How to Share Your Farm and Use Stardew Planner

Odin

Staff member
Sharing Your Farm

For PC, Switch, PlayStation, and Mobile

These platforms have a native way to capture not just your farm, but any map you’re on! To use this feature:
  1. Enter the in-game map you want to capture.
  2. Open your inventory.
  3. Click on/move to the Options tab and scroll to the bottom.
  4. (PC only) Select a percentage. This actually refers to the quality of the screenshot produced, it will capture the full map no matter which % you pick, just at different levels of image quality (and file size).
  5. Click the camera button on PC, or "screenshot" on console or mobile.
You can find your screenshots on PC by clicking “Open Destination Folder”, or:
  • On Windows at %appdata%\StardewValley\Screenshots
  • On Mac and Linux at ~/.local/share/StardewValley/Screenshots (Don't see this folder on your Mac? See here to resolve that issue.)
  • On Switch in the Album page
  • On PS4 under Settings -> Storage -> System Storage -> Capture Gallery
  • On PS5 under Settings -> Storage -> Console Storage -> Media Gallery
  • On iOS and iPadOS in the Files app under On My iPhone/iPad -> Stardew Valley -> StardewScreenshots
  • On Android at Android/data/com.chucklefish.stardewvalley/files/Screenshots
If chat commands are more your style, /mapscreenshot also works. You can also specify filename and percentage with the command, for example /mapscreenshot image01 100.

For Xbox and PS Vita
Unfortunately, there’s no easy way to share your farm from an Xbox or PS Vita. The best options are:
  • Recreate your farm using Stardew Planner and export the plan as a render. Plans can be rendered in any season by clicking the purple button in the top right.
  • While playing, go to Robin’s and select the move buildings option. This will give you a slightly larger view of your farm, but you’ll still need to take a number of screenshots and stitch them together.

Planning Your Farm

Stardew Planner is a great tool for planning a farm, created by @hpeinar. There is also a multiplayer planner where you can work on a single farm plan with multiple people.

Getting Started with the Planner
To start, you’ll want to select a farm map from the Layouts drop-down. If you play on PC or mobile, you also have the option to upload a save file and begin planning from there.

The site has a number of keyboard controls that make it easier to use, so once you’re on the planner page, scroll down to see those. It’s also worth noting that this site is designed for a desktop browser and doesn’t work well on mobile.

Saving a Plan
When you save a plan, the site will generate a unique URL for that plan. Please be sure to bookmark or otherwise save this link to return to that plan. (If you saved a plan and closed the site, you’ll still be able to recover the plan in your browser’s history)

Sharing a Plan
Click the purple button in the top right and select your favorite season to get a render of your farm plan. Please note that if you’re planning a modded map, you won’t be able to render it, but you can still select “Save plan as picture” to get an unrendered image.

Updated 3/4/22: Added full iOS instructions within the post. Removed upload.farm link as an option on PC. Changed some wording.
Updated 6/7/22: Linked to troubleshooting steps for a Mac specific issue. (Thank you @Lew Zealand!)
Updated 7/27/22: Updated Map Image Export mod link to a more recent (but still 1.4 and Android compatible) version.
Updated 1/11/23: Updated to reflect mobile platforms gaining native capture feature. Removed previous Android and iOS instructions. Added location of saved screenshots on PS5.

Last edited:
Thank you so much :heart::proud:! It took me a while arguing with my computer, but I got a screenshot! This will be very helpful planning the farm layout and so much stuff!!!!! I am super happy that I can get the neat pictures other people get of their farm! I thought it would require special software or something! Your so amazingly awesome for sharing this, and in a way I can understand too!!!!!! :heart:

Hopefully Xbox can get a better way........... Too bad we don't have a website like facesofgaming.com for the farms. I mean I like what you guys post here but it would be nice to see more.

Odin

Staff member
I still dont get what you have to do with the URL..Like..Ok, I saved, I got the URL and?
If you're referring to the planner, the farm layout you saved can now be found at that URL. You can bookmark it to return to that plan later, or save the URL somewhere else. The planner site has no concept of accounts or users, so that unique URL is how you get back to your layout. I hope that makes sense, and let me know if you have any other questions!

ryjas

Greenhorn
Sharing Your Farm

For PC, Switch, and PlayStation

These three platforms have a native way to capture not just your farm, but any map you’re on! To use this feature:
  1. Enter the in-game map you want to capture.
  2. Open your inventory.
  3. Click on/move to the Options tab and scroll to the bottom.
  4. (PC only) Select a percentage. This actually refers to the quality of the screenshot produced, it will capture the full map no matter which % you pick, just at different levels of image quality (and file size).
  5. Click the camera button on PC, or "screenshot" on console.
You can find your screenshots on PC by clicking “Open Destination Folder”, or:
  • On Windows at %appdata%\StardewValley\Screenshots
  • On Mac and Linux at ~/.local/share/StardewValley/Screenshots
  • On Switch in the Album page
  • On PS4 under Settings -> Storage -> System Storage -> Capture Gallery

If chat commands are more your style, /mapscreenshot also works. You can also specify filename and percentage with the command, for example /mapscreenshot image01 100.

For Mobile
The easiest way to capture an image of your farm on mobile is with upload.farm. You can find your save files under the “On My iPad/iPhone” tab in Files on iOS or at storage/emulated/0/StardewValley on Android. For full iOS instructions, click the button below:
  1. Go to https://upload.farm/
  2. Tap "Choose File"
  3. Tap "Browse"
  4. In the left sidebar, select "On My iPad" or "On My iPhone", it should be near the top
  5. Tap on the Stardew Valley folder
  6. You'll see a folder for each of your saves, labelled with your farmer's name, tap the save you want to share.
  7. You'll now see several files, you want the one labelled with your farmer's name, an underscore, and a bunch of numbers. Tap that one.
  8. Tap "Upload!"
That's it! You'll get some stats as well as a render of you farm. Tap and hold on the image of your farm to save it to photos or share it. If you think you'll use upload.farm often, you may want to make an account. The site will then save your uploads, and you can go back and see how your farm used to look.

If you’re playing on Android with a modded farm map or using any visual mods, you’ll want to use the Map Image Export Mod. That way, you’ll properly capture how your farm looks in game. This is also the best way to get a nighttime view of you farm. This mod is no longer actively maintained, but since Android is still on version 1.4, the mod should still work. Note that this option isn’t available on iOS. For details on Android modding, see here.

For Xbox and PS Vita
Unfortunately, there’s no easy way to share your farm from an Xbox or Vita. The best options are:
  • Recreate your farm using Stardew Planner and export the plan as a render. Plans can be rendered in any season by clicking the purple button in the top right.
  • While playing, go to Robin’s and select the move buildings option. This will give you a slightly larger view of your farm, but you’ll still need to take a number of screenshots and stitch them together.

Planning Your Farm

Stardew Planner is a great tool for planning a farm, created by @hpeinar. There is also a multiplayer planner where you can work on a single farm plan with multiple people.

Getting Started with the Planner
To start, you’ll want to select a farm map from the Layouts drop-down. If you play on PC or mobile, you also have the option to upload a save file and begin planning from there.

The site has a number of keyboard controls that make it easier to use, so once you’re on the planner page, scroll down to see those. It’s also worth noting that this site is designed for a desktop browser and doesn’t work well on mobile.

Saving a Plan
When you save a plan, the site will generate a unique url for that plan. Please be sure to bookmark or otherwise save this link to return to that plan. (If you saved a plan and closed the site, you’ll still be able to recover the plan in your browser’s history)

Sharing a Plan
Click the purple button in the top right and select your favorite season to get a render of your farm plan. Please note that if you’re planning a modded map, you won’t be able to render it, but you can still select “Save plan as picture” to get an unrendered image.

Updated 3/4/22: Added full iOS instructions within the post. Removed upload.farm link as an option on PC. Changed some wording.
~/.local/share/StardewValley/Screenshots isn't working for my mac. I've tried everything to try and find my screenshots but I can't anywhere. It doesn't take me to a SV folder, I'm pretty sure it's just my main account folder with the "desktop" "downloads," etc files. There's no "open destination folder" in my settings, just the screenshot. I have SV through Steam, but the screenshots also don't show up on the screenshot tab on my Steam. I've tried upload.farm but it's glitchy and tends to duplicate some of my farm buildings and it doesn't show the pathways around my farm, so it doesn't look right. I have no clue what to do and it's so frustrating lol I just want farm pictures