How many prismatic shards in a single run?

How many

• Total voters

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
This seems like a pretty easy question to ask so someone might of before, but how many? Also how many have you gotten in a single week?
These are my best three, I got a sixteen before but It seems I have lost the screenshot.
Screenshot (769).png
Screenshot (835).png
Screenshot (775).png

Hill Myna

Farmer
You might want to check out this thread. :)

To be honest, I'm slightly more interested in how many people have collected in a single save. Personally, I'm at 116.

Also, is the sewing machine's output on randomised items tied to the seed? So if I go for the Prismatic outfit, will restarting the day give a different result? And if so, is the Sewing Machine that Emily gives you one behind her own sewing machine, like the Geode Crusher?

I believe the most I have gotten is 15. I don't have the screenshot (I don't remember if I even took one) I haven't done any super crazy minmax things, but I am totally considering just going completely overboard and seeing if I can get 20+ shards.
To be honest, I'm slightly more interested in how many people have collected in a single save. Personally, I'm at 116.
I think I've gotten somewhere around 100 in this save as well.

Buck

Farmhand
I believe it's 4, but I only visit the skull caverns for auto-petters and iridium now. I use staircases and I only just stop on treasure floors and only bomb the lower floors for the iridium.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I believe the most I have gotten is 15. I don't have the screenshot (I don't remember if I even took one) I haven't done any super crazy minmax things, but I am totally considering just going completely overboard and seeing if I can get 20+ shards.

I think I've gotten somewhere around 100 in this save as well.
Yeah, every time I have gotten over 15 was by staricasing down to about level 90 then eating a prismatic rock candy. It runs out but then I am usually near to level 200 where I just eat a spicy eel or gold banana pudding/lucky lunch.
I am considering going for what I call a max luck day, which is maximum luck plus pretty much all the luck buffs you can get, the downside is that you are incredibly slow and this is nearly immpossible to play as for someone who thinks just coffee is too slow.
The max luck buff you can have is 9 which stacks with the 0.125 from the lucky charm and 0.7+ from the best luck day.
On this file I have found 231 which is just behind quartz and diamond for which gem I have found the most of.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I regularly hit double digits... but I've never really kept track or taken a screenie. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
yeah, I never go home without more than at least 11 but the growth seems quite steep for getting more than something like 14 unless I am lucky or have something such as prismatic rock candy.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Haven't really kept track, this is a run I did tonight. Wasn't farming for Iridium, was farming for Autograbbers, but couldn't resist blowing up some rocks along the way. Didn't get the autograbbers I wanted but got a decent amount of Iridium and Shards.
View attachment 8425
Looks like you did get two, unless you meant auto-petters?
If you do mean the former they can pretty easily be purchased from marnie for only 25000g.
What types of enchants/forges does the sword have? I'm guessing crusader and three rubies? I mostly use a club and slingshot for killing skeletons.

Looks like you did get two, unless you meant auto-petters?
If you do mean the former they can pretty easily be purchased from marnie for only 25000g.
What types of enchants/forges does the sword have? I'm guessing crusader and three rubies? I mostly use a club and slingshot for killing skeletons.
I did mean auto-petters, thank you. It's 3 Aquamarines and Crusader on the Sword, because I run Scout / Desperado. I've been meaning to test Infinity Gavel soon with the Artful build, but kinda want to do so on a day when I have several hours free and can test a bunch of weapons and builds sequentially, get good direct comparisons and lots of data. Until I do that it hasn't felt worth it to replace it with the Dragonstooth Cutlass I recently found (plus the +2 defense is kinda nice), but it's virtually guaranteed I'm swapping it out for one or the other of those unless something crazy happens during testing. Still, it has served me well :-) The slingshot makes sense as a good compliment to an Artful club, does it have collision on the collapsed bodies of mummies?

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I did mean auto-petters, thank you. It's 3 Aquamarines and Crusader on the Sword, because I run Scout / Desperado. I've been meaning to test Infinity Gavel soon with the Artful build, but kinda want to do so on a day when I have several hours free and can test a bunch of weapons and builds sequentially, get good direct comparisons and lots of data. Until I do that it hasn't felt worth it to replace it with the Dragonstooth Cutlass I recently found (plus the +2 defense is kinda nice), but it's virtually guaranteed I'm swapping it out for one or the other of those unless something crazy happens during testing. Still, it has served me well :-) The slingshot makes sense as a good compliment to an Artful club, does it have collision on the collapsed bodies of mummies?
I get you, I got an iridium needle and just waiting to try out the OHKO build that is assoiciated with it for fun.
Yeah, the ammo does collide which is great but if you don't wan to do that I mentioned in a post a bit back about an insane hammer build which deals a minimum of 255 damage to mummies and ghosts which is only 5 hitpoints lower than their health so almost garunteed one shot.
Also, just wondering why you would replace the infinity sword with the dragontooth cutlass.

here is the post from the thread "sword, dagger or club"
I have to admit, I am a club boy,
For me there is littl eto no reason to use a dagger unless you are going for a ohko build with the iridium needle/are lucky to get a broken trident really early on and swords are reliable but slow and tedious to wait around for while the serpent or iridium bat I just hit goes careening away just to come back again.
Clubs are just easy, the clubs you get early game are way better than the swords you can get, take for example the wooden club or if you are lucky, a wooden mallet, whearas a sword user may use the steel smallsword which deals 4-8 damage a club user may be using the wood club which deals 9-16 and way more if you can abuse the special attack well (I, with using the attack key on keyboard and left mouse click can usually get abou 7-9 hits in the time it takes for the special attack to wear off) which in turn will allow you to have it as a viable weapon much longer than a sword and can keep you from having to go out of your way to buy/grind crates for a better weapon.
The wooden club for me was a useful weapon until about floor 50 and then again at floors 70-90 because of the skeletons there being so weak.
Mid-late game the club-type weapon is also superior personally because of the massive output of damage coupled with the ways to lower special attack cooldown making the special attack the only one you actually use.

*slight spoilers

My weapon evolution as I progressed went similar to this with the approx. amount of time used (in game) beside it:
1/2 day/rusty sword
1-2 weeks/wooden mallet (lucky)
3 weeks/yeti tooth (I always get this from crates and it is way better than the obsidian edge)
2 weeks/galaxy sword (eh)
8 weeks/galaxy hammer (good weapon, now just lies in a chest with all my collectable weapons)
~1 year/Dragontooth club (one of the best looking weapons in my opinion and second best hammer)
1/3 year and counting/Infinity gavel (I was unsure whether to upgrade as I liked my previous weapon immensly and I am a pretty nostalgic person but decided to anyway)
1/3 year and counting/slammer* (I really just like the slammer as a weapon and I like to fight the more powerful dangerous creatures with a weaker weapon for fun and to practise for when I am on newer files)

*Spoilers (though if you are on this thread you are just asking to know...)

If you do choose to use the club as a weapon, there are a few builds that will maxsimise its potential:
Pure damage:
With a build that focuses on pure damage, you will ideally have an Infinity Gavel with three ruby enchants, two iridium/ruby forged rings and the combat perks for extra damage.
With all these percenatge bonuses you get an insane 95% extra damage (the game counts damage boosts all together then adds) and makes your gavel do 195-234 damage per hit which is nearly enough to one-hit mummies in the mines.
for this build I would reccomned using Artful but crusader will allow you to near garunteed one hit mummies (255 minumum damage to the undead, the mummies health is 260).

Pure speed and special attack:
For this build you will need the same weapon as the last but enchanted with three emeralds (speed) with the artful enchant and acrobat perk which will allow you to do each special attack at 25% the regular wait and attack faster.
You will also want emerald rings for speen and iridium bands (which you cannot go wrong with in a build like this)
Though some testing I have come across the hypothesis that higher speed does in-fact help when spamming the special attack on hammers though I may be wrong which would be nice to know.

Of course, these are extreme examples and I do not reccomend doing them and instead using a good mixture of the two with your own choices for rings and forges (though I would try to use iridium bands), these are just placeholders and are meant as a good place to build off of when making your own build that suits you.

My old build was the dragontooth club forged with one speed and two weight and enchanted with artful because I liked letting the monsters go away for a while and letting me mine away then hit them again and had no damage boosting rings. (damage and extra health perks)

Right now, my build is the infinity gavel triple forged with ruby (attack) and enchanted with artful as well as having acrobat for the way faster cooldown and my own fav ring combos which includes one iridium band.

As a kind of summary, do what you will and use weapons you like, if you like clubs, do feel free to take from this what you will and have a good day.

*I am also a person who likes doing useless things and collecting what I like and have started a collection of rare/cool weapons which includes 8 dark swords, all of the dragontooth weapons, three dwarf hammers and a dwarf dagger, neptunes glave, and some others. I have also fully enchanted and forged the starter weapon (rusty sword) with haymaker and 30+ weight to mess around and other things of the like.

Last edited:

imnvs

Local Legend
In the save where I did my prismatic wardrobe, I trashed anything that was a duplicate.

Back on 1.4.0, before both explosive ammo and the spawn rate of iridium nodes got nerfed by CA, you could warp to the desert at 6am, staircase down to floor 300, munch Magic Rock Candy, carpet bomb each floor, and come out at the end of the day with several stacks of iridium ore, and dozens of prismatic shards, as most floors were brimming with iridium nodes. I only did it a few times before the nerf, and I don't have screenshots, but I think my PB was something like 40-odd shards and maybe 4k-5k iridium ore, but I'm pretty sure I saw someone, probably Xianji, manage maybe two or three times that on Twitch, was certainly over 100 shards.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Back on 1.4.0, before both explosive ammo and the spawn rate of iridium nodes got nerfed by CA, you could warp to the desert at 6am, staircase down to floor 300, munch Magic Rock Candy, carpet bomb each floor, and come out at the end of the day with several stacks of iridium ore, and dozens of prismatic shards, as most floors were brimming with iridium nodes. I only did it a few times before the nerf, and I don't have screenshots, but I think my PB was something like 40-odd shards and maybe 4k-5k iridium ore, but I'm pretty sure I saw someone, probably Xianji, manage maybe two or three times that on Twitch, was certainly over 100 shards.
yeah, I know about the pre 1.4 spawn chances and should have specified I meant after 1.4 as I saw someone get upwards of 140 in a youtube world record where he also got more than 9k iridium.

Cptldsilver

Planter
Not sure of the exact number but I think I've gotten at least 30 possibly 40. I did a max iridium run. Only got 3100 which is pretty bad for the strategy I was using. I know the world record iridium is something like 8k+ so probably 80ish.

Elenna101

Farmer
yeah, I know about the pre 1.4 spawn chances and should have specified I meant after 1.4 as I saw someone get upwards of 140 in a youtube world record where he also got more than 9k iridium.
If it was the GodzillaFreak video, that was on 1.5. (You might have known that already, just wanted to clarify.)

Pangaearocks

Planter
A blast from the past.

Voted for 80+ due to this:

Skull Cavern floor 2262 loot.png

Currently have 399 in a chest, but have also bought many Magic rock candies and crafted gear in the Forge. Assuming the Minerals screens is correct:

Screenshot from 2022-09-06 14-31-11.png