Standard Farm Mountains rose and fell. The deed is done.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I love the name randomizer. My cat and/or dog usually get the first thing suggested. Wumbus for the dog Miso for the cat. Same with the horse unless I really don't like it then I'll roll the die until I do. Like Nutley. Barn animals get random names unless I'm on some sort of weird kick like when one got named Lil Abby and one got named Lil Goon. Then there is spicy and amethyst. I may need to get some moving hat racks.
I sometimes go thematic with Animal names, like my Dinosaurs are all Toho Kaiju on Beachy Keen. But usually I'll do word association with the randomized animal names so while it looks all creative and quirky, it's really the game that's doing the heavy name lifting and I'm just mentally mispronouncing it until I settle on something familiar.

Lew Zealand

Helper
WinterHousePano.png

"Hi Bobbi, I'm thinking of a conversation we h--"
trash.jpg

"Outside. Take that thing off your head, you look like one of those space alien nuts that can't even get the tinfoil right. Just because I made fun of your Indiana Jones hat once..."
"OK, once per week..."
"Now that looks like someone I might marry again except for those bright colors but aaanywaayy, a while ago we chatted about about hosting some slimes on Flim Flam Farm and was wondering how that was coming along now that Winter is pretty much over."
"I'd love to help you outside but you know how my skin gets a snowburn from that horrible bright reflected sunlight. I'd look pretty funny wearing a hat under my head instead of on top of it!"
"Oh, har har Ms. Neon Trashheap. You feel pretty secure making comments like that while edging closer to the door, I know your tricks! You c'mere!"

There was no 'mere anything as Bobbi hadn't strayed far from the Farmhouse door once she decided to have a little verbal fun with Abby. Bursting outside into the darkening evening, she headed right to the East towards a small copse of trees, making for the loop around the central slime hutches, but predictably tripped over an invisible root in the dark and ended up with a face full of snow sprinkled liberally with dirt. One day she would consider running with her mouth closed but that was a project for another time.

Abby was slower than Bobbi but kept the trees paid off to trip up her quarry when needed, and pounced on Bobbi while she was trying to get up. Rolling her over and pinning Bobbi's shoulders to the ground, Abby said,
"Buttertoes. You need to lift your feet while running." A small bead of sweat was rolling lazily down Abby's nose as she caught her breath and came to rest at the tip, threatening to drip onto Bobbi's. "That can't bother you, can it? After all I see twigs and a worm's butt between your teeth. My delicate perspiration couldn't possibly be disconcerting at all." Yet she hovered as close to Bobbi as possible, noses threatening to form a sweat bridge between them. Then Abby smushed their noses together rubbing the sweat everywhere and gave Bobbi a quick kiss before hopping off her.
"OK you got me outside, you clever stinker, what do you have to show me?"

FarmWinter28.jpg

Which predictably resulted the following day in:

FarmSpring01.jpg

Bobbi continued to work for another few weeks, which is to say, she paid Robin to work and did some other stuff. Like Fish for Slimejacks. And when Abigail wasn't looking, visit Ginger Island to get some things set up there. As of Spring 20, this has happened:

FarmSpring20.jpg

"But where're all the slimes?"

blackslime.PNG

"Black! That's not a color, what're you doing? Actually she's pretty cute. OK, she's mine, you can't have her. And your outfit..."
"You can keep that, too."

Lew Zealand

Helper
YAAAAAAAAAAAAY! I LOVE :heart:IT. AND YES I AM SCREAMING. I LOVE IT! ALL THE FARM! THE GIANT SLIME! THE ANTENNA! THE ABBY🔮
then the one black slime what's her name? :laugh::love:
Awwww, thank you!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

The Witch just visited for Tea & Crumpets last night so I haven't come up with a name yet. I need to Scythe the Grass every day along the outside to keep the giant slime and antenna outline really clear and totally forgot to do it this time, LOL!

One thing about Ms. Witch: she changed my one Blue Slime, not any of the Green ones, dangit!

But... I totally forgot a teensy small detail for the story: I got a Tiger Slime egg the same day and just popped it into one of the empty Hutches. Looks like indoors I'll have separate slime colors and then mix 'n match them outside!

FairyRing

Farmer
Awwww, thank you!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

The Witch just visited for Tea & Crumpets last night so I haven't come up with a name yet. I need to Scythe the Grass every day along the outside to keep the giant slime and antenna outline really clear and totally forgot to do it this time, LOL!

One thing about Ms. Witch: she changed my one Blue Slime, not any of the Green ones, dangit!

But... I totally forgot a teensy small detail for the story: I got a Tiger Slime egg the same day and just popped it into one of the empty Hutches. Looks like indoors I'll have separate slime colors and then mix 'n match them outside!
Well scything just for photo ops would be less work. I like how you used all four trees in the antenna.
I couldn't help but hatch some slimes of my own. And I have a story brewing, surrounding my slime taming.
I think the winter effects their color outdoors. They escape when they are outside and there isn't anything you can do about it... that I've found. I still haven't got a tiger slime egg:love: but I am working on it.
Do you have slimes in all your hutches? Did the witch just change one hutch? I've only ever had one hutch at a time and she changes ALL the slimes in the hutch to black regardless of previous color. ps sorry I'm such an excitable fangirl with your writings :whistle:

Last edited:

Lew Zealand

Helper
Well scything just for photo ops would be less work. I like how you used all four trees in the antenna.
I couldn't help but hatch some slimes of my own. And I have a story brewing, surrounding my slime taming.
I think the winter effects their color outdoors. They escape when they are outside and there isn't anything you can do about it... that I've found. I still haven't got a tiger slime egg:love: but I am working on it.
Do you have slimes in all your hutches? Did the witch just change one hutch? I've only ever had one hutch at a time and she changes ALL the slimes in the hutch to black regardless of previous color.
I pretty much spent my time on Ginger Island getting the Walnuts to open up the Farm and Dig Site, and then tearing through Tiger Slimes to get the Egg. Since I'm much farther on GI in Beachy Keen, I'll probably pause there to finish the Slime Farm design as there's still lots to do...

...because 2 Hutches are still empty as I've had a royal shortage of Slime to make Eggs from, as the Slimejacks request it. I think I'm only on my 3rd Egg processing right now. The Slimejacks are now net producers but I'm stuck needing 2 Petrified Slimes that the Green Slime Hutch should start producing any day now. I'd been grinding the Mines for that and the Prismatic Slime request, but no dice on either.

The Witch just changed one Hutch which only had one slime in it, my beautiful Blue. Blues are common enough, I'll have another soon.

Lew Zealand

Helper
With the single Slime Hutch I have in Beachy Keen, I kind of like the involvement, danger, and general mayhem when watering my local hairdresser league. So I'm going to stick to visiting the local inmates for now but I'll bet once they earn outdoor privileges for good behavior, then it's gonna be Sprinkler Time.

FairyRing

Farmer
Hello… this is Adventurer FairyRing and I invite you, to join me, on a miraculous journey of wonder, of love…and of slime.
For those of you that get uncomfortable with coupling in the wild please refrain from watching.
The rest of you? Come with me into the slick and sticky, sultry world of… slimes.
Today I head out to just be with the slimes.
The winter turns these common blue beauts into lighter colored slimes.
As I walk and commune amongst the slimes, something extraordinary begins to happen.
It starts with a heart and an exclamation point. Oh, what a glorious sight as the two slimes cross paths.
You can tell the males from the females by the “dinglebopper”. Males of course have a dinglebopper atop their heads, whereas the females do not.

The male shows his affection by throwing a heart into the air above his head and quickly chasing after his intended. The female shows her return affection by throwing an exclamation above her head and hopping away quickly. He catches up to her and for a brief moment they mingle, joining in the dance of the wild.
Then behold, a new baby slime bursts forth within seconds, ready to hop about and slime whomever it can. Already a formidable little monster it’s much cuter when I’m wearing proper PPE.
What a wondrous thing we have witnessed together, Thank you for joining me.

Barage49

Farmhand
Hello… this is Adventurer FairyRing and I invite you, to join me, on a miraculous journey of wonder, of love…and of slime.
For those of you that get uncomfortable with coupling in the wild please refrain from watching.
The rest of you? Come with me into the slick and sticky, sultry world of… slimes.
Today I head out to just be with the slimes.
The winter turns these common blue beauts into lighter colored slimes.
As I walk and commune amongst the slimes, something extraordinary begins to happen.
It starts with a heart and an exclamation point. Oh, what a glorious sight as the two slimes cross paths.
You can tell the males from the females by the “dinglebopper”. Males of course have a dinglebopper atop their heads, whereas the females do not.

The male shows his affection by throwing a heart into the air above his head and quickly chasing after his intended. The female shows her return affection by throwing an exclamation above her head and hopping away quickly. He catches up to her and for a brief moment they mingle, joining in the dance of the wild.
Then behold, a new baby slime bursts forth within seconds, ready to hop about and slime whomever it can. Already a formidable little monster it’s much cuter when I’m wearing proper PPE.
What a wondrous thing we have witnessed together, Thank you for joining me.
Truly a sight to be seen. It feels like slimes don't bother with any of the ookie kookie stuff normal citizens get up to (such as Elliott's forceful and traumatizing kiss on that boat...), rather they simply frolic together, one chasing the other with its dinglebopper, until a miniature slime pops out. Where does this baby slime come from?
One may theorize that the DNA of each parent slime is unwound and duplicated only to be wound again, and thus duplicated fragments of slime escape from each parent and form the small menace you have so kindly shared with us.
Another may theorize that the small slime existed all along and decided only to reveal itself when it found out its parents still loved each other.
We are left only with our incomplete theories at this point. Maybe one day we'll know the truth about.... slime copulation? It's possible we're not meant to know and that is also fine.

P.S. had to fight hard not to make sciencey jokes... you're welcome