Prismatic Shard - Skull Cave

Dorito

Tiller
How many prismatic Shard were you able to find in skull cave ? :skull:

i play on mobile, it was kinda my first run to the cave cause i was always lazy about it and found it hard but looked up some tips :whistle: ..

I found 7 :heart: i love them so much even though i am not going to use them as much :laugh:

Last edited:

Lew Zealand

Helper
3 in one trip is my record but I wasn't really aiming for spoils, rather it was wanton boom-based destruction with a flair of looting thrown in for spice, finished off with a generous swig of Snake Milk.

BTW there are some nice outfits that can be tailored with the Prismatic Shard and it's random what you get, so if you're curious and fashion-minded, head over to Emily's Sewing Machine (unless you have your own already) and see what you get. The only thing I don't know is if it's actually random or set by your seed. It's possible that the finder-outer of all things apparently-but-not-actually random in game, @BlaDe , would know this but I don't know if that question has come up yet.

Boo1972

Farmer
I think 4 is my record so congrats on 7. I think that’s really cool.

I have so many prismatic shards on my beach farm that I had started selling them. Never thought that would ever happen.

Hill Myna

Farmer
image2.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image3.jpeg

I wrote a guide about Skull Cavern; if you want tips you can find some here.

Keep in mind this is Year 4 and I've already done pretty much everything in the game, so I blew thousands of G at trying to get as much Iridium as possible. I mean, when you have ten million G lying around...

imnvs

Local Legend
Wow, 766 Stairs.
All you need to do is get a big shed full crystalariums and put jade in them all. Every 1 & 2/3 days you get 130+ jade... so lets be a bit conservative and say you get about 130 every 2 days. That's 390 or 520 jade, or an average of 455 jade per week. Sundays you can turn jade into staircases at the desert trader, so this means you can average about 455 staircases per week.

And if you don't use them all every week, you can quickly end up with thousands of staircases stored up.

Dorito

Tiller
3 in one trip is my record but I wasn't really aiming for spoils, rather it was wanton boom-based destruction with a flair of looting thrown in for spice, finished off with a generous swig of Snake Milk.

BTW there are some nice outfits that can be tailored with the Prismatic Shard and it's random what you get, so if you're curious and fashion-minded, head over to Emily's Sewing Machine (unless you have your own already) and see what you get. The only thing I don't know is if it's actually random or set by your seed. It's possible that the finder-outer of all things apparently-but-not-actually random in game, @BlaDe , would know this but I don't know if that question has come up yet.
Oh yes i know about the clothes was thinking of doing it i like the idea of them changing colors :proud:

Dorito

Tiller

I wrote a guide about Skull Cavern; if you want tips you can find some here.

Keep in mind this is Year 4 and I've already done pretty much everything in the game, so I blew thousands of G at trying to get as much Iridium as possible. I mean, when you have ten million G lying around...
ty will take a look at it :smile:
For some reasons i like your chaotic inventory lol needs to be CLEARED IMMEDIATELY

Dorito

Tiller
All you need to do is get a big shed full crystalariums and put jade in them all. Every 1 & 2/3 days you get 130+ jade... so lets be a bit conservative and say you get about 130 every 2 days. That's 390 or 520 jade, or an average of 455 jade per week. Sundays you can turn jade into staircases at the desert trader, so this means you can average about 455 staircases per week.

And if you don't use them all every week, you can quickly end up with thousands of staircases stored up.
I did the same i was duplicating diamond as it’s more valuable changed it for jade to get as much staircases as possible
I like to skip first 100 floors or something for some reasons but i guess the deeper you go the better loot you find

Phate4569

Planter
For some reasons i like your chaotic inventory lol
It isn't really chaotic.

They are using the + shape strategy for their equipment. this puts all of the equipment you normally use 1 button press away.

In the center is the Hammer.
Left is slingshot (likely with exploding ammo)
Right is Stairs
Down is Cheese (Healing)
Up is Pickaxe (For when stuck and need space to stairs/bomb)

that forms the core of your action items. then:
2 Rights for bombs
2 Lefts for Coffee re-up
3 Lefts for Eel re-up (less used)

Then the return scepter is off by itself. Easy to get to but far enough away to not misclick.

Everything else is just filler they picked up.

jalexs

Newcomer
7? Damn 4 is my record. That being said I found 2 right next to each other in two gem nodes on the same day once. Didn't check what my luck for that day was, but I assume it was absurd.

Phate4569

Planter
7? Damn 4 is my record. That being said I found 2 right next to each other in two gem nodes on the same day once. Didn't check what my luck for that day was, but I assume it was absurd.
In your other post you said you weren't playing 1.5.

Shards are a bit more common in 1.5