How many hours have you played Stardew?

I'll admit, I've only played around 40 - 50 hours in the game. Except for some MMOs I tend to move on from games rather quickly. I still come back and play on my farm every once in a while, though. Definitely should be playing the game more than I do.

The longest playtime I've seen has been around 3,000 hours supposedly... anyone played even more?

Sigrah

Farmer
I'll admit, I've only played around 40 - 50 hours in the game. Except for some MMOs I tend to move on from games rather quickly. I still come back and play on my farm every once in a while, though. Definitely should be playing the game more than I do.

The longest playtime I've seen has been around 3,000 hours supposedly... anyone played even more?
My playtime so far. I don't know whether to be proud or ashamed, honestly speaking. 4,160 hours is basically playing it 40 hours a week, every week, for 2 years, and I'm only 39 hours away from that 😲

Time played.png

Boo1972

Farmer
My playtime so far. I don't know whether to be proud or ashamed, honestly speaking. 4,160 hours is basically playing it 40 hours a week, every week, for 2 years, and I'm only 39 hours away from that 😲

View attachment 7359
My Steam count was really high too. I have a tendency to forgot to exit completely out of SDV or leave the game paused for a really long time. One day, my time played increased by 20 hours. 🤣

imnvs

Local Legend
Steam and GOG are inaccurate when it comes to figuring out your total play time. It counts total time the game is loaded, not the time you're playing. You kinda have to check your save files and add up the hours yourself.

hexnessie

Farmer
Steam and GOG are inaccurate when it comes to figuring out your total play time. It counts total time the game is loaded, not the time you're playing. You kinda have to check your save files and add up the hours yourself.
I added up like imnvs suggests and it's 906 hours across all saves.
Steam shows 1340 hours, so much more - all the times when I'm at work and the game is running in the background so I can listen to relaxing SDV music

I have only played a couple of games longer than 200 hours. The ones I can think of off the top of my head, are Terraria, which combining all of the time I spent on it on all platforms would probably be somewhere around 300 to 500 hours, legend of Zelda breath of the wild which I probably spent somewhere around 400 hours on, Castle Crashers, in my younger years, probably about 200-ish hours, and Forza horizon 4 which I probably spent somewhere around 200 to 300 hours on. Other than that, I tend to skip around in games and finish them pretty quick.

Elenna101

Farmer
This is true, but also from what I've heard the save file times don't count the time when the game is paused. I'm not sure if they don't count pausing during animations/cutscenes/"do you want to X" questions, or if it just doesn't count time spent in the pause menu, and I'm also not sure how that applies to multiplayer. But the point is that the save file times may not be accurate either.
IMO, if you're not prone to leaving the game open while not playing, the Steam time is probably more accurate. Neither one is great though.

Also, my Steam time is just over 3k hours, but I know I left the game open on the title screen for a significant chunk of the first 1000 hours, but also that doesn't count my mobile time, so I'm estimating my play time is around 2500 hours. (I can't really add up the save file times because I accidentally deleted my mobile saves a while back and I have some save files that I moved out of the save folder because I'm not playing on them anymore.)

This is true, but also from what I've heard the save file times don't count the time when the game is paused. I'm not sure if they don't count pausing during animations/cutscenes/"do you want to X" questions, or if it just doesn't count time spent in the pause menu, and I'm also not sure how that applies to multiplayer. But the point is that the save file times may not be accurate either.
IMO, if you're not prone to leaving the game open while not playing, the Steam time is probably more accurate. Neither one is great though.

Also, my Steam time is just over 3k hours, but I know I left the game open on the title screen for a significant chunk of the first 1000 hours, but also that doesn't count my mobile time, so I'm estimating my play time is around 2500 hours. (I can't really add up the save file times because I accidentally deleted my mobile saves a while back and I have some save files that I moved out of the save folder because I'm not playing on them anymore.)
I'm reading this thread, and I'm seeing all these people who have like 1000+ hours and I'm saying to myself, wow, because I would most likely get bored and move on after like 500-700 hours. Additionally, I don't have the time to play that much. I have a ton of schoolwork and I often don't get to play every day. So I'll be really lucky to get to 1000 hours. It would be the first game I've ever done that on.

imnvs

Local Legend
Hilariously, my GOG time is WAY off and I know it because I don't often open SDV through it. I don't need to, so I just run it without opening the GOG client at all a lot of the time... which means GOG isn't getting any updates of my play time.

GOG says I have 512 hours played.

When I add up my saves' playtimes I have approaching 1109 hours. I am 100% certain that this is more accurate.

Last edited:
I'm reading this thread, and I'm seeing all these people who have like 1000+ hours and I'm saying to myself, wow, because I would most likely get bored and move on after like 500-700 hours. Additionally, I don't have the time to play that much. I have a ton of schoolwork and I often don't get to play every day. So I'll be really lucky to get to 1000 hours. It would be the first game I've ever done that on.
I agree. As much as I love Stardew (and I absolutely love it), there's little chance that I'd play the game that much. Even MMOs that have tons of content added constantly sometimes have trouble keeping my attention. On top of it I have other things to do with my life other than sit in front of a screen. Wish I didn't, but hey, that's life. And life is unfair.