I have a trouble going down the mines, and I need help

venusqwe

Greenhorn
So I'm on almost fall year 3, and I only gone to the first level of "The Weeds" which isn't even level 10, and I'm afraid that I'm not progressing.
I saw the "multiple by 5" tip, but it's not helping.
Do you have any advice for me? thank you very much if you reply to this thread! :)
BTW, I have a copper pickaxe and a wood club (9-16 damage)

shurpresa

Tiller
Hello! I am on fall year 2 and I got to level 40 on the skull cavern. I really find useful to upgrade the weapon and in terms of the combat, I activate the auto attack (mobile user) and stand still as the enemy aproaches me, unless they are more than 3 enemies at same time they dont touch me usually.

Also, there is a huge tip if you have unlocked the desert, but i dont want to post spoilers, I am new here but if you want the tip, dm me for it :)

Ok, so I’m assuming since you’re in Fall Year 3 you have a lot of money. So upgrade your pickaxe as soon as you can and buy the best sword from The Adventurers Guild. They update their collected every time you reach a different tier in the mines, so check them every time you progress! Also, try to avoid monsters. They can really sap your energy and health.

imnvs

Local Legend
Just break up stuff and try to go down. Avoid combat until you have a better weapon.

Ereo

Helper
Maybe you can tell us what your problem is.

Do you run out of time before you hit the next level with an elevator?

Do you get killed by monsters a lot?

Sigrah

Farmer
So I'm on almost fall year 3, and I only gone to the first level of "The Weeds" which isn't even level 10, and I'm afraid that I'm not progressing.
I saw the "multiple by 5" tip, but it's not helping.
Do you have any advice for me? thank you very much if you reply to this thread! :)
BTW, I have a copper pickaxe and a wood club (9-16 damage)

1) Check the tv and see what the luck is like on a given day. Good (pyramid) or great (star) are the days you’re looking for. You can go on other days if you want, but I wouldn’t recommend it until you’ve mastered the mines, it’s a lot harder to progress on bad luck days.

2) Go into the mines first thing in the morning. Don’t water your crops or futz around with other stuff, just get to the mines ASAP.

3) Break rocks until you find a staircase. Once one shows up, take it. Don’t run around trying to mine every rock and ore there is. Your goal is advancement, not harvesting minerals.

4) Keep doing levels in multiples of 5. That is the key objective because the elevator acts as the progression marker, meaning once you reach a level ending in 5 or 0, you can come back to that level the next time you’re ready to do progression.

5) Allow yourself enough to time to water your crops and do other farm chores. In an ideal setting, you’d want to do progression in Spring year 1 starting on day 5 when the mine opens, but you’re in year 3, so your farm size might be very very different.

6) Try to go to the mines on rainy days, even if the luck that day is neutral. Energy is your most expensive resource for progression, and not having to water your crops is a big energy saver.

Beyond that, I can’t think of any other tips. If you’re still in the first 10 levels, that club you have is a good weapon to fight with if you have to do any fighting. Usually, I fight whatever I encounter as I’m searching for stair cases, and sometimes I get stair cases when they die. In your case, for the first 40 levels, don’t be afraid to kill the blue flying bugs: They always die in one hit, can generate stairs, give bug meat used to make fishing bait, and rarely, like all other bugs, can drop an ancient seed. Outside of that, you might want to avoid fighting things like slimes and other mobs during progression until you get good at combat, unless you have no choice that is.

Lappy

Sodbuster
As you probably understand already, hitting multiples of 5 is important so you have a new floor that the elevator will stop on. Thus, your goal is to go 5 or 10 floors lower than the lowest one the elevator currently stops at. There are two things that stand in your way: time and energy.

Time: You only have a set amount of time before you need to head back home, or fall asleep in the mines. Depending on how much gold you have, it may actually be more worthwhile to fall asleep in the mines than to give yourself a buffer to get back home before 2AM. There are threads in the forum that discuss this, but I don't really want to search for them right now. This also means that you should get to the mines as early as you can. If you have a bunch of crops, having sprinklers to do your watering means saving a bunch of time that you can spend in the mines. Or, going on a rainy day will eliminate your watering time. Having a horse will save you some time as well, but you'll need to build a stable first.
You'll need 100 hardwood to build a stable, so you'll need either a copper axe to chop the stumps on a Forest Map, or a steel axe to break the large log to give you access to the Secret Woods, which has hardwood stumps.

Energy: If your energy is low, you will start moving slowly and if you completely exhaust it, you will pass out. You can replenish energy with food; many will stock up on salads at Gus's saloon. If you're short on gold, you can also use crops or fish, or foraged items However, the amount of energy gained tends to be pretty low, unless it's a crop that is worth quite a bit of gold.

But the other part of the equation is to reduce your energy expenditure. Upgrading your pickaxe will allow you to break the rocks and nodes with fewer hits, thus preserving your energy. On most levels, you'll need to break up rocks to find the ladders to the next level, so upgrading your pickaxe will save you a bunch of energy. Upgrading your weapon means killing monsters with fewer swings, saving you energy. However, I'm not keen on buying new weapons, as I've usually gotten upgrades from monster drops. So unless you've been really unlucky and not had weapons drop, I'd save the gold for upgrades.

Also, once you find a ladder, to save energy, stop breaking more rocks and go down the ladder to the next level.

Depending on how your time/energy/gold balance is, it may be worth taking a trip to the spa to restore your energy for free. This is an option if gold is tight - either because it's low or because you're saving for an upgrade. I've done five levels, exited to the spa to regen energy, and went back to the mines for another five levels.

Another potential energy saver is consuming +Luck foods. Luck increases the chances of finding ladders, so on average, you'll need to break fewer rocks. You could also consume +Max Energy foods to boost the maximum amount you have for the day. However, at lower levels, you probably won't have much access to these foods.

Last edited:

venusqwe

Greenhorn
Maybe you can tell us what your problem is.

Do you run out of time before you hit the next level with an elevator?

Do you get killed by monsters a lot?
I think the problem is that I'm afraid of the monsters in the mines, but I try to fight them and not giving up :)

venusqwe

Greenhorn
Ok, so I’m assuming since you’re in Fall Year 3 you have a lot of money. So upgrade your pickaxe as soon as you can and buy the best sword from The Adventurers Guild. They update their collected every time you reach a different tier in the mines, so check them every time you progress! Also, try to avoid monsters. They can really sap your energy and health.
I do upgraded my pickaxe to a copper one, and it's helping a lot actually, but I see in the Adventure's Guild that they only have a wooden sword, but the club is really good, especially with the rock crubs. also, fighting monsters does not low your energy, so I'm so thankful for the creators of the game lol.

venusqwe

Greenhorn
update : I checked the elevator AND I SAW A 10 I'M SO HAPPY THANKS TO YOU GUYS, I didn't even think people will reply to this, but thank you so much for the tips! edit: right now on level 17, are there any Duggies in the area? edit: BRUH I'M ON LEVEL 20

Last edited:

venusqwe

Greenhorn
As you probably understand already, hitting multiples of 5 is important so you have a new floor that the elevator will stop on. Thus, your goal is to go 5 or 10 floors lower than the lowest one the elevator currently stops at. There are two things that stand in your way: time and energy.

Time: You only have a set amount of time before you need to head back home, or fall asleep in the mines. Depending on how much gold you have, it may actually be more worthwhile to fall asleep in the mines than to give yourself a buffer to get back home before 2AM. There are threads in the forum that discuss this, but I don't really want to search for them right now. This also means that you should get to the mines as early as you can. If you have a bunch of crops, having sprinklers to do your watering means saving a bunch of time that you can spend in the mines. Or, going on a rainy day will eliminate your watering time. Having a horse will save you some time as well, but you'll need to build a stable first.
You'll need 100 hardwood to build a stable, so you'll need either a copper axe to chop the stumps on a Forest Map, or a steel axe to break the large log to give you access to the Secret Woods, which has hardwood stumps.

Energy: If your energy is low, you will start moving slowly and if you completely exhaust it, you will pass out. You can replenish energy with food; many will stock up on salads at Gus's saloon. If you're short on gold, you can also use crops or fish, or foraged items However, the amount of energy gained tends to be pretty low, unless it's a crop that is worth quite a bit of gold.

But the other part of the equation is to reduce your energy expenditure. Upgrading your pickaxe will allow you to break the rocks and nodes with fewer hits, thus preserving your energy. On most levels, you'll need to break up rocks to find the ladders to the next level, so upgrading your pickaxe will save you a bunch of energy. Upgrading your weapon means killing monsters with fewer swings, saving you energy. However, I'm not keen on buying new weapons, as I've usually gotten upgrades from monster drops. So unless you've been really unlucky and not had weapons drop, I'd save the gold for upgrades.

Also, once you find a ladder, to save energy, stop breaking more rocks and go down the ladder to the next level.

Depending on how your time/energy/gold balance is, it may be worth taking a trip to the spa to restore your energy for free. This is an option if gold is tight - either because it's low or because you're saving for an upgrade. I've done five levels, exited to the spa to regen energy, and went back to the mines for another five levels.

Another potential energy saver is consuming +Luck foods. Luck increases the chances of finding ladders, so on average, you'll need to break fewer rocks. You could also consume +Max Energy foods to boost the maximum amount you have for the day. However, at lower levels, you probably won't have much access to these foods.
thank you thank you thank you! replies like this help a lot, I really need to take the tip of stop breaking rocks once I find a ladder, because I can't resist to the copper ores lol

venusqwe

Greenhorn
1) Check the tv and see what the luck is like on a given day. Good (pyramid) or great (star) are the days you’re looking for. You can go on other days if you want, but I wouldn’t recommend it until you’ve mastered the mines, it’s a lot harder to progress on bad luck days.

2) Go into the mines first thing in the morning. Don’t water your crops or futz around with other stuff, just get to the mines ASAP.

3) Break rocks until you find a staircase. Once one shows up, take it. Don’t run around trying to mine every rock and ore there is. Your goal is advancement, not harvesting minerals.

4) Keep doing levels in multiples of 5. That is the key objective because the elevator acts as the progression marker, meaning once you reach a level ending in 5 or 0, you can come back to that level the next time you’re ready to do progression.

5) Allow yourself enough to time to water your crops and do other farm chores. In an ideal setting, you’d want to do progression in Spring year 1 starting on day 5 when the mine opens, but you’re in year 3, so your farm size might be very very different.

6) Try to go to the mines on rainy days, even if the luck that day is neutral. Energy is your most expensive resource for progression, and not having to water your crops is a big energy saver.

Beyond that, I can’t think of any other tips. If you’re still in the first 10 levels, that club you have is a good weapon to fight with if you have to do any fighting. Usually, I fight whatever I encounter as I’m searching for stair cases, and sometimes I get stair cases when they die. In your case, for the first 40 levels, don’t be afraid to kill the blue flying bugs: They always die in one hit, can generate stairs, give bug meat used to make fishing bait, and rarely, like all other bugs, can drop an ancient seed. Outside of that, you might want to avoid fighting things like slimes and other mobs during progression until you get good at combat, unless you have no choice that is.
thank you again! I'm now on level 12 in The Weeds, and I'm so scared of the monsters, but now at least I can find rock crabs and know when it's there.

Ereo

Helper
If you're afraid if the monsters, you could try to ignore them and run. Rock crabs don't follow you that far. The flying bugs will come after you though, so it's better to swing at them. I don't know if that helps, but they can't really hurt you. If your health gets low you faint and lose some money and stuff, but it's nothing to weird about :)
The weapons in the guild get better the deeper you get in the mine. Try upgrading your pickaxe as soon as you have enough iron, but you'll have to get to deeper levels for that.

You can reply to several people in one post if you just hit reply under each post, that reduces double posting.

venusqwe

Greenhorn
If you're afraid if the monsters, you could try to ignore them and run. Rock crabs don't follow you that far. The flying bugs will come after you though, so it's better to swing at them. I don't know if that helps, but they can't really hurt you. If your health gets low you faint and lose some money and stuff, but it's nothing to weird about :)
The weapons in the guild get better the deeper you get in the mine. Try upgrading your pickaxe as soon as you have enough iron, but you'll have to get to deeper levels for that.

You can reply to several people in one post if you just hit reply under each post, that reduces double posting.
thanks for helping :) I don't really have a problem with the bugs, because they're easy to chop, right now I'm on level 13, but I stopped bcuz I randomly got a dungeon level and oh boy, there was 2 Haunted Skulls! but at least I got to level 13 :)

Ereo

Helper
Yeah, I don't think you'll be able to survive dungeon levels easily with your weapon. Those skulls are mean.

imnvs

Local Legend
Infested levels and swarms can indeed be a pain. Early on, those haunted skulls can be real problematic. Early on, before I got a better weapon, I run from them too. A good way to prevent both infested levels and swarms completely, though, is Oil of Garlic.

Lappy

Sodbuster
thank you thank you thank you! replies like this help a lot, I really need to take the tip of stop breaking rocks once I find a ladder, because I can't resist to the copper ores lol
Yeah, if your goal is to get lower in the mines, once you have enough ore for your upgrades, skip them. When you go back later (with upgraded tools and weapons), you'll be able to farm ore easier because the monsters are much less of a threat by that time.

venusqwe

Greenhorn
Do you have any tips for the 80-120th floors? currently with a bone sword & templar's blade & steel pickaxe.
I did a research on the monsters and they are pretty strong.