Mac controls for fishing bait and splitting stacks

binky62

Cowpoke
Hi,

I know this has been asked millions of times but I'm struggling to work it out.

I have the Mac version and I just can't work out how to split stacks and put bait or accessories on the fishing rod.

I've tried it with the gamepad mode on and off. My Mac setting I've tried it with secondary click with two fingers and the click being on the right-hand side of the trackpad but nothing! The in game controls are S and X for left or right click. But this doesn't work.

I've attached some screenshot. What am I missing?

Attachments

Odin

Staff member
Gamepad Mode is for if you're playing with a controller, so if you're using a keyboard and mouse/trackpad you'll want that off. The term "secondary click" in Apple's settings just means right click. To clarify a bit, you should be tapping with two fingers placed right next to each other.
I just can't work out how to split stacks
To do this you'll want to hold shift and then do a two finger tap.
put bait or accessories on the fishing rod.
Well, just be sure, you'll need to have the fiberglass rod in order to use bait, and the iridium rod in order to use bait and tackle. If you have one of those, from your inventory, pick up the bait or tackle, then move it over the fishing rod and do a two finger tap.

secretlondon

Farmhand
Gamepad Mode is for if you're playing with a controller, so if you're using a keyboard and mouse/trackpad you'll want that off. The term "secondary click" in Apple's settings just means right click. To clarify a bit, you should be tapping with two fingers placed right next to each other.

To do this you'll want to hold shift and then do a two finger tap.

Well, just be sure, you'll need to have the fiberglass rod in order to use bait, and the iridium rod in order to use bait and tackle. If you have one of those, from your inventory, pick up the bait or tackle, then move it over the fishing rod and do a two finger tap.
or right click when dragging the tackle onto the rod.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I started playing SDV using a Mac and frankly, I use a mouse when gaming. I've always had some sort of trouble with the multifunction trackpad and usually turn off all those options (except 2-finger tap for right click) as I'm just too simple of a monkey to get all those features working. Gaming on a laptop is so convenient, especially a game like SDV which can run on any laptop, but that mouse is a pretty big ergonomic upgrade.