Solved Messed up resolution - Unable to reach the start menu buttons

Sylenity

Greenhorn
image_2022-01-12_114339.png

I was trying to set my resolution properly, but when I try loading back up to the main menu, I get this screen. I have it set to 1080p, which is my screen resolution. I've tried looking at the files, changing the launch options via steam, uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing works. Please, I cant play the game anymore link this.

Odin

Staff member
I would recommend deleting the game’s startup_preferences file. You can find it:
  • On Windows, press the windows key + R and enter %appdata%/stardewvalley/.
  • On Mac, from your desktop click Go in the menubar (in the top right), then "Go to folder..." at the bottom of that menu. Enter ~/.config/StardewValley/.
Once you've removed that file, relaunch the game. If that doesn't resolve the issue, please mention so!

plonk

Newcomer
I would recommend deleting the game’s startup_preferences file. You can find it:
  • On Windows, press the windows key + R and enter %appdata%/stardewvalley/.
  • On Mac, from your desktop click Go in the menubar (in the top right), then "Go to folder..." at the bottom of that menu. Enter ~/.config/StardewValley/.
Once you've removed that file, relaunch the game. If that doesn't resolve the issue, please mention so!
Hi! I've deleted the file but it hasn't changed the resolution of the game. (My save is transferred from iOS to Mac and I've fixed the mill issue). It looks like this. Do you know how to fix this?

Attachments