put pressure on yourself, I was thinking of doing a Multiverse Bobbi roundup story of my 5 or 6 active saves. I'm finally going to need to play the moribund Maru save for a few days to get back into that as it's now the oldest one, and there are at least 2 with no spouse so that angle will be interesting.

Too many ideas, not enough time. And I'm staying with BobbiAbigail primarily for now because Slime!

And :abigail:

FairyRing

Farmer
And because it's fun to put pressure on yourself, I was thinking of doing a Multiverse Bobbi roundup story of my 5 or 6 active saves. I'm finally going to need to play the moribund Maru save for a few days to get back into that as it's now the oldest one, and there are at least 2 with no spouse so that angle will be interesting.
This sounds like it could get real complicated super fast! how fun:grin: Bunch-a Bobbi's
Too many ideas, not enough time.
I'm having this feature (why not) as well, of too many ideas. I started one about Maru and Abby as a Spirit hunting team. it's an ok story but it's going slow as I have loads of other stuff I can be creating/doing.

Lew Zealand

Helper
This sounds like it could get real complicated super fast! how fun:grin: Bunch-a Bobbi's
I don't know why ridiculous things like this occur to me when on a walk but it's probably because I'm bored and it's not dark enough out for it to be likely I'll be eaten by a grue. And not being Stan Lee or in fact anyone who can plot their way out of a paper bag, I'll probably make a giant mess of it.

Which could be its own fun.

I'm having this feature (why not) as well, of too many ideas. I started one about Maru and Abby as a Spirit hunting team. it's an ok story but it's going slow as I have loads of other stuff I can be creating/doing.
That sounds fun! We all need clones of ourselves to find the time, but the one time I tried I fatfingered the whole process and ended up with a bunch of Bozos.
🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡

FairyRing

Farmer
I don't know why ridiculous things like this occur to me when on a walk but it's probably because I'm bored and it's not dark enough out for it to be likely I'll be eaten by a grue. And not being Stan Lee or in fact anyone who can plot their way out of a paper bag, I'll probably make a giant mess of it.

Which could be its own fun.

That sounds fun! We all need clones of ourselves to find the time, but the one time I tried I fatfingered the whole process and ended up with a bunch of Bozos.
🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡
this often happens with clones. sometimes they are just a little bit different. a little bit not themselves.
I think it is a fun idea, bunch-a Bobbi's bouncing about, bungling baby broccolis in bikinis. (oh my, why that) I think Fairy Ring would probably tackle herself a lot in that sort of setting. not sure why.. maybe practice....
You'd probably make it hysterical because you have a way with the banter.

LRangerR

Local Legend
It was in the cosmic consciousness and I snapped it out and put it to paper. It's the only way to explain how well it turned out. Especially because I'm tired, thread bare, got up earlier than intended but it gave me time to draw it.
I like how she has the Mermaid Pendant on. A nice little detail there

Too many ideas, not enough time. And I'm staying with BobbiAbigail primarily for now because Slime!
Bobbigail?

...baby broccolis in bikinis.
You're welcome

Lew Zealand

Helper
I think in the story you have the trashcan lid on at this point... I had it in my head it was the Veil. Meh the trash can lid would have taken over the drawing. I stand by what I did. I like it.
Actually in the story Bobbi doesn't have any hat on at the time as Abby ordered her to take the Trash Can Lid off when in the house, which Bobbi did. But the Bridal Veil works perfectly fine with me! And I changed Bobbi's hair slightly so really you haven't see it yet and the most accurate assumption to make would be to use the data you do have at your disposal, the Veil.

That's my excuse and I am unanimous in this.

Oh! And thanks LRangerR for reminding me. The Mermaid's Pendant is a *really* nice touch and I love that detail. So well done. :heart:

Lew Zealand

Helper
oh yeah! I do like your Bridal veil outfit. So your final pic of you and Abby's little black slime stuck in my head.
The whole Bridal Veil thing is rather emblematic of how I've been approaching this game when writing any of these things or even playing the various saves.

Random thing happens/is suggested/pops into head
Do more random word/event/personality/absolutely anything association with thing
Out pops something(s) new
Run with it!

I had no plan that Abby didn't like Bobbi's outfit (even w/o the Trash Lid)
I had no plan that Bobbi would enjoy taunting Abby, or that Abby would enjoy that challenge, or that both would enjoy the chase, or that both would do that in anticipation of making up
I had no plan of ever using the Bridal Veil, I literally never would have made it (waste a Pearl?!? OK I have 3, but...) if not for latching onto a random offhand comment

I have no plans of anything, instead thoroughly enjoying giving the ideas the freedom to self-assemble and then filling whatever gaps remain with the barest semblance of structure. It's funny, it all seems really quite bad when I'm doing it because it has no point. But I enjoy doing it and poring over it, and when I re-read it something seems to gel together. It can always be made better but I'm usually spent by the time the story is done and while it would improve if I shelved it and came back the next day to really revise, I kind of like the rawness. And I also know that I need to go with my motivation, which circumstances may prevent in 12 or 24 hours. Best to strike while the iron is hot.

I don't know why I just wrote that, sorry for rambling and this time I won't just delete it like I have so many times in the past.

FairyRing

Farmer
The whole Bridal Veil thing is rather emblematic of how I've been approaching this game when writing any of these things or even playing the various saves.

Random thing happens/is suggested/pops into head
Do more random word/event/personality/absolutely anything association with thing
Out pops something(s) new
Run with it!

I had no plan that Abby didn't like Bobbi's outfit (even w/o the Trash Lid)
I had no plan that Bobbi would enjoy taunting Abby, or that Abby would enjoy that challenge, or that both would enjoy the chase, or that both would do that in anticipation of making up
I had no plan of ever using the Bridal Veil, I literally never would have made it (waste a Pearl?!? OK I have 3, but...) if not for latching onto a random offhand comment

I have no plans of anything, instead thoroughly enjoying giving the ideas the freedom to self-assemble and then filling whatever gaps remain with the barest semblance of structure. It's funny, it all seems really quite bad when I'm doing it because it has no point. But I enjoy doing it and poring over it, and when I re-read it something seems to gel together. It can always be made better but I'm usually spent by the time the story is done and while it would improve if I shelved it and came back the next day to really revise, I kind of like the rawness. And I also know that I need to go with my motivation, which circumstances may prevent in 12 or 24 hours. Best to strike while the iron is hot.

I don't know why I just wrote that, sorry for rambling and this time I won't just delete it like I have so many times in the past.
The saying "fly by the seat of your pants" is made just for you. It's a lot of fun.
Only 3 pearls that's almost none!
I don't mind rambling🚙 at all, it's informative it's like I can pick that cool🧠 brain of yours. thanks for not making it :wizard: disappear.

Lew Zealand

Helper
The saying "fly by the seat of your pants" is made just for you. It's a lot of fun.
Only 3 pearls that's almost none!
I don't mind rambling🚙 at all, it's informative it's like I can pick that cool🧠 brain of yours. thanks for not making it :wizard: disappear.
It is fun! I meant to say this but forgot by the time my fingers made it to the keys (I'm not kidding, it's just amazing how much I do forget, much less than half ever makes it through the keyboard):

Writing these Abby things recently has been like watching a movie, except I get to create it in real time. There's usually very little there at the beginning, occasionally a single thing I want to do/mention, and a series of screencaps I want to tie together because this is nominally the Valley Showcase section (lol, how far we have strayed).

But then the personalities manifest themselves and... it just becomes obvious what Abby or Bobbi would say or do in this situation. And how that would follow on to the next thing, and so on... I'm writing from Abby's perspective only because of her fun game portraits and of course there are none for Bobbi.

Until now... :heart:

...And it's been fun trying to convey what Bobbi's doing, mostly from Abby's reactions. At some point I need to get to the actual Farm screencaps but I let the story go where it seems to want to and I get to be there along for the ride, occasionally making detours or edits to make things fit. I think that's what I was trying to convey in the previous post. I get to watch a movie or vignette happen in my head and transcribe it as it happens, and I really don't know what's gonna happen next.

I should make more popcorn! 🍿

FairyRing

Farmer
Valley Showcase section (lol, how far we have strayed).
ooooh yeeeeeah oops.

it's weird it happened a lot the same way for me. I never would have thought to write, but the storyline I was living in SDV wanted out and I just followed. But now I have a whole lotta inspiration, so it's hard to stay focused on any one thing.

I know you probably like catching your own pics and such but if I can ever find something for you and your story telling I'd do my darnedest to find it. I'm sure you could just find it online...

Lew Zealand

Helper
ooooh yeeeeeah oops.

it's weird it happened a lot the same way for me. I never would have thought to write, but the storyline I was living in SDV wanted out and I just followed. But now I have a whole lotta inspiration, so it's hard to stay focused on any one thing.

I know you probably like catching your own pics and such but if I can ever find something for you and your story telling I'd do my darnedest to find it. I'm sure you could just find it online...
Hey thanks! That's a super cool offer! And with your Switch it'd probably be easier to get, too. What I want to screencap is just so random that I never plan it (sense a theme here? sheesh...), I just see something that tickles a part of my brain that was previously dozing, which reacts like: Squirrel! And I get the cap.

Sometimes.

Rarely.

LOL, when you play on PC but with the SDV window maximized in Windows, that is: not using the game's Fullscreen mode, I'm always mangling up my window, accidentally hiding it, resizing it, making a general mess in-game. But in this mode, small screencaps are easier using the Snipping Tool. But eventually I get all PO'd at my hamfistedness in Windowed mode and go Fullscreen.

And then the stuff I actually want to screen cap happens.

Mermaid singing sequence
Sea Captain (which you got magnificently!)
Clint turning blue

Y'know, all the good stuff!

FairyRing

Farmer
Mermaid singing sequence
I got the mermaid singing🦑. when does Our buddy Clint turn blue? Oh and I got the fashion show. Those ones are good. I'll have to post them somewhere more appropriate.
Well maybe you could try the Switch? for capturing those moments. it's a lot of fun. Because that's how I have to capture the moments I do, is I see them and snap, or record. You did say you had a Switch, a lonely one?

Lew Zealand

Helper
I got the mermaid singing🦑. when does Our buddy Clint turn blue? Oh and I got the fashion show. Those ones are good. I'll have to post them somewhere more appropriate.
Well maybe you could try the Switch? for capturing those moments. it's a lot of fun. Because that's how I have to capture the moments I do, is I see them and snap, or record. You did say you had a Switch, a lonely one?
I have to say... I really don't like the fashion show too much. I just feel so bad for Clint, being an ex-Clint myself. I've been there. Many times.

And I just realized that it's coming up in Bobbi, I Suppose if I ever stop posting Abby stuff and get back there (lol, when's that 28 hour day happening?!?). Huh. I wonder what I'll do. This is interesting as I'll probably change the emphasis that scene. Hmmm...

Clint's blue scene is from one of the romanceable characters' :heart: scenes but I have to say, I'd never guess which one if I hadn't seen it myself. I won't spoil it for you.

And yes, I should just buy the game on Switch as I'd probably play it there but with so many saves already I don't know if I could handle another one. But in all honesty, SDV on Switch is what will finally get that one some regular use. It wouldn't do to let the battery just waste away. Batteries are happiest when exercised!

FairyRing

Farmer
I just feel so bad for Clint, being an ex-Clint myself.
I forget he decides that he can't go through with it. I always remember how I never expect what he chose. I like what he chooses and would love to hear what others think he wants to say with his outfit. Free, artsy, colorful.

when's that 28 hour day happening?!?
I'll talk to my people about this.

SDV on Switch is what will finally get that one some regular use
oh it's such a delight.