Introduce yourselves :)

curl

Sodbuster
Hiiii I’m new by a couple days and was just curious to learn about some of those who frequently or occasionally visit.
How long have you been playing Stardew?
What has been your favorite quest so far in game?
Who are some of your favorite characters?
What type of farm do you have and why did you choose this?

Lew Zealand

Helper
Howdy and welcome, even though you've been pretty active here a few days already!

You have questions, I have writing prompts.

1. Since v1.3.28, early August 2018. So, decades ago.
2. Stay in bed all day. Practice makes perfect. OK fine: I like the Witch series of quests but only because I get to see my boyfriend, The Henchman. He will be mine one day! Huggability is his best trait.
3. See: 2, also Penny, Shane ('cause I see right through his callous exterior), Caroline, Maru. But really Gil, though he's a not-character, and because he's a not-character and a not-everything. I envy his lack of effort and dedication, and ability to condense his electron cloud into a minimum size, lazing around their various nuclei at mere meters per second. He invented the Bose-Einstein Condensate state of matter but didn't publish as that would break the code of zero-effort and -energy wastage ethics. So honorable. Those other 2 guys are unknowing, silly pikers.
4. Currently Forest Farm because Forest. Apparently you can also Farm there, but I try to avoid that. Also done Regular, Beach, 4 Corners (meh), and Hilltop (yuck). I yucked out on the Hilltop so much that I destroyed my Farm converting that save back to Standard Farm and then lost my save backup for over a year. Found it again recently and once sufficiently motivated, will do a proper conversion. So: never.

I've been here for almost 2 months and I am an extremely frequent visitor of the forums. I've been playing SDV for about 4 months and have loved every second of it! I really don't know about a quest, as I can't really think of a favorite off the top of my head, but the overall vibe of the quests is very nice in most cases. (I'm looking at you with the truffle oil, Lewis) I LOVE Krobus and I like Leah, Linus, Gus, and Willy. I have a Standard Farm for my main save and I have a Grandpas' Farm for my new modded save. I chose Standard for my first farm because I just thought that would be the best for my first playthrough, and I chose Grandpas' Farm for my modded playthrough because it was the recommended farm for playing SVE.

ISSsloth

Farmer
I've been playing for at least 2 years, before 1.4 came out.
My favorite quest is probably the special order to give leeks to Evelyn, because the cutscene after was so cute.
My favorite characters are Maru, Krobus, and Gunther.
I used the river farm for my current save because I like fishing and it's a lot easier to organize.

Odin

Staff member
I started playing the game in April of 2016!
Spoilers for a very late game quest: The Pirate's Wife, getting to talk to a bunch of different NPCs and hearing a bit more of their stories is nice.
I really like Linus, I think the game does a good job exploring the complexity of who he is. I think Krobus, Leah, Sebastian, and Maru are all interesting characters as well.
My main save is on the standard farm because that was the only option when I started, but my favorite maps are the forest farm and four corners.

Hill Myna

Farmer
Hey curl!

I consider myself active, and I've been on the forums for 5 months now, although I've been playing Stardew for almost 4x as long.

My favourite quest would definitely be Secret Note #10. There is such a fun risk-reward element, and it provides additional challenge for those who want it (I even wrote an 11,000-word guide about Skull Cavern!).

I don't really have a favourite character, but I do like Gus because he's willing to share his cooking recipes with me, including Triple Shot Espresso! I also like the Island Trader, the Traveling Merchant's Pig, and the Desert Trader's friend, my lucky camel (still haven't come up with a name yet).

I'm currently enjoying my endgame Beach Farm, and I'm looking forward to starting another Beach Farm. I've also tried the Standard Farm and the Riverlands Farm.

If you want to know more about me, you can read my introduction thread.

You might also like this Stardew Survey.

P.S. And a tip: you can reply to multiple messages at once, it's much easier to read (I saw your replies in your other thread) :D

Edit to add: Shouldn't this be in Game Discussion?

curl

Sodbuster
Howdy and welcome, even though you've been pretty active here a few days already!

You have questions, I have writing prompts.

1. Since v1.3.28, early August 2018. So, decades ago.
2. Stay in bed all day. Practice makes perfect. OK fine: I like the Witch series of quests but only because I get to see my boyfriend, The Henchman. He will be mine one day! Huggability is his best trait.
3. See: 2, also Penny, Shane ('cause I see right through his callous exterior), Caroline, Maru. But really Gil, though he's a not-character, and because he's a not-character and a not-everything. I envy his lack of effort and dedication, and ability to condense his electron cloud into a minimum size, lazing around their various nuclei at mere meters per second. He invented the Bose-Einstein Condensate state of matter but didn't publish as that would break the code of zero-effort and -energy wastage ethics. So honorable. Those other 2 guys are unknowing, silly pikers.
4. Currently Forest Farm because Forest. Apparently you can also Farm there, but I try to avoid that. Also done Regular, Beach, 4 Corners (meh), and Hilltop (yuck). I yucked out on the Hilltop so much that I destroyed my Farm converting that save back to Standard Farm and then lost my save backup for over a year. Found it again recently and once sufficiently motivated, will do a proper conversion. So: never.
I am pleased to meet you. I already very much love and enjoy your posts on the forum. I wanted to join and help people and meet more Stardew lovers such as myself. <3 thank you for the warm welcome

LRangerR

Local Legend
1) Honestly I don't even remember anymore. I don't really keep track of time.
2) One of the bulletin board quests where George wanted an Octopus to put under his pillow.
3) Haley, and the Prismatic Slime.
4) Standard, bc I just like the classic farm style.

Cheers and welcome to the forums, good sir.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
howdy!

Since late March/early April 2016! I remember getting it around my spring break in college, which was so lucky because like my sleep schedule was destroyed

gosh, one of my favorite ones is probably the ones you do for Trash Bear. he's just there and you bring him random stuff and it's just great totoro vibes

Sebastian, Robin, and of course Demetrius and Maru! I love their whole family. Other favorites are Krobus, the Junimos, Emily....

Forest farm! I wrote a fanfic before 1.1 came out (which introduced the other farm types... also i'm still writing the fic oops) called "Farm in the Forest", which had a farm based beside the secret woods but under the canon farm, and i was ecstatic beyond believe that a forest type farm was added

Well, I got it when it was new then I rediscovered it 9 months ago when the squirrel I was chasing took a nap in front of it.

The Community Clean up from the Bulletin Board, it fits my fishing skill 😋

I have not gotten to know everyone very well. Shane; Haley; still working on getting to know other characters and their stories. But I love the Junimos! :heart::junicheer: Vincent seems like a cute kid 🙃

The Standard farm... I am still learning the game and it's often best to learn with the basics.

leictreon

Tiller
Since November 2021 or so. It's been almost therapeutic to me

Pirate's Wife or The Mysterious Mr. Qi

My dear wife Penny, Emily, Maru, Leo, Jas and Gus

Riverland at first because I like rivers. Then forest because I wanted CC year one.

Hiiii I’m new by a couple days and was just curious to learn about some of those who frequently or occasionally visit.
1. How long have you been playing Stardew?
2. What has been your favorite quest so far in game?
3. Who are some of your favorite characters?
4. What type of farm do you have and why did you choose this?
Numbers added by me. First, hello and welcome!
1. Since it came out. Sometime in 2016, don't recall exactly when. Off and on though, I tend to play heavily for a few months and then drift off to other games for a few months, but I keep coming back to it.
2. Definitely the Lucky Shorts. In my current late game farm, it's the only quest I don't have completed, because I want to keep the option open to revisit any of the myriad of options you have pertaining to it.
3. Rasmodius the Wizard, Willy, Clint, Abigail and Leah are some of my favorites. Honestly though they're all great, except for Shane.
4. My late game farm is a beach farm, I went with it to mix things up and force myself to chill out, as most of my Standard Farms get very aggressive with timelines and optimization. This one was meant to be a laid back, 'we'll get there when we get there' sort of approach. I've also got themed runs started on Riverlands (Fishing Only), and Hilltop (Mining Only) though my exploration of them has been somewhat delayed by time spent in other games.

FairyRing

Farmer
I'm pretty active on the forum. I love connecting about Stardew with fun and interesting others.

How long have you been playing Stardew? Maybe 2 years
What has been your favorite quest so far in game? is the pirates wife the quest where you give specific items to certain characters? because I liked that one.
Who are some of your favorite characters? Abigail, Bear, Leo, Rasmodious, beach creature, Krobus , Sebby
What type of farm do you have and why did you choose this? I have forest farm. I chose it because I like the idea of a hidden overgrown farm.

Welcome Curl and have fun.

FarmerJoJo

Planter
Hi! I'm also (relatively) new. This is such a great forum - I love hearing about the myriad ways in which people engage with Stardew.

How long have you been playing Stardew? Chronologically over a year, but I took a 6 month hiatus after which I learned to moderate my play hours.
What has been your favorite quest so far in game? I'm on mobile, so not too many quests. Overall the Witch quest was the most interesting
Who are some of your favorite characters? Linus, Leah, Abby, Demetrius and Penny. Actually, I like them all (except Morris)!
What type of farm do you have and why did you choose this? My longest running farm is Riverland because fishing. I still love it despite the quirks. Newer farm is Forest Farm - hardwood! And aesthetically pleasing as well.

Confused

Rancher

Like maybe 4-5 years...? I've been here for a while lol-

What has been your favorite quest so far in-game?

Honestly, I love the Endgame Quest, if that counts lol-

Ughhh- I love each and every one of them...

But if I was forced to choose, My favorite characters would be...

The Wizard, Willy, Lewis, Mr. Qi, and Gil and Marlon.

My favorite farm is the forest farm for the forage and all the leaves, but I usually just pick standard.

I’ve been playing since it came out for PlayStation. I don’t remember when exactly that was, but my cousins had it on PC and I loved it.

I don’t know my favorite quest.

Vincent and Alex, 100%.

I always use the rocky farm (I’m not sure what it’s called).

Cuusardo

Farmer
How long have you been playing Stardew? 2-3 years I think? Somewhere around there, I forget exactly when I started.
What has been your favorite quest so far in game? Completing the bundles for the Community Center, including the missing bundle
Who are some of your favorite characters? Abigail, Sebastian, and Jas
What type of farm do you have and why did you choose this? Currently playing a forest farm because I hadn't played a solo one yet. It's named Hyrule Farm and my farmer looks like Link.

zclxry

Newcomer
Hi hi hilloww!! Im a very new player in this gamee!! (≧∇≦)/
5 days now
the quest from witches (the community center quest), i like gathering the resources (≡^∇^≡)
hmm so far is sbastian😎, alex's granpa, haley, the nurse(?) I forgot her name
the forrest farm ❀(*´▽`*)❀
I already try the normal farm when i first play and then im just wanna try another farm. I choose forrest because; im suck at fishing :D i obviously would die if i choose the horror(?) farm, i dont like mining, and i dont have other friend to play with the 4 divided farm :D